Home

JA+ Mod 1.4 (admin mod)

slider

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think a lot of the fanboys\honor doods whined and whined until Mommy bought them that kewl new Star Wars® Jedi Knight®: Jedi Academy game so they could "wander around doing nothing" (as TK puts it) with their friends.

Maybe you're right and I'm wrong. ; )

Though I probably should have said "and those still using admin mods" but I know you'd take issue with that since you're one of those and definatley not a fanb0i (fang1r1?).

I honestly don't play JK2 online anymore, and I was basing my judgement mostly on the plethora of servers using abusive-admin command ladden mods. But since you reguarly host a JK2 server still, you'd know more than me!

i dont think atx knows much. when jk2 first came out people were playing and the community flourished and it was actually considered a fps game with competitive qualities. but then 1.03 came out and with it came adminmods (vulcanus) and those graduated into academy mod and all those others and by the time 1.04 came by a huge amount of players had gotten fed up and quit. most competitive play was destroyed and jk2 ffa was just a 3d chatroom.

those "mods" crushed jk2's life and any reputation it had. and now it seems jk3 wont even have a few months of real play because i can already tell the honor f**s are pissing their pants in anticipation for these admin mods so they can sit around and ruin everyone elses game play. sadly most of ffa admins are honor f**s so that makes the servers honor servers so even if the majority of players want to play they cant because the minority has the control.

i'm just going to stick to my xmod ctf servers where people actually play and there is such thing as competitive play.

/peace

I played on a server running this mod.. Most people was actully playing the game, and not standing around chatting, i didnt bother the chaters, i joined in the ffa, with most people, but the admins there were simply making there server unplayable, there was no rules stated anywhere, admins with protectant bubble on (invincablity) were often walking up to us and killing us and doing /amthrow on us...... i simply did it back to one admin who did it to me, so i got put to sleep, this wasnt just a one off, its the 2nd time this has happened in 1 day on this mod....... now tell me, is this really nessesary to keep a server under controll? or a simple kick or ban?. Admins running all over the place on tauntauns with protectant on sabering people that cant fight back......is this what you want ja turning into slider ?

I also found simular actions on omni mod servers... the only servers i have found playable is basejka, and people in the basejka servers really do have fun and play the game rather than walking around complaining about being killed with your saber down........even though you respawn again.

sorry for my bad spelling

kick, ban are sometimes not the best solutions, some people are smarter than that so if you can stop them form having fun, they'll stop coming back. I like these admin emotes though I think you should make more just fine old player emotes. Introduce a few new game modes into the selection like specialties and jedi vs merc, perhaps some others. I'd also make this more a client mod aswell. Adding level 4-5 force powers and some new force ranks would be nice. Adding things like melee and perhaps some new force powers, like an ability that gives someone others force powers aswell (would look like a green version of singleplayer drain, would make a very cool dark side power, perhaps a jedi lightning power, slightly stronger than that of the darkside(for balance) and a light side ability of lightning absorbsion where lightning is absorbed by the lightsaber and effects only force. Add RGB sabers and some new styles, such as alternate styles for dual sabers and saber staffs. And balance out the strong style, even though slow it shouldn't be an instant kill weapon, many abuse this. Oh and add the speed warp that apears in SP, adds more realism and controle to the power, I'd also add some admin timescale options, anyways your mod is well on it's way

Originally posted by Admiral Chemix

kick, ban are sometimes not the best solutions, some people are smarter than that so if you can stop them form having fun, they'll stop coming back.

Usually, that's not the case. Going back to the main menu and having to load stuff again is annoying...

I like these admin emotes though I think you should make more just fine old player emotes.

The emotes that come with the game are fine. Besides, new emotes that are on/off make you float in air and become invincible. (Really abusable in CTF!)

Introduce a few new game modes into the selection like specialties and jedi vs merc, perhaps some others. I'd also make this more a client mod aswell.

Not many people would download it then.

Adding things like melee and perhaps some new force powers, like an ability that gives someone others force powers aswell (would look like a green version of singleplayer drain, would make a very cool dark side power,

Melee already is in the game. If you are referring to some one replenishing some one else's force pool, that's already in the game.

perhaps a jedi lightning power, slightly stronger than that of the darkside(for balance) and a light side ability of lightning absorbsion where lightning is absorbed by the lightsaber and effects only force.

I thought the idea was cool at first, but then that would make light side more powerful then dark. The absorption is already possible with the absorb power.

Add RGB sabers

Yes! We must have it! We must!!! :slsaber:

Oh and add the speed warp that apears in SP, adds more realism and controle to the power, I'd also add some admin timescale options, anyways your mod is well on it's way

In multiplayer, everything would get off balance as for one player would see everything go slow while another would see everything go normal and that person go fast. It would really be impossible to do.

