Home

JA+ Mod 1.4 (admin mod)

slider

This post is in response about allowing the use of abusive admin commands on certain servers. This topic came up with the DCMod coder & so I'm going to tell everyone here the same thing that I told them.

Obviously the abusive version of the mod should not be public & precautions should be taken in case it does leak out publically...

The only way to realistically make that work is if you give each copy that was distributed its own number & secondary rcon password that is unchangeable (each one being a different password of course). The purpose of the number is if a copy of the mod is released against the guilds wishes, you know where it got released from (or who actually). The purpose of the secondary rcon password that is unchangeable is you can publically post that password for those copies that have been distributed against the guilds will & whomever is running it will more than likely ditch the mod when the guild members constantly shut that persons server down.

All in all, it's all too much work for something that's not even necessarry in the first place. Bottom line here is, these commands destroy the community & provide absolutely nothing legitimately useful in return for it. I fail to see the point.

There is absolutely nothing useful in any way shape or form about these abusive commands, aside from perhaps allowing jerk admins get juvenile jollies like a little kid on a playground being a bully. These commands are not necessarry & furthermore, they *can not* bring any good to the community, only bad. Seems like a lot of work for nothing to me.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

Take your drama and go find someone who gives two ****s and a ****.

Want to know why I am posting right now? Want to know why my crosshairs are right on your pathetic melon? Simple.

You're a retarded drama queen.

Oh nos! People are insulting me! My honerz iz at steak!!111 Oh please, get over yourself. You try and talk ****, and when you get called on it, you cry worse then the honor fanbois.

That's right. You're no longer an honor fanboi. Your level of impotence and lack of spine, as well as a dense forehead and utter cluelessness, has transcended you above and beyond them.

So while you're sitting there gnashing your teeth and crying your eyes out because you can't even begin to comprehend complexities beyond your puny imagination, I'll sit back, have my tea, and discuss with people who actually can see both sides of the fence, such as Kurgan, Razorace, etc.

What's the catch in all this? You're a retarded, two-bit, half faced twit who deserves to be knocked down a peg for being mentally incapable.

I've seen worse in my time, guaranteed, but at least they know when to shut up, fall over, and and die.

You want to play the little "i'm innocent, you're not" game? Two to tango, asshat. Remember that.

So stop derailing these threads with your inane crap, because I'm tired of it, and I damn well am not the only one.

Hmm... STFU

[ Edit: I'll let this one go simply because you posted this BEFORE you read my warning. But don't let it happen again. ]

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

Only administrators have access to client numbers.

the only difference between /rcon status and /serverstatus is the rcon one gives you ip, port, and a few other things. would be stupid if it assigned differen't #'s to each person and had to keep track of them, wouldn't it?

/serverstatus does indeed give different client numbers from the /rcon status. The /tell command uses the client numbers from /serverstatus, and /rcon clientkick uses the numbers from /rcon status.

And you guys, please stop flamming... are we trying to set a record for most threads closed for flamming in the Jedi Academy forum?

No need to get personal, my friends.

And you guys, please stop flamming... are we trying to set a record for most threads closed for flamming in the Jedi Academy forum?

I'd love to TK, but you should know me enough by now that I don't tolerate stupid comments in the slightest degree.

I'm not afraid to bash myself on said comments when it does happen.

Anyways... Lets set this badboy back prior to derail status.

While I'm glad you found the /tell command, I remember there being some sort of a /reply command that did not require the crosshair to be on the target... It only worked when someone mm3'd you. That's why I refer to it as mm4. It was bound to I by default, I believe.

Hex is releasing Xmod 2.2.0 next week. Check it out and see the solution to the "h0n0rz/amlame" debate!

slider... take notes!

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119897

Few misc things:

slider, saying "remove them yourself" is pointless, because that would require your source code to be public, in which case it's meaningless again because the original version of the mod has the abusive commands and anybody who downloads it has the potential to become an abuser OF those commands.

Really, check out Xmod2 next week and you'll see how good the new system they use is. Trust me, if you can find a way to abuse it, Hex will fix it so you can't. It is very good so far, and I can't see it being abused, not like the amslap commands.

Side:

we need a forum that could have JediKnight forum flame war =) that would pwn

We tried that once a few years back, it didn't work. It ended up being shut down because people just kept on posting graphicly obscene crap over and over and never stopped, just getting angrier and angrier. It didn't solve anything.

