Home

JA+ Mod 1.4 (admin mod)

slider

hello i am pleased to show u my super mod ja+ mod 1.3....

u can find it here

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3375/

THis server side MOd is designed to add cool Features and enable admin commands In order to keep order on the server.

This mod will not change all the gameplay of the game.

It will simply add fun features or enhence features in order to satisfy academy clan.

Example of features ==> multiple duel at one, duel full force, flipkicks, admin commands , emots and more...

////////////////////////////////////////////

Features ADDED in all versions

////////////////////////////////////////////

Features in 1.3 version:

- NPC cmd works for admin council without cheat

- add weapon melee for player controled by cvar jp_giveWP_MELEE

- remove bug about randomly arm breaks :)

- more emots : ampower, ambeg,amflip

- emot amthrow now works ==> it takes a player and throw it far away :)

-more admin function : amprotect ,amsilence ,amunsilence, ampunsish, amunpunish, amempower, amunempower

- added rcon cmd admGrant to grant user admin access

- more admin functions in order to exec admin commands without going into the console :

admCmdPrev,admCmdNext,playerPrev,playerNext,admCmdEXE

see the file admin.cfg that contain MY Script of binded CMDs ==> edit it with bloc note and change the bind key

-enable push/pull on knockdown players controlled by cvar jp_pushPullKnockDown

Features in 1.2 version:

-isolation of Full force Duelers fully works fine :) => no interaction with other players

- amban now working :)

- add the command aminfo to display all command in game

- more admin commandes ammap, amsleep, amwake, amslap, ampsay,ambreakarm, amunbreakarm

- more emots : amthrow, amknockmedown,amspin, amdropsaber

Features in 1.1 version:

-remove a big bug on kick flip back ==> now flipkick management works fine :)

Features in 1.0 version:

- support for both linux and windows

-admin commande for lamers :) amkick, amban, amwhois, amtele, amorigin, amslay, amstatus, amlogin, amlogout

- Multiple Duel At Once

- duel start with 100/100 and winner gets its health and sheild regenerated to 100/25

- don't put saber on at duel start

- Show Health/Armor left of the winner at duel end

- Full FOrce Duel allowed (see the command "engage_FullForceDuel" )

- Show Motd when client enter the game at the center of the screen (see Cvar jp_motd and jp_motdtime)

- kick and side kick like in JK2 game ( see Cvar jp_allowflipkick )

- emots allowed in every gametype like those of duel/powerDuel GameType : taunt ,meditate, bow, gloat, flourish

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argh!

Another perfectly promising Admin Mod ruined by the presence of the infamous "amlaming" abusive commands (slap, slay, sleep, etc).

When will mod authors learn that this stuff positively killed the fun in the JK2 community? It made every 12 year old admin with a chip on his shoulder into a bully with god-like delusions.

They can do no better this time around. Break the chain...

Just say "no" to AMLaming!

Ignore these people m8. They are biased. Some servers will be much appreciative for the mod. You guys should realise this, JA is goin downhill, without these mods JA wont even have a Halflife That JO had. Its just for fun man, i aint gonna waste my time doin all that stuff to to lamers and idiots, ill just kick em. These commands are specifically for my friends. MWhahahahahahahah

atx250

My suggestion would be if you want to keep the amlame commands, put them into a seperate mode (requiring a map restart) similar to how cheats only work with "devmap."

That way you avoid the temptation for an admin to bully the people who join his server and use them to "cheat" his way to a cheap power-trip victory.

Just a thought. ; )

And atx, how exactly will "these mods" extend the life of JA?

What do you mean "without these mods" JA won't have half the life that JO did?

I think you're mistaken. You can read hundreds of complaints on these forums (and other forums) about how people were positively FED UP with all the admin abuse in JK2. And that was a direct result of the "amslap" type commands put into each and every one of these mods (why every author felt the need to copy his peers I'll never guess).

Now it's happening again in JA. But it's happened more quickly because of the code similarities. We had admin mods (complete with amslap, sleep, slay, teleport, etc) within HOURS of the SDK being released!

Far from extending the life of the game, it will merely shorten it, while it shortens the tempers of those who just want to play a fun game, not a game of "Obedience School" with some hot-head kid admin. ; p

IMO things like ampunish are just unneeded. It gives way to exactly what Kurgan was talking about. Silence me, okay, kick me, okay -- at least I know I'm not welcome there. But, I agree that some admin commands are going too far. The purpose of an admin as far as gameplay goes is only to keep the peace and therefore he/she only needs such abilities. For instance, I saw an admin *I suppose* empower another friend (or he may have already been an admin too) and they kept punishing people by teleporting them into this little spot on one FFA map that was caged in and had a fire going... So people just sat there and roasted. Over and over. I was just lucky not to be chosen.

