JA+ Mod 1.4 (admin mod)

slider

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 - if admins are good, there is never problems

server owner like you must the choose the good one

it is your job

if you do not do that, there will be abuse with my mod or others like ja relaoded

10- alwas lamers, complaining about admin mods :)

11- i am also a server owner and i am good admin.... this mod is very helpful to fight against persons who come only to waste the gameplay...... i had also bad admins, or good one who have come bad, and i take them out....

it is the jobs of server owners to take care about that....

now if you don't like one of the admin cdms ,simply disallow it

but for that you will have to read the readme

but i am sure you didn't do it, and you permit yourselefs to critiize without havingtry or read carfully the readme

the problem always come from the bad behaviour of admins and not from the mod.....

admins can abuse with the same way with less admin cmds like onimod admun or ja reloaded.....

and even without admin mod, admin can abause a lot.....

if you want a demonstartion give on ly the rcon of a server, and i show u how i can waste the gameplay of your server with only the rcon....

the problem come form the bad behaviour....

the admins cmds of my mods ares very usefull for good admins

Originally posted by slider

1 - my mod is not on ly a admin mod

2- it contain very cool features as duel full force, flip ckick, emots

Xmod can do flip kick too.

3- the admin cmds permiits to fight against lamers

:disaproveIf you really want to "fight" against those people:

:deathii:Warn them about their "offence."

:deathii:Kick them from the server if they continue.

:deathii:Ban them from the server if they come back and continue their "offence."

This was never a "problem" in any other game (except for JK2 1.04).

4- if admins abuse, go to play elsewhere

To probably run into another server with the same problem.

5- if u don't like my work, don't install it and leave this thread

Just because we don't install it doesn't mean other servers won't.

6- with ja realoded, there si all cmd needed to abuse like in my mod

:confused: If you're referring to the fact that you can "amlame" everyone at the same time, there is no need to!

7 ; the cmds allowed for admins is totally configurable so that if you want , you can suprress all cmds execpt for example the kick

But rarely will any servers do that.

8 don't change the name of my topics

you are abusing of your admin right

:confused:

9 - if admins are good, there is never problems

server owner like you must the choose the good one

it is your job

if you do not do that, there will be abuse with my mod or others like ja relaoded

But just because a few select good people to be admin doesn't mean all do.

10- alwas lamers, complaining about admin mods :)

There is no need for all of those silly commands if you can kick/ban someone.

11- i am also a server owner and i am good admin.... this od is very helpful to fight against perso who come only to waste the gameplay...... i had also bad admins, or good one who ha come bad, and i take them out....

it is the jobs of server owner to take care about that....

But that doesn't mean that every server owner will do that.

now if you don't like one of the admin cdms ,simply disallow it

But most servers leave all that junk on, just because we don't like it doesn't mean the server owner cares.

but for that you will ahve to read the readme

but i am sure you didn't do it, and you permit yourselefs to critiize without ahvinf try or read carfully the readme

Not everyone owns servers (I don't own one) and that means anyone who skips from server to server can't do a thing about that.

the problem always come from the bad behaviour of admins and not from the mod.....

The admin mod is only a way to amplify the effects of their behavior.

admins can abuse with the same way with less admin cmds like onimod admun or ja reloaded.....

Omnimod still has that stuff. (Correct me if I'm wrong) Jedi Academy Reloaded has no useless commands such as slay.

and even without admin mod, admin can abause a lot.....

They could, but they abuse for fun, seeing a greenish laser come from the sky is not fun for them.

if you want a demonstartion give on ly the rcon of a server, and i show u how i can waste the gameplay of your server with only the rcon....

But it's more fun for those abusive admins to slap someone off a cliff, or take someone's weapons away and tell everyone to kill that person or they will get slapped or bunnied.

the problem come form the bad behaviour....

In combination with the abusive commands.

the admins cmds of my mods ares very usefull for good admins

Not the bunny, slay, slap and such.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

The admins of LucasFiles, jk3files, pcgamemods, and all the other file hosting sites should agree to not distribute admin mods with abuse-prone commands

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. --- George Santayana

Like Pearl Harbor or Sept. 11, the admin mod makers caught the Jedi Outcast community asleep and unprepared for the attack. Let's pray we learned something and history won't repeat itself. [/b]

it is not a dictatorship, modders must keep the opportunity to put the file they want.......

if you don't like this mod n don't dl it

it is not by qoting famous sentences that you give more credibility to yout speech........

it is not a dictatorship, modders must keep the opportunity to put the file they want.......