If you want to setup your own forum someplace else for that sort of thing, be my guest, but don't say I didn't warn you!

ok i follow the debate but not during 2 weeks cause of hollidays......

hex has cool idea i think....

yesterday i had a conversation with Marker0077......

we aborded several solution, some are for me good and some not.....

but for the moment, the acceptable solution for me are hard to realize (too much time to spend)

but i still continue to find a solution without altering the personal liberty

in the next version of my mod, i had planned to make other features of the gameplay.....

but in parallel, i am thinking about a system which could permit to disallow admin cmd of servers that abuse......

i am still trying to fond a goood solution without removing the cmd i love and the peronal liberty...

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

/serverstatus does indeed give different client numbers from the /rcon status. The /tell command uses the client numbers from /serverstatus, and /rcon clientkick uses the numbers from /rcon status.

he's right about the #'s.

serverstatus gives bogus #'s.

However, you *can still float around in spec mode (free float) and put a cross hair on a person and pm them if you bound it to a key.

and side, change your avatar, it's too rpg-ish.

you should post one of your side picture stories as well.

;)

Originally posted by slider

i totally agree with you

but i am enough open minded to understand the point of wiew of non "honorz" players.....

So remove the commands then.

a lot of people love demanded me to add all the admins functions because they are more in a "honorz" way of life.....

They don't know that all that's unnecessary. Such as someone asking for the ability to freeze anyone who attacks someone else

saber down.

But it is easy for me to make later a version in parrallele with admin light cmd only for player who can't stand the word "admin"

But that doesn't mean that abusive admins won't download the one packed with so much unnecessary stuff.

i understand both point of view....

So remove the commands, as Warn, Kick, Ban is enough.

but all people that despite my work on this forum seems to not understand that there is not only their point of view ......

We understand that there are other points of views, that's why we're debating on this.

this forum and the admins of this forum are not enough open minded and can't stand the opinion that differs from theirs

We just don't agree.

you can also disable all admin cmds with my mods :)

But that doesn't mean that the server owner will disallow it.

and if your server is withour rules =+> so it becomes also THE RULES...

the rules is no rules and everybody coming in your server know it

That's not what we're talking about. Besides, not everyone owns a server..

so there is not pb i understand that u disallow all admin cmds in order to prevent kids using them because there is no rule and so no good admin behaviour imposed to all admins....

my solution is to provide a rcon system to disallow the admin cmd u want....

so that each server owner can do what he wants :

and this possibility to disallow each cmds is already coded

but in parallel, i am thinking about a system which could permit to disallow admin cmd of servers that abuse......

i am still trying to fond a goood solution without removing the cmd i love and the peronal liberty...

Just remove the commands, they are not necessary.

Originally posted by Kurgan

check out Xmod2 next week

I will. I have been playing on the Chop Shop servers a lot lately (which use XMod2) and I love it. Funny thing is, I didn't think I would, since it has re-introduced flipkicks and things of that sort. I'm not really a competative player, but XMod has been a lot of fun. I don't know all the settings on the Chop Shop servers, but I find them ideal. With the upped saber damage and JA knockdown moves, flip kicks have become just another weapon in the arsenal.

Funny how opinions change :)

Originally posted by Prime

I will. I have been playing on the Chop Shop servers a lot lately (which use XMod2) and I love it. Funny thing is, I didn't think I would, since it has re-introduced flipkicks and things of that sort. I'm not really a competative player, but XMod has been a lot of fun. I don't know all the settings on the Chop Shop servers, but I find them ideal. With the upped saber damage and JA knockdown moves, flip kicks have become just another weapon in the arsenal.

Funny how opinions change :)

Well, as Rumor has said a few weeks ago... kick has made many saber moves useful, even without upped saber damage. It's more of a tool now like it was in JK2 before 1.04, how it should be. It's not used mainly for damage, but for knockdowns and then finishing them off with a saber attack, or kicking off of ledges. Even in the FF Duel gamemode sabers are a lot more useful.

LIES!!! LIES I TELL YOU!!!

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.

There are two sorts of hypocrites; ones that are deceived with their outward morality and external religion; and the other are those that are deceived with false discoveries and elevation; and men's own rigtheousness, and talk much of free grace; but at the same time make rigtheousness of their discoveries, and of their humiliation, and exalt themselves to heaven with them.

Archived