I'm not pro admin commands or anti. I see both sides, and this is a way for all to be happy.

@ Krugan

If thats the case, then Jo would have died a horrable death, Mods are not what is killing this game, they are saving it. keeping people interested. The proof is in JO, mod usage is widespread, and has been ever since i have been playing (didnt play multi right from the release). Yet that game had a great online life. Its the Randomness of saber combat that could put the final nail in the coffin for a lot of peeps. I find myself yearning for JO, i still play it but my buddys are in JA. I think IF these mods were not released, you would have seen a lot of players goin back to JO, in fact i did see a lot of people that went back before mods were released.

[Please note]

IMHO

atx250

it is not admin like mod that kills the gamplay but admin.....

it is to the responsability or each server admin to choose the good future admin.......

and a server without mod, but with bad admins can waste a lot the gameplay only with /rcon clientkick

so mods don't change the gameplay....

Bad admin behaviours change the gamplay with or without this mod

Originally posted by atx250

JA is goin downhill, without these mods JA wont even have a Halflife That JO had.

So features like:
-more admin function : amprotect ,amsilence ,amunsilence, ampunsish, amunpunish,amempower, amunempower

- added rcon cmd admGrant to grant user admin access

is what is going to stop JA from going downhill? If that is the case, I say let the game die.

Originally posted by acdcfanbill

so you like this mod with kicks but dislike a different mod with kicks? explain to me, your reasoning behind that please ;)

I like them both, I didn't before. I just tried them once both, and found out it was quite fun. Mostly because of the fun, I wouldn't enjoy serious fights and all that. Me and my friend mostly fooled around in Xmod and JA+ mod, running around acting like Agents.

@ Krugan

If thats the case, then Jo would have died a horrable death, Mods are not what is killing this game, they are saving it. keeping people interested. The proof is in JO, mod usage is widespread, and has been ever since i have been playing (didnt play multi right from the release).

The people who are still playing JK2 now are in large part the "honor dudes" and the RPG players. While not everyone uses Admin Mods (the majority don't) the ones that still do are the people who favor a "non-competative" style of play... ie: sitting around trading emotes and chatting while a few people "bow & slowly duel."

Lots of people quit playing the game due to the Admin Mods and their widespread abuse.

Before the release of the first Admin Mods with amlaming commands I'm sure JK2 flourished, but it's been steadily damaged as a result.

And don't go lumping ALL MODS into the category of amlaming. It's a totally different thing.

Most mods do NOT give you godlike powers that facilitate abusing and humiliating guests who join your server.

New skins, new maps, new sabers, those enhance gameplay without unbalancing it in favor of 12 year old admins who just want to win at all costs and "punish" people who don't "respect their authoritah." ; )

Yet that game had a great online life. Its the Randomness of saber combat that could put the final nail in the coffin for a lot of peeps. I find myself yearning for JO, i still play it but my buddys are in JA. I think IF these mods were not released, you would have seen a lot of players goin back to JO, in fact i did see a lot of people that went back before mods were released.

So you're saying the only thing that keeps people coming back are Admin Mods with amlaming commands? That's absurd.

Maybe that's true for the "honor d00ds" and the RPG players, but the competative players can't stand those mods, and that's why in large part they've moved on. Now that the SDK is out and the floodgates are open, mod authors have a responsibility not to repeat the mistakes of the JK2 community.

I'd say the strength and longevity of JK2 is IN SPITE of the Admin Mods, NOT BECAUSE OF IT.

The reason people come back is because these are good games, despite how Admin Mod authors have tried (perhaps inadvertantly) to ruin it by making it only fun for RPG and "honor" players.

If Admin Mods were the only thing keeping JK2 afloat, you'd think ALL servers would be running them not just 50%.

The fact is, the widespread use of amlaming enabled Admin Mods makes it hard to find public servers to play on if you're interested in a game and not a bowing/emote fest where you have to suck up to the Admin in order to stop from being slapped/sleeped/slayed and turned into a bunny all night.

Think about it, 1 out of every 2 servers will likely be an Admin Mod. That's enough to frustrate a lot of people just looking to actually PLAY the game it was meant to be played.

Admin Mods in and of themselves aren't bad, far from it. It's the fact that Admin Mods tend to parrot each other by including those gratuitus and abuse-prone "amlaming" mods (slap, sleep, slay, teleport, bunny, empower, punish, etc), that gives them a bad name and turns players away (except for the loud minority who actually enjoy non-competative "honor" dueling/RPGing).

is not admin like mod that kills the gamplay but admin.....

it is to the responsability or each server admin to choose the good future admin.......

and a server without mod, but with bad admins can waste a lot the gameplay only with /rcon clientkick

so mods don't change the gameplay....