Why not make real mods? There's already enough abusive junk.

if you don't like this mod n don't dl it

Just because we don't install it doesn't mean other servers will.

it is not by qoting famous sentences that you give more credibility to yout speech........

But those quotes speak the truth.

_PerfectAgent_ , you said that all server may not be with good admins....

Most servers.

it is ttrue, so i think your are enought clever to find yourself the solution ==> "go on the good servers"

If I want to play sabers only, that's basically impossible. But I got a better solution: remove the abusive commands.

"go on the good sservers" is not a qotation of a famous person like George Santayana but ME

:)

Don't you see: creating admin mods with abuse-prone commands reduces the number of "good" servers that people can take refuge in. Sadly, in the real world, not your fantasy world where server operators pick only "good" admins that don't abuse players and there are an infinite number of "good" servers to go to if you encounter a "bad" server (a majority of those running mods like yours, I've seen them), there are many many "bad" admins and "bad" servers running mods like yours. Do you expect people to keep getting abused on one server after another until they find a "good" one? They won't, they'll just play something else, just as you said you are going to do in another post somewhere. You are going to dump this pile of **** in our community, then go off and play FF XI I think it was, while we deal with cleaning up the mess you helped create. Thanks a lot for nothing!

BTW, there is a parallel debate taking place in the comments section for this mod at http://www.pcgamemods.com/3418/

Love it or hate it, express you opinions there too! I did!

Originally posted by Kurgan

And if somebody "lames" you, who cares? They got what.. 1 point over you? You can easily get them back, unless you persist in standing around with your saber off chatting (and if you're going to do that, why do you care if you lose score-wise)?

If a server has rules to protect those who want to chat or wander around or do whatever then they are expecting not to be attacked. If the server has these rules then all people are expected to follow them. The server host is paying for their server, so they should get to run it as they want. If you are in one part of the map with a group of people or simply running to the area of the map where there is a large FFA going on you want to be able to do that without being interfered with. If you are not ready (or not going to) fight, then you don't have to. These rules protect people so they can play at their own pace. It really, IMO, has nothing to do with Star Wars, RPs, Jedi, Honor, etc. Simply involves following two or three simple rules.

THESE folks are lagging the game and wasting everyone's time.

But what about when no one is fighting? Lag isn't quite a problem then.

Why? They are using up bandwidth just chatting (something they could easily do in spectator mode or elsewhere... they should go chat up their friends on IRC instead or exchange emails and go there to talk about whatever). Also they're using up a client slot that somebody who wants to actually play might want to have but can't.

Chatting in a 3D Star Wars land is more interesting than a square box on your internet browser. And you can't do much RPing, private chatting, dueling, or FFAing in spectator mode...

Think of it this way, if a server is "full" with 8 people but only 2 of them are actually playing and the rest are just standing around chatting, isn't that a waste and unfair to the people who want to play trying to connect?

If everyone is just standing around chatting, etc. then those people who are trying to connect are picking the wrong server to try to connect to. So it's better that they be kept out! One less person to spam rule binds to!

But what about when no one is fighting? Lag isn't quite a problem then.

Yeah it is, they are still using up bandwidth... just being on a server causes lag... everytime a player joins the server slows down, and your ping goes up (maybe not a lot) but still.

hmmm.... ive got a mod idea... if someone cares to do it. If not, then perhaps ill do it myself. Allow people to fight (whatever, etc...) but not allow any points unless there fighting in a duel. Sound good?

Theres no way any group (Normal FFAers, Honor Jedi, RPGers... etc..) will just "give up" there way of playing. Its obvious the admin mods are the only way to preserve the RPG/Honor "style" so.. why not try and come to a solution that will be advantageous to both sides? Thats why I suggested what i said above. Chances are, what i suggested wont solve the problem... the honor jedi will not be happy because they are "dead" (even though they respawn) the normal players wont be happy because when they kill someone the kill isnt counted. :( There must be a way to please both.

You cant stop people from making these mods either. Why not beat them? You can make a mod that attracts players from both styles of play, that will make the admin mods obselete. Well.. thinking about it more, why would a trigger happy admin want to give up the ability to empower him self and slap people around all day.

Lukeskywalker1, you just don't understand. People don't complain about laming because someone is scoring points off of you. People complain about laming because you are attacked when you are not fighting. Which means, chatting or saber off.

Making people invinsible when they are saber off or chatting would solve the laming issue, BUT WOULD CREATE EVEN WORSE PROBLEMS! Since it'd be easy to simply attack someone and then immediatly turn the saber off, which would be annoying and frustrating for those who want to have a real fight.

