Home

JA+ Mod 1.4 (admin mod)

slider

... Ok. Thank you, Jesus :p

Americans like to mention hypocrites, but I'm not one ;)

I wanted to say something about JA+ Mod... Can't you add an admin command that can keep an admin/person from using a certain admin power?

Example: /amlockslap <client number>

Or /amlockslay <client number>

This would perhaps stop the admins from using the abusive commands..... As for the moment, I can't come up with better stuff.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Master William

I wanted to say something about JA+ Mod... Can't you add an admin command that can keep an admin/person from using a certain admin power?

Example: /amlockslap <client number>

Or /amlockslay <client number>

This would perhaps stop the admins from using the abusive commands..... As for the moment, I can't come up with better stuff.

All of these admin mods allow you to selectively enable\disable commands for subadmins or all admins. My JK2 FFA-CTF server has Jedi Academy Mod 1.4, but I disabled slap, punish, empower, terminator, teleport, etc. from day one so no one could use them, not even the lone rcon admin (me).

This is slider's perseverating response:

(per·sev·er·a·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-sv-rshn)

n.

Psychology.

Uncontrollable repetition of a particular response, such as a word, phrase, or gesture, despite the absence or cessation of a stimulus, usually caused by brain injury or other organic disorder.

The tendency to continue or repeat an act or activity after the cessation of the original stimulus.

The act or an instance of persevering; perseverance.)

he keeps saying that each server operator should disable the abusive commands, and they should choose only wise and mature subadmins (at least I think that's what he keeps saying, it's a little hard to read what he writes).

The problem is people who use these mods don't\don't know how\don't want to disable those commands, and they don't often choose "wise and mature" subadmins, which inevitably results in player abuse\players being driven out of the game\empty servers. That's why those abusive commands shouldn't be made available in the first place. We've tried to explain this to him multiple times, but he keeps perseverating:

1. disable abusive commands yourself

2. you can abuse with rcon just as much

3. choose only good admins

4. if you don't like a server, go somewhere else

We point out the flaws in his arguments and point out that removing the abuse commands solves the problem simply and effectively, but he just doesn't seem to get it.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

We point out the flaws in his arguments and point out that removing the abuse commands solves the problem simply and effectively, but he just doesn't seem to get it.

I don't know why he doesn't get it, but I noticed a little snippet...

Originally posted by slider

i am still trying to fond a goood solution without removing the cmd i love and the peronal liberty...

He says that he loves those commands... Though it's been shown that the commands should be removed for the better.

I will answer those four points (yet disproven) slider presents over and over again in one easy to keep and walk around with cheat sheet.

:deathii: Disable abusive commands yourself.

:deathstarThat does not mean that every server owner will disable them.

:deathii: You can abuse with rcon just as much.

:deathstar They abuse for fun, kicking people is less fun for them rather than humiliating or "p\/\//\/een 14/\/\4rz!!!"

:deathii: Choose only good admins.

:deathstar But the server owners often don't choose good admins.

:deathii: If you don't like a server, go somewhere else.

:deathstar To run into another server with the same problem.

(Er... :deathii:: slider's points... :deathstar:Counterexample.)

Originally posted by g//plaZma

Well, as Rumor has said a few weeks ago... kick has made many saber moves useful, even without upped saber damage.

And not only for offense. From the little I have played, I seem to be able to defend against a kicker by timing a red kata (I only use single saber) just as the kicker gets to you.

It's more of a tool now like it was in JK2 before 1.04, how it should be. It's not used mainly for damage, but for knockdowns

and then finishing them off with a saber attack

Definitely. It is not spammed (on average) and it is nice to have so many more knockdowns. Base JA has lots of nice recovery moves, but you never have a chance to use them. Flipkicks give many more opportunities for these.

or kicking off of ledges.

Ah, good times :)

Originally posted by Prime

Definitely. It is not spammed (on average) and it is nice to have so many more knockdowns. Base JA has lots of nice recovery moves, but you never have a chance to use them. Flipkicks give many more opportunities for these.

nah the getups suck. 1 you cant push when ur down 2 u can't pull when ur down 3 they are VERY slow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you were "down" (on the ground) in JK2 1.04 couldn't you use Force Push?

If that's not in JA, perhaps it should be added as another feature in these mods... especially with people being knocked down a lot more often by flip kicks.

jk2 you could push and pull from a knockdown and you could jump up fast and sometimes over their head.

when you were down you can still be kicked by the better players so you gotta time your push or pull just right with your getup. i know if pyro got you down you were dead unless you did your push or pull just right. otherwise he would just pk you over and over while you were down.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you were "down" (on the ground) in JK2 1.04 couldn't you use Force Push?

If that's not in JA, perhaps it should be added as another feature in these mods... especially with people being knocked down a lot more often by flip kicks.

I think that is on his to-do list.

There are really a lot of what I would call "in practice-tactical issues" with game play right now.

One member of our clan runs a duel server (see sig) and they had to disable saber throw because of the combined inability to immediately repel an attack with force push (after being grounded) and the random damage problem with saber throw (in relation to the hit box system/ghoul2).

Basically matches went like this when saber throw was enabled:

First person to score a kick knock down threw his saber at the guy on the floor and it would do up to 100 damage on impact.

Needless to say you can see how that could be an issue.

• 3 years later...

hi sorry for asking but are there other sources to download the JA+ Mod 1.3 ???

because i cant go to this site "http://www.pcgamemods.com/3375/"

please say me a other site or adresse of send me your mod because in your mod there is something like tele and i searched very long for a mod with tele rights.

so pls say me an other solution to get this file.

other question . in this files are pk3's ?

thank you

sorry i have a adminmod now thx

but sorry for asking but how can i install this.

normaly i unzip this file and do it in the base folder and in the gamedata folder and then i start the game and load the mod . but there is no mod i cant load it and with console it dont fit. can somebody explain me how to install pls?

ok i have unzipped it in gamedata and i can load it yeeeeeeeee!!!!!

i was happy but then i saw that i cant create a server with this mod after i unzipped it in gamdata there is an error when i start the server (DEFAULT_MODEL (kyle) failed to register)

what means this and what can i do ??????

i can create an LAN server but i cant join because of the mod .

what can i do ???

Archived