Bad admin behaviours change the gamplay with or without this mod

That's all well and good to say that, but let's try an analogy.

Somebody brought up the "gun rights" debate (the real life one about gun ownership say in the US) on another forum about admin mods. I think we should examine this analogy.

They quote the popular slogan "Guns don't kill people, people kill people!" and that's true. A gun doesn't kill a person by itself, it needs a person to pull the trigger. So as long as people who have guns don't use them to kill, there will be no gun deaths theoretically.

But, of course this analogy used with Admin Mods' amlaming commands falls flat for several reasons:

1) In real life, gun ownership (legally) has several safeguards to PREVENT abuse. These include mandatory safety/training courses, liscenses/registration, waiting periods, background checks, prohibitions against minors purchasing, limitations on caliber and auto features (ie: we don't let ordinary civilians purchase military grade assault weapons anymore unless they don't work anymore).

Admin Mods have NO requirements to filter out people who will abuse them. The only requirement to get one is that you can download a file to your hard drive.

2) In real life, there are HIGH PENALTIES if you abuse a gun (ie: fines, jail time, possibly even execution if you murder somebody, in several states). Not to mention hidden costs like court & lawyer fees, criminal investigations, etc.

There are NO penalites if you abuse an Admin Mod. People get mad and leave your server, that's the worst that can happen.

So taken to its logical conclusion, creating "amlame" Admin Mods and providing them to the community is like handing out Assault Weapons to kids.

If you can't trust a little kid to handle an assault rifle safely and in a non-abusive manner, how can you trust a little kid to operate an Admin Mod that gives him god-like powers and the ability to humilate guests on his server and CHOOSE NOT abuse those commands?

Obviously giving real Assault Weapons to kids would have more dire consequences, but it's just an analogy. I hope you see where I was going with this.

Might as well give him some yummy candy and say "don't eat this.. I'm going to go away now and never check to see if you obeyed me, but I trust you just to hold it."

Admins can always abuse their power, but Amlaming mods just make it MUCH EASIER for them to abuse things and makes the problem much worse, instead of helping.

Since "good" Admins won't need to use these commands, what's the point of having them in the first place? "Bad" Admins will simply take advantage of them and promote their abuse. Why not just remove them altogether?

Sorry for the long-winded rants, but I really feel strongly about this issue.

I'm not just giving you crap either. I told the Xmod2 author the same thing. He eventually came around when he realized the majority of his fans were against the idea of "amlaming" and has since removed those "features" for his next release (kudos to him).

The JA Reloaded author also saw the light and removed the abusive commands from his mod (and his "Jedi Academy Mod" was the most popular Admin Mod in JK2!).

If people left JA to play JK2, it was because of the GAMEPLAY DIFFERENCES, NOT because of the Admin Mods.

In fact, many players were HAPPY that Admin Mods had not yet been released for JA (until the SDK came out), because they could finally escape the abusive Admins and their huge egos and trigger happy slap/slay/punish binds.

Admin Mods are a dime a dozen. They all provide the same crappy "admin" features. What sets them apart are the OTHER features they offer.

So rather than promoting amlaming abuse, promote the other features your mod provides. You can have useful functions like black names, full force duels, multiple duels, multiple MOTD's, multi-level admins and a seperate BannedIP's file, those are good. Just remove the stuff that ruins gameplay like the amlame functions.

If people want that they can always just use OmNiMod. ; p

Originally posted by slider

side kick

xmod2, JK2

kick,

I assume you mean the flip kick. xmod2, JK2

duel full force ....

I'm not sure what you mean by that...Do you mean that you can have full force power skils in duel?

That's not exactly much to justice your mod over the alternatives.

Are you sure? Most of them are pretty transparent. Check your console and see if any of the admin commands work (assuming you're logged in as the admin).

I was trying out OmNi mod the other day, slapping/slaying/sleeping bots left and right.

It got pretty boring fast. ; p

Originally posted by Kurgan

Update: There. Done. What do you think? =)

I think your posts are too long :D

I'd say the strength and longevity of JK2 is IN SPITE of the Admin Mods, NOT BECAUSE OF IT.

I couldn't agree more.

The people who are still playing JK2 now are in large part the "honor dudes" and the RPG players.

Not necessarily true. This post is from the Jedi Outcast forum:

Originally posted by Tosh_UK

All i can say is with the lack in Fanboys in JOII now its way much better game than it use to be... and i am in no rush to play JA anyways.

I think a lot of the fanboys\honor doods whined and whined until Mommy bought them that kewl new Star Wars® Jedi Knight®: Jedi Academy game so they could "wander around doing nothing" (as TK puts it) with their friends.

Archived