Home

JA+ Mod 1.4 (admin mod)

slider

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is Your pont of view

but a lot of people told me to add those admins functions....

and mainly other stuffs

when i read your speeach, it seems that you never read the readme carfully.......

i made the kinght password totally configrable in order to be able to define the allowed admin cmds....

i made that so that server owners give if they are afraid of immature admin, only the knight pass with few cmds like for exemple only sleep.....

now if a server owner is very good and choose very well its admins, he will give more right to only people who are matures....

Now here is what i say to all servers owners :

read this:

IMPORTANT FOR SEVER OWNER : in order to prenvent bad imature admins to waste the gameplay you must choose the future with a lot of care........

if you don't know the maturity of an admin, give only the Knight password and define the knight allowed cmds only with cmds that will not give him the ooportunity to cheat or to lame....

it is to your responsability to do that

my mod is very usefull to fight with efficiency against imatures lamers......

but server owners MUST GIVE THOSE RIGHT ONLY TO GOOD AND MATURE PERSONS...

accordinf to me to fight against lamer you can do this :

*** kick / ban is not good because most IP are dynamics, and iamtures will always come back

*** when a player begin to waste the gameplay of other with lame, don't USE IMEDIATELY the admin cmd *** begin with speaking to him to make him unstand to stop

** if he continue, by laming or saing bad words, simply punish him a few minutes and push him at the top of the map

*** then ignore him ==> it is the best punishment

** then normally after thos minutes unpunish him and speak with him in order to show him that you only want that everybody can play in a good gameplay

it is what i says to everybody that own a server......

And i meet no probleme of admin abuse on all the server that apply this policy....

i don't where you play, but me on the servers where i play there is no abuse......

what i just said is very general mau be applied on every server whatever the installed mod....because all mods contains admin mod.....

it is a need

i wouldn't include it if nobody told me to do it

know my mod can't satisfy evrybody....

but i am enough open minded to understant your problem

i just want to satisfy everybody.....

So perhaps i will decide to make later a version admin light for all the people who think like you....

it will be the same as the other but will very few admin cmd (only the needed).....

so you and the other who think like you, will choose only the servers who as this version.....

thos who don't think like you will be able to choose to play on the other full admin cmd version...

Unnamed, you're right, sadly, tons of people don't understand the following:

\rconpassword WHATEVERMYPASSWORDIS

\rcon status

\rcon addip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

\rcon clientkick #

Instead they need their baby "banning guns" and other crud, and it's rather pathetic. Oh well...

Thanks to admin mods like this any 12 year old can torment human players in his play pen server instead of the small animals he might otherwise be torturing (small blessings?). ; p

And was pointed out in the comments section of PCgamemods by Amidala (numerous times, bless her) is that the vast majority of people here would much rather be kickbanned than beat up on with amlame commands.

Face it, slider even admitted in the thread, the point of amlameing is this:

He's saying there's NO WAY to ban somebody, they will just come back forever and "waste the gameplay."

So what you have to do is GET REVENGE ON THEM by slapping and sleeping and slaying them with your empowered character until they get so upset they leave.

The trouble is, all these commands don't care if you're using them on "lamers" or just on anybody you don't like or want to make angry. The admin mod also doesn't care if you're a "Good admin" or a "Bad Admin."

Then he posts how it's the admin's responsibility not to make use of the features he hands them and washes his hands of the affair and walks away. *Sigh*

Sorry for all the anger, but it really has gotten to the point where I'm just sick and tired of all the excuses for giving the tools of abuse and handing them out to thousands of players then saying "well it's not my problem." IT IS! Take some responsibility!

If a person is in the game, they are "lagging it" because data has to be fend to everyone else about their position, actions, chat text they are sending, etc.

Try it some time, start up a game and have everybody just stand around with their sabers off chatting. Do they all have 0 ping? No?

Gee... imagine that. ; )

And the fact is the game still has to render all those models, so if they are spectator mode it uses less system resources than if they are all just standing around talking.

Whether the rules are there or not, the fact is, using the game as a chat room is a MISuse (some would say abuse) of the game, and of the server.

If the server admin wants to throw money away on a chatroom (a real chatroom would use less bandwidth and be less costly) that's his right, but I'm just saying. A lot of people try to turn every pub they find into the same honor/RPG/chatroom and that is just plain rude.

Even if they stand there and do nothing, they are taking up space, and they're taking up a slot that somebody who actually wants to play might want.

It's like going to the supermarket and throwing a bunch of your garbage on a parking space so nobody can park there.

Or parking in the handicapped space when you're not handicapped. ; )

You may think it's funny, but it's wasting a resource that somebody else has a right to more than you.

It's called common courtesy.

And as far Role Playing, you should know that the majority of Role Players don't even use graphics!

Did you know that thousands of people still play MUDs (Multi User Dungeons) that have been around for decades?

It's completely text based role playing with AI and humans, online and most of it is free!

Then there's the classic pencil & paper rpg's. You don't even have game pieces (at most just a crude board to keep track of positions, if that), and yet somehow people have tons of fun and develop complex characters in their world, interact with other humans, have battles, have fun (gasp!) etc.