Originally posted by Sarah J

I played on a server running this mod.. Most people was actully playing the game, and not standing around chatting, i didnt bother the chaters, i joined in the ffa, with most people, but the admins there were simply making there server unplayable, there was no rules stated anywhere, admins with protectant bubble on (invincablity) were often walking up to us and killing us and doing /amthrow on us...... i simply did it back to one admin who did it to me, so i got put to sleep, this wasnt just a one off, its the 2nd time this has happened in 1 day on this mod....... now tell me, is this really nessesary to keep a server under controll? or a simple kick or ban?. Admins running all over the place on tauntauns with protectant on sabering people that cant fight back......is this what you want ja turning into slider ?

I also found simular actions on omni mod servers... the only servers i have found playable is basejka, and people in the basejka servers really do have fun and play the game rather than walking around complaining about being killed with your saber down........even though you respawn again.

sorry for my bad spelling

Originally posted by Sarah J

but the punishment commands are used and abused on people doing no harm to the rules, 99 % of the time

I hope all the "honor dudes" who claim player abuse (it's player abuse, not admin abuse, just like child abuse means the children are the victims, not the perpertrators) rarely happens ("I've never seen that happen on my server") read this and see that abusive admins and player abuse are very common with these admin mods, just like we've been trying to tell you.

Sarah J, get the All Seeing Eye http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html

It will tell you what mod the server is running, if any. Stick with servers that are "base jka" or "Jedi Academy Reloaded" or "xMod2" or "Disruption". Boycott servers with "OmNi Admin Mod" or "JA+ Mod 1.3". Tell all your online friends to do the same.

Boycott servers running abusive admin mods!

it is important that all admins learn to not abuse.....

this mods is made for good and responsible admins.....

if on a server admins are abusing, leave this server

and when there will be nobody on theirs servers, they learn that they must not abuse....

this mod is not the problem

the bad behaviour is the PRoblem.....

Still has all the abuse-prone commands, some people just don't get it.

Kurgan, I applaud your successful campaign with xMod2, and again kudos to cHoSeN oNe for not having to be told to do the right thing to minimize player abuse by abusive admins.

I think there should be a three-pronged attack against admin mods with abusive commands:

[*]Try to persuade modders to remove abuse-prone commands or not put them in in the first place

[*]Players should be encouraged to boycott\avoid servers running admin mods with abuse-prone commands

[*]The admins of LucasFiles, jk3files, pcgamemods, and all the other file hosting sites should agree to not distribute admin mods with abuse-prone commands

[/list=1]

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. --- George Santayana

Like Pearl Harbor or Sept. 11, the admin mod makers caught the Jedi Outcast community asleep and unprepared for the attack. Let's pray we learned something and history won't repeat itself.

slider, see, here's the problem.

What you call "laming" is not that big a deal.

By that I assume you mean somebody getting mad when they are attacked with their saber down or while they are chatting, or somebody "spamming" a move over and over right?

The thing is, every player has the power to do those things, in the base game mechanics. And if a player is paying attention and playing, they will never be lamed, logically.

And if somebody "lames" you, who cares? They got what.. 1 point over you? You can easily get them back, unless you persist in standing around with your saber off chatting (and if you're going to do that, why do you care if you lose score-wise)?

"Laming" only occurs when somebody is just standing around chatting or ignoring the battle.

THESE folks are lagging the game and wasting everyone's time.

Why? They are using up bandwidth just chatting (something they could easily do in spectator mode or elsewhere... they should go chat up their friends on IRC instead or exchange emails and go there to talk about whatever). Also they're using up a client slot that somebody who wants to actually play might want to have but can't.

Think of it this way, if a server is "full" with 8 people but only 2 of them are actually playing and the rest are just standing around chatting, isn't that a waste and unfair to the people who want to play trying to connect?

"amlaming" (when admins use commands to lame) is not the same as player laming. This is because the admins have been given special super powers by people like you (the mod authors) that only they possess. These powers, when used, give them the ability (quite frankly) to cheat their way to victory or humilate random people at their whim.

No matter what the other players do, they are never safe from the admin, who can slap or sleep them anytime, for any reason. That's just not fair. Better that he kick them completely than subject them to humiliation in front of everyone.

If other players had these powers, the game would be greatly unbalanced and chaotic, nobody would stand for it.

Yet somehow it's mistakenly believed that giving it to admins is a good idea.

We in the competative and "player centered" community disagree. Too often we see admins abuse these commands in order to further their own egos, rather than "establish order" as you hoped they would use them.