Even if you get "lamed" you can still press the talk key and type out what you were going to say right?

And if you are "standing around watching duels" can't you do the same from spec mode?

I swear to god I think you brats just HAVE to have some thing to piss and moan and whine about every living moment of your lives or else you won't able to function.

“OMG I must control these lamers, they attacked me in a video game when my saber was down!!!!!!!! We must have order!!!!!!!!”

Will you people just shut the hell up with this garbage, you sound like a pack of whiny kids playing “hall monitor” crying “TEACHER HE’S RUNNING IN THE HALLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Please for the love of god; chill with this cry baby crap and just let it die once and for all so the rest of us can play this game we bought and not have to listen to your whiny brat bull****.

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

Even if you get "lamed" you can still press the talk key and type out what you were going to say right?

Not if you're private chatting...

And if you are "standing around watching duels" can't you do the same from spec mode?

I never "watch duels".

I swear to god I think you brats just HAVE to have some thing to piss and moan and whine about every living moment of your lives or else you won't able to function.

People only piss and moan and whine when provoked.

Will you people just shut the hell up with this garbage, you sound like a pack of buck toothed jackass kids playing “hall monitor” crying “TEACHER HE’S RUNNING IN THE HALLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!”

People wouldn't be playing "hall monitor" if people could just follow their rules in the first place.

play this game we bought

Well here's the thing: Joining a multiplayer server is a priviledge, not a right. Server hosts create a server so they can play THEIR way, not YOUR way.

Take a look at my sig.

See those three dedicated servers?

Myself and two members of our clan pay for those out of pocket, and have done so through various games for many years, so you can spare me the lecture about running servers.

How much money a month do you spend on hosting for game servers?

How much money have you ever spent on it?

I'm willing to bet 0 is the answer.

My point?

Don't lecture people about running servers until you actually have a serious investment in one.

That right there ^ is one of the main reason why these admin mods are so harmful.

They basically give control of a server (through the sub admin functions) to people who:

1- Are too stupid to understand basic rcon commands.

2- Have no serious investment in the server so they do whatever they wish to it and care nothing of the damage they cause.

Through all the various games I play, ranging from Wolfenstein to Jedi to Quake 3, I find that almost overwhelmingly 100% of the time, the admins who power trip and play "little Hitler" are not the people who fork over cash every month for a server.

It's almost always some 12 year old kid who has self esteem issues and wants to play God in a virtual world.

Now add in stupid ego stroking crap like “sleep punishment” and you can see how this just turns into one big pile of manure real fast when you have some whiny brat at the wheel.

*note

I'm not talking about you TK if you are getting that impression, just ranting on these people in general.

ja reloaded that u prone has a lot of abusive tools as my mod

and my mod is not an admin mod it contains a lots of cool stuff read the readme carfyfully

the admin mod is here only to keep a good gameplay face to lamers kids....

but it is for reponsible admin and not imature admin....

it is to the responsability of server owners to not put imature admin.....

if a server is abusing with those admin functions go to play eslewhere

and if a server without admin mod is full of kids imature lamers, go also to play else where

ja realoded mod is plenty of "abusive cmds" if you want a desmonstartion, give the server you want and i show u

but ils is too easay......

bive only a server without admin mod , and i show u only with rcon cmd how i can abuse....

the tools are not bad but it is their use that are bad

if i supresse all cmds and rcon, the minority of imaturel lamers wil not be able to abuse but the majority of normal admins will not fight against lamers......

the knife is a useful toll but we can kill with a knife...

if i supresse the knife, the minority of spychopat will not be abale to kill, but a majority of people will not be abale to eat

if i supresse rcon, the imature admin wil not be able to abuse, but the majority opf good admin will not be able to administrate corectly their servers....

A lot of people love my mod, soe other don't....

if you don't love,without even having try it, go to dl another mod like the one u prone (ja reloaded) but you will ssee that there is the same problem if the server owner chosse imature admin....

ja reloaded that u prone has a lot of abusive tools as my mod

and my mod is not an admin mod it contains a lots of cool stuff read the readme carfyfully

the admin mod is here only to keep a good gameplay face to lamers kids....

but it is for reponsible admin and not imature admin....

it is to the responsability of server owners to not put imature admin.....

if a server is abusing with those admin functions go to play eslewhere

and if a server without admin mod is full of kids imature lamers, go also to play else where

ja realoded mod is plenty of "abusive cmds" if you want a desmonstartion, give the server you want and i show u

but ils is too easay......

bive only a server without admin mod , and i show u only with rcon cmd how i can abuse....

the tools are not bad but it is their use that are bad

if i supresse all cmds and rcon, the minority of imaturel lamers wil not be able to abuse but the majority of normal admins will not fight against lamers......

the knife is a useful toll but we can kill with a knife...

if i supresse the knife, the minority of spychopat will not be abale to kill, but a majority of people will not be abale to eat

if i supresse rcon, the imature admin wil not be able to abuse, but the majority opf good admin will not be able to administrate corectly their servers....