It's this spoiled generation that thinks that to have an RPG you have to be playing a graphical video game.

Pencil & Paper RPG's are limited only by your imagination. In JA, no matter what you do, you're always going to end up looking like Kyle/Luke/whomever meditating & bowing in a Deathmatch level while chat bubbles appear over his head.

And LARPing (Live Action Role Playing) is just one type of role playing anyway, in a sea of games.

slider, you're right, since we're basically having the same debate in both threads, I should probably just merge them.---->

i had a server during 1 year for JK2 and i applyied the policy i just said

and there never was admin abuse......

now i know that on other server, there was only lamers that had afford a server......

BUT THEY ARE LAMER

and so beeing admins with theirs servers, it was unplayable....

==> so the solution is very simple*==> i never return on thos servers

and later, 2 , or 3 months later, nobody was coming to play on this servers

and the servers died....

when lamer become admin, it never last a long time.....

i know very few servers like that because they die quicqly....

But i understand very well your point of wiew and so in order to statisfy everybody, i will made later 2 version :

- one full cmds

- and another with very few...

the people who think like u will be able to go only the server that runs the light admin cmd version.....

now for all the good server owners if you apply mu policy with the full admin mcd version, you will not habe abuse admins....

and i thought iron didnt know how to type

anyway...

i wanted to share my opinion about this but i forgot....

something like...

Honorz server already took over competitive(w/e) gameplay,it already or close to die just like 1.4

il just play on xmod server even if there so few of them

And slider,no matter what you say,people will abuse them for the simple fact that their addicted to the ''honorz system''

wich is ''dont attack people with saber down''

god 1.2,1.3 was such a blast it a shame it went down to this

You guys could quarrel for hours, it won't make a difference in the opinion of both sides

situation scetch: :fire3::fire2:

The deal is this Slider, the people here on this forum/thread don't want it and are against it, they are pure ffa arena fighters. Your mod is for servers with honor and chatting+fighting (ideal for most see-el-ay-n-s ), suggest your mod to those people, you can't change the mind of the pure fighting ppl over here

Originally posted by slider

i had a server during 1 year for JK2 and i applyied the policy i just said

and there never was admin abuse......

now i know that on other server, there was only lamers that had afford a server......

BUT THEY ARE LAMER

and so beeing admins with theirs servers, it was unplayable....

==> so the solution is very simple*==> i never return on thos servers

and later, 2 , or 3 months later, nobody was coming to play on this servers

and the servers died....

when lamer become admin, it never last a long time.....

i know very few servers like that because they die quicqly....

Hmmm, so servers full of "lamers" and run by a "lamer" are unpopular and "die quickly", so you say. Now, I'm not doing this to brag, just to provide evidence that you are incorrect

151203-Copy of ChopShopIsTop50.jpg

My server was started nine months ago and still fills up (>20 players too) everyday. For the last 4 months or so, it is the #1 busiest JK2 server in the world several times a day, every day. And guess what, it's run by a "lamer" and is full of "lamers" (I have an all kills are legal, don't whine when you die policy). "Lamers" as you call them are not scum or criminals, they are just fellow human beings, kids mostly, who just want to play the game they bought the way it was designed and meant to be played, free of silly, made-up, unofficial "honor codes" and "rules" about the "right way" and "right time" to "kill" another player. Thanks to admin mods with abuse-prone commands like yours, there are damn few places they can do that without being slapped, punished, slayed, etc., so they flock to my servers (yes, it is running Jedi Academy Mod 1.4, but I disabled all those abuse-prone commands. They are humiliating and unnecesssary).

Originally posted by slider

But i understand very well your point of wiew and so in order to statisfy everybody, i will made later 2 version :

- one full cmds

- and another with very few...

the people who think like u will be able to go only the server that runs the light admin cmd version.....

now for all the good server owners if you apply mu policy with the full admin mcd version, you will not habe abuse admins....

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Now we're getting somewhere!

i totally agree with you

but i am enough open minded to understand the point of wiew of non "honorz" players.....

a lot of people love demanded me to add all the admins functions because they are more in a "honorz" way of life.....

But it is easy for me to make later a version in parrallele with admin light cmd only for player who can't stand the word "admin"

i understand both point of view....

but all people that despite my work on this forum seems to not understand that there is not only their point of view ......

this forum and the admins of this forum are not enough open minded and can't stand the opinion that differs from theirs

Doing a mod is enuff hard as it is,

Slider,we respect ur opinion,but we dont agree it

dont take it badly,You should try a few server with admin mod,and try to play,at the instant your going to chip off 1 shield of an admin or someone with saber down ur gonna get slapped/freeze and anything your putting in ur mod

and that stupid saber down rule is on 80% of server ,10% server are filled with bot(go figure) and the rest are those server like CHOP CHOP,=x= server,ms3 server,etc...etc

were just shooting suggestion,but you should take those suggestion seriously

you can also disable all admin cmds with my mods :)

and if your server is withour rules =+> so it becomes also THE RULES...

the rules is no rules and everybody coming in your server know it

so there is not pb i understand that u disallow all admin cmds in order to prevent kids using them because there is no rule and so no good admin behaviour imposed to all admins....

