Home

xMod 2.2.0 - Updates

=X=Master HeX

=======

- Saber down honor code enforcement which includes:

--- Saber down = peace enforcement cvars

--- Saber down = no force usage cvars (attack or no force at all)

- Removed abusive admin commands requested (thanks everyone who voted)

- Tweaked x_cprotect to now truly protect the admin from players

- Added cvars to control duel starting and ending health/shields and saber ignition

- Ability to jump on a players head without slipping off

- Ability to unlock the yellow dfa forced turn

- Added a 3 mode mute public chat cvar system

- Freeze Tag mode now available to xmod servers

- New help system introduced for clients and admins (/help)

- Corrected some errors in message targets

- Changed /x commands to /gc to prevent confusion

- Authing can now be done via /x auth, /gc auth, or /auth

- Ability to enable the single player pullstab move

- Ability to enable Jedi Outcast style no force requirements for moves

- Ability to turn off coup de grace ground moves

- Cvar'd all force costs for moves (including flipkick)

- Repaired flipkick so it can be totally disabled

- Added a team chat location system to add location markers in maps

x Move emotes to the /emote command and document

x Fix up the in game /help system

x Add a few more rcon/subadmin commands

"-" = Finished

"x" = needs to be worked on

This is a version history of the newest xmod that will be out later in the week. If there are any last min suggestions regarding any of these features let me hear them now.

Nice updates...

How will we know which servers use the saber down=peace honor code thing, though? Sounds a little risky and probably will cause more conflict between players and honor people. Maybe you can make it say "Xmod 2.2.0 Honor" or something where it displays the mod the server is running on the server list?

Speed jump will be cvard in 2.3.. I'd like to get this release out asap.

The honor code enforcement basically works like this:

If a player stands still with their saber down for X (set by cvar) amount of seconds. This means no force usage, no emotes.. They can speak without resetting the time. Anything else will cause the time to reset.

Once the time has passed there are a few settings that depend on what happens. The strictest honor code enforcement would be you can not be harmed by attacks, this includes force and saber (guns still hurt). There is an option where if someone attacks you they will drop their saber for X (set by cvar) settings. I will document this all on the website on release day.

I see no problem with version v2.1.0 xmod except the above 2 items roll and saber throw damage. Killing the art of the game with honor and all that bull I dont really know?

The abuse commands are gay nice job on thouse. Except x freeze was kind of nice :)

The SP special moves no force cvar is nice. But does that mean saber throw also takes no force? I hope lunge DFA is one of those turned off :0)

Only two things I can see from stopping this mod from being the best and remaining the best in JA history is:

Saber Throw Damage Cvar

Roll Cvar

If those can be corrected by a god (you) or someone else who can help this would restore all old players from the JK2 community and keep all the new ones from JA.

Thanks for your time sir

:)

Originally posted by =X=Master HeX

Speed jump will be cvard in 2.3.. I'd like to get this release out asap.

The honor code enforcement basically works like this:

If a player stands still with their saber down for X (set by cvar) amount of seconds. This means no force usage, no emotes.. They can speak without resetting the time. Anything else will cause the time to reset.

Once the time has passed there are a few settings that depend on what happens. The strictest honor code enforcement would be you can not be harmed by attacks, this includes force and saber (guns still hurt). There is an option where if someone attacks you they will drop their saber for X (set by cvar) settings. I will document this all on the website on release day.

Hmm I still don't fully understand. This seems pretty complicated IMO. I e-mailed cHoSeN oNe with a new idea for his Jedi Academy Reloaded about a new honor enforcement setting