Telling people to "just find another server" isn't so easy.

With more and more servers being seduced by admin mods, it's very difficult to find servers that don't use (and abuse) them.

Treat the cause of the disease, not the symptoms. That means YOU need to take action and remove these commands to stop their abuse.

See what I'm saying?

The fate of a large part of the online community is in your hands!

A final note to slider:

If you REALLY believe in supporting "honor" in JA, I suggest you do the following:

Talk to Master Hex (of clan =X=) the author of Xmod2. He has a marvelous plan for this that does not require the use of slap or any of those abusive commands. His system is called the "honor idle" feature. You really should look into it. It's much more fair, optional and doesn't turn each admin into a petty tyrant who can cheat.

I'm sure he'd be happy to help you make your admin mod better!

No offense slider, but what's the point of updating a mod if it's just going to have the same recycled amlame commands in it?

See one amlame admin mod you've seen them all. It seems every week a new mod is released and it just copies and pastes the same amslap/sleep/slay/punish type of commands that we've seen for years in the JK2 community.

Why do we need MORE of this junk?

I've experienced OmNi Mod first hand, I don't need to go through that again.

So I'm not even going to download your mod until you remove those commands.

If high profile admin mods like Xmod2 and JA Reloaded can do it, why can't you?

As an Admin of a regular JA server, I simply refuse to use something like JA+, even though I personally would never abuse its commands. It's just too big a temptation for too many admins and we've seen the harm it does to communities like JK2.

If the amlame commands are removed, I might consider promoting it though, as would I think many responsible admins.

As the Christmas season approaches we've seen a downturn in server activity for JA (not surprisingly) and we'll likely see an upsurge after Christmas as people bring home their freshly opened gift boxes of JA for the PC & Mac (which is shipping this month).

Don't let their first online experience of JA be ruined by some punk admin slapping, sleeping and "punishing" them. They just want to play the game!

Give the community a Christmas Present of your Own. REMOVE THE AMLAP/SLEEP/SLAY/etc COMMANDS!

The community will be grateful!

Originally posted by slider

it is important that all admins learn to not abuse.....

But there is no way to insure that they learn.

this mods is made for good and responsible admins.....

But that does not mean that irresponsible and abusive admins won't get it too.

if on a server admins are abusing, leave this server

To probably run into another server with the same problem.

and when there will be nobody on theirs servers, they learn that they must not abuse....

But people go to the abuse prone servers anyway.

this mod is not the problem

Yes, it is.

the bad behaviour is the PRoblem.....

The problem is bad behavior coupled with the admin mods with abusive commands.

i know a lot of server where people come only to lame

Which is part of the game and never was a "problem" in JK2 1.02 or in Jedi Knight.

and waste the gameplay.....

:confused: Gameplay is not something that can be wasted, it is an element that makes a game fun.

this mod permits to fight with efficiency against thos people......

If you really want to "fight" against those people:

:deathii:Warn them about their "offence."

:deathii:Kick them from the server if they continue.

:deathii:Ban them from the server if they come back and continue their "offence."

This was never a problem in any other game (except for JK2 1.04).

if admin_lamers use this mod to lame, go to play elsewhere

To probably run into another server with the same problem.

You know what would be nice this time around?

A true TC other than a movie adaptation.

Remember that gladiator mod that came out?

Killer stuff.

We need more mods like that and less "admin mods".

=X= mod has pretty much 100% of the competitive saber/force players backing it so it's safe to say that mod is going have a lock on the "let's fix JKA" mods.

Jedi Academy Reloaded has a lock on the emote/honor crowd.

So rather than have 90 million Jedi/Vulcan/Academy/+++++/Pro/Reloaded hybrids that are all basically the same thing, why not have mod makers really focus on bringing something new and unseen into the game this time around?

Just a suggestion.

And don't forget OJP for the single player tweak side of things (with some MP tweaks too of course)!

I agree, admin mods are quickly becoming a dime a dozen, just like they were in JK2.

Just the other day I noticed a "JA Revolutions" that sounded like a carbon copy of JA+.

All they do is just copy and paste the same commands anyway and give it a different name. What's the point?

I agree Unnamed, these guys need to make something worthwhile and new! We only need ONE admin mod and we've already got 5 (and each of them has had multiple versions of course).

1 - my mod is not on ly a admin mod

2- it contain very cool features as duel full force, flip ckick, emots

3- the admin cmds permiits to fight against lamers

4- if admins abuse, go to play elsewhere

5- if u don't like my work, don't install it and leave this thread

6- with ja realoded, there si all cmd needed to abuse like in my mod

Archived