A lot of people love my mod, soe other don't....

if you don't love,without even having try it, go to dl another mod like the one u prone (ja reloaded) but you will ssee that there is the same problem if the server owner chosse imature admin....

Why not take the admin mods to the next level? Anyone ever see the SomethingAwful video "Derek Smart's Desktop Commander"? I envision a bold new future in which Jedi Academy not only gives chatting 7 year olds the protection they need from lamers, but automatically closes the game and opens mirc. One day, friends, one day..........

slider, you know who the REAL LAMERS are?

They're NOT the people who play the game, using the weapons and force powers to get kills. Rather they are the people who whine endlessly when they get chat killed or die with their saber down, or who try to vote kick people, call them names and Admins who use commands like "slap" and "slay" on helpless people in their games.

Those are the "lamers" that ruin the game, not people who try to get points by fighting. They are just playing the game as it was designed to be played. The real "lamers" are the ones trying to slap people around or vote kick those they don't like while they whine.

Okay, now on to the items you mentioned....

JA Reloaded removed commands like slap, punish, slay, bunny, etc.

It still has sleep, but hey, it's got a lot less than your mod slider.

Nobody is saying you cant' release mods. What we're saying (as server admins and gamers who care about the community) is that some of the features of your mod CAUSE MORE HARM THAN GOOD.

Thus you have a responsibility to take stock of the situation, remove them and then the level of abuse will go down.

Everybody wins!

You say Rcon is abusive... well, the developers of the game put that in (the developers of Quake3). If that is already abusive, why do you ADD TO IT by putting in more abusive options?

That just makes it worse instead of better. That's what we're trying to tell you.

Keep working on your mod and improving it if you want to. But one thing that would really improve it is to remove the following commands if you have the equivalent:

slap

slay

bunny

sleep

teleport

punish

empower/terminator (or similar)

freeze/protect

mute

and while you're at it:

emotes that make you partially invulnerable

ChosenOne the JA Reloaded author insisted that "Sleep" was absolutely necessary. So he kept it. It can still be abused, but not as bad as the others. As a result his mod improved drastically and his reputation in the community also improved.

Perhaps he felt guilty about all the damage his Jedi Academy mod caused in JK2?

Anyway, please think about it. If you remove all the laming commands, don't worry, there will be people out there that can still abuse the ones in OmNi Mod and revolutions.

Hopefully though those authors will also realize the error of their ways and make their mods fun and useful instead of abusive.

PS: One thing I can't get over is how many people are spouting the silly argument that somehow kicking and banning are "admin abuse" and that it's better to mute/sleep/slap and slay people instead.

If people are going to treat me that rudely on their server, I'd rather be kickbanned and never have to suffer through their bullying again. Sheesh. ; p

NEWSFLASH TO THESE FOLKS: Raven & Id Software gave us Kick & Ban. That's all we need!

They didn't give us amslap or amslay or amempower or any of that other crap. You know why? Because it promotes bullying and abuse and it's silly. It's like cheating. And notice how the emotes that Raven gave us leave you vulnerable. Whoever had the bright idea that emotes should make you invincible should be Force Gripped off a cliff whilst being shot by multiple Concussion Rifles!

You really will be surprised by Xmod2 I think. It has "anti laming" features that are much better than the tired, worn out, ineffective and abuse prone amlame commands.

And why do you say that only "lamers" are against admin mods?

Amidala and I are both server admins who care about real gameplay!

And Amidala, I agree completely.

On the subject of IP bans:

slider, you realize you can ban a person's entire IP range right? They'd have to be logging into multiple proxies or switch ISP's to get through that. The vast majority of so-called "lamers" don't even know how to do that.

And you can just keep banning IP ranges until he gives up. It works!

And slider, you claim JA+ is NOT an Admin Mod? What a joke!

By that logic, Xmod2 and JA Reloaded aren't admin mods either, just because they have a few bonus features in addition to the usual admin stuff.

Archived