Home

Words that can be written on a calculator. Need help!

Rapp Scallion

OK, I'm making this list of words that can be written on a calculator when you turn it upside-down (0=o, 1=i, 2=z, 3=e, 4=h, 5=s, 7=l, 8=b, 9=g. 0 can also be used as d, but it looks more like an o.)

I have gotten up with quite a list. The most in norwegian (I am from Norway), but some english too.

So now I'll ask you: Will you help me with finding more ENGLISH words that can be written on a calculator. I don't have my list here (I'm on the library. OH, I have it with me I remembered!)

The english words I have (and some other funny words and names):

Google, hi, hello, boobies, sos, heel, eel, goose, gee, lol, hell, (a german word: heil), is, loose, hole, solo, loss, log, globe, do, ooze, loo, slide, (german: liebe), boose, boss, bee, bees, Bob, big, beige (is this in english?), del (ctrl+alt), Lee, bible, dig, egg, dog, Dill (The Osbournes guy, isn't it?), lego, diesel, oil, God, goo, goodie, boogie, hood, hose, shell, loss, lose, hog, eagle, (german: gelb), geese, doll, gold, ***:(sob:(***, old, bold, obo, so, dodge, Bill, iglo.

That was actually a lot. Some of the words are about the same in norwegian, or is the same, so there's a few words that I added to the list over that is not on my written list here.

OK, post more! I'm gonna make an encyclopedia or whatitsname.

-Rapp Scallion

(Wrote much of this list at school for a couple of weeks ago when the class had a discussion and I didn't bother to join in.)

Joshi has a story to tell.

A Girl of the age of

has a breast size of

but wanted a breast size of

so she goes to the doctor and the doctor says

Take these pills

X

a day, but she took them

times a day and ended up =

Originally posted by Shivermetimbers

Lizzie, loogie, Liz, sell, Lisle,she, oboe,loll, gel, geeze, sheesh, beg, begs, big, biggie, sog, glob, gosh, shibbie, blog, bell, seize, lose, legs,

I'm sure i could come up with more but I haven't the ambition.

[elvisvoice]Thank you very much[\elvisvoice]

OK. Really good. Do anyone have more?

What is the fun in making words on a calculator that writes letters? We got only numeric calculators at school, so that's what I want words to. It's more fun to make words on a thing that cannot make words unless you turn it upside down.

-Rapp Scallion

Originally posted by Kjølen

fabadafeb. Or at least that's what I use to write on my calc, cause it wanst a graphing calc I can get only a,b,c,d,e and f by normal means. Dunno how to get the rest.

No, that's just a Scientific Calculator, a proper Graphical Calculator has all of the alphabet on it. Of course, with you's, you can write deadeadead for some stupid reason. The good thing about graphical calculators is that you can type somthing in, swith the calculator off, and then when you switch it back on, it'll still have wht you typed on it. Mine has Kill All Humans written o it so when someone turns it on, that comes up.

Originally posted by Kjølen

fabadafeb. Or at least that's what I use to write on my calc, cause it wanst a graphing calc I can get only a,b,c,d,e and f by normal means. Dunno how to get the rest.

hehe you are talking about a calculator that can work with hexadecimal numbers (0-f) only and not has the complete alphabet on they keyboard..

the calculators with the whole alphabet on it are programable or have at least 26 memory places which are accessable through the letters a-z ..

IO thought this thread was about plain, 4 function calculators. The ones with 10 number buttons, using which you can make only the letters o, i, z, e, h,s,g,l,B, and thats it. No d. so some of my words are wrong. but I think those were the letters we were talking about, other wise this whole thread is rather pointless. I'm wondering why people even brought up graphing and scientific calculators.

I'm wondering why people even brought up graphing and scientific calculators.

because some people only have scientific calculators.. :p

i think it's ok to have a sientific calculator as long as you know what's behind all the functions ;)

err and k-j .. you are not trying to type the letters from the "sin" or "XOR" keys?? i mean this calculator seems not to have the right display to display all the letters :xp:

Originally posted by RayJones

i think it's ok to have a sientific calculator as long as you know what's behind all the functions ;)

It bothers me when people get really nice (for example, TI-89) calculators when they can't even do everything on a simpler version. And then when they say that it is "impossible to do calculus without one". Interesting. Until about 10 years ago, no one had a graphing calculator, much less one as advanced as the ones they have now. People are getting lazier.

People are getting lazier.

I don't think so. I got a TI-83+ and we are allowed to use them in tests in school.The calculator is handy when checking results or messing around log or trig equations, but mostly math and physics calculations are still done by hand.

I love my TI-83+ exceedinly much. I think those, and TI-86's are fine. The ones that bother me are the TI-89s, used by people who know nothing about math.

These are the same people who, (on their brand new TI-89s that they only know a little bit about how to use) type in the equation 100=4x+4 or similar. That is laziness.

I think advanced calculators are great for people who know how to do everything they're doing on the calculator by hand and could if their calculator was taken away.

If you don't know how to do something lby hand first, you shouldn't be doing on a calculator. Thats when I think people are lazy and ought to be brained.

Archived