...here's my suggestion to potentially solve this situation.

Facing the fact that these mods will not go away, how about we agree on something which is a bit more of a compromise...

If your mod has the kind of commands which have been described in this thread as potentially abusive, could you please NOT make your mod server-side only!

Make at least a small change client-side. Anything. Just do something so that a client-side download is required. The cgame.dll isn't big - less than a MB. It won't take any time at all to download.

While I am personally against 'abusive-prone' admin mods like the one mentioned in this thread, I also think that there are a significant part of the community who do want this kind of mod, and will keep asking someone to make them until they get what they want.

...of course what they don't realise or don't accept is that this kind of mod will not just do what they want, but will also negatively impact on other's enjoyment of the game.

So, I don't think your going to convince some mod authors to take the abusive commands out. For every person complaining about them, there will be another person crying out for them.

...at least forcing a client-side download will - imo - create a proper, solid BORDER between 'out-of-the-box' gameplay, and 'honour' gameplay. I think both groups have the right to exist (I'm a proper FFA'er, but I think if you honour guys want all the rules crap - go right ahead.)

...it's when these two groups clash that problems are caused. If a client-side download was required, these two groups could not clash easiely...

...that's my 2 cents anyway. Unfortunately, abusive admin commands are 'compatively' easy to code in - so your gonna find someody who's gonna end up doing it... *sigh*

well too late , admin abuse started again

http://div3rseteam.fragism.com/shot0000.jpg

http://div3rseteam.fragism.com/shot0001.jpg

i was there having some kick fight with...newbie player and they didnt mind about me killing evry1,hell i even started to teach them how to kick and few trick,and right after,the admin get in,use empower + protection bubble and start kicking(double tap jump) evry1 with terminator ****,

sorry people it already started =/

Honor seems to be less and less important with people these days. Sometimes people want to fight and chat and keep their points. By killing someone with chatbox up or saber down you are taking away their fun from the game to gain your own. You are being selfish and rude. Do these things mean anything to you. You are taking the fun out of the game someone spent their money to get. It's no fun to get killed again and again by people when you have no defense. People have a right to chat, to talk, and to explore the server, they need not always fight. You must take a look from the other perspective. The honor code was erected so that all could enjoy the game, without it chaos erupts and the game dies quickly. Somepeople wish to enjoy the game for more than a month. Not everybody has the money to go buy a new game every week. Not to mention the moral issue. You see it as merely a game. What are games for if not to have fun. You are taking away their fun for your own enjoyment. It's basicly like cheating. They have no defense so you slaughter them. There is no challenge. There is a community at stake here and you risk it all for a few seconds of enjoyment.

Ideas-

Toggleable anti lamer protection

30 seconds after chatbox is put up or saber is put down the player enters invincibility mode, as soon as his/her saber or chatbox is down the inviciblity mode is disabled and they are in danger of attack, the 30 second timer prevents those who would use this while in a duel to prevent dying.

New Force ranks, abilities and levels

Dark side:

Force Collect- takes 30 force points and allows players to gain other users' force skills

Dark Mind trick- allows the user to controle someone for a limited time

Fury- allows for the special fury kata attack

Light Side:

Force Repell- all push, grip attacks are repelled back at the player who used them

Jedi Lightning- similar to dark side lightning except must more point costly and higher damage

Regeneration- a very costly( in allocatable force points) force power that regenerates health, force, and armor

Force Levels:

4: 30-40 points

5: 50-80 points

Force ranks(Best name for this I could think of, it's the thing in the server set up menu that determines how many points players have to use):

Sith Lord- 500 points

Sith Aprentice- 350 points

Jedi Council Member- 100 points

Vader- 550 points

Emporer- 600 points

Yoda- 700 points

New/Old Gametypes:

Specialties (what the heck it worked on star trek)

Holocron (randomly spreads holocrons around a map that players can pick up and use as force powers, without any holocrons the player can only use force jump level 1)

Jedi Master (one player has all force powers level 3 while the rest can only use guns and melee)

Jedi VS Merc (guns only with flamethrowers and grapping hooks vs saber only with force)

Chaos (all players get maximum level force powers and are seperated into two teams, light and dark)

RGB Sabers

Selectable Saber glow/core size default- normal

Emotes:

Kiss

Slap

cry (no tears just the motions and the sound)

dodge

dance

break dance

I am a modder so if you want help I could try and assist

Il be honest,if a server rule says no chat kill....that just fine for me,it not a scrim or anything,but the saber down rule **** is pathetic,

it unplayable no one can enjoy a game where they cant play,cuz the guy get constanly slapped/freezed or any /amlames command that exist

i wouldnt mind if there was...10%(?) of server using that saber down rule but right now it like 99.9% of ffa server using that stupid rule,it doesnt make any sense at all

Toggleable anti lamer protection

30 seconds after chatbox is put up or saber is put down the player enters invincibility mode, as soon as his/her saber or chatbox is down the inviciblity mode is disabled and they are in danger of attack, the 30 second timer prevents those who would use this while in a duel to prevent dying.

People will abuse that ability way too much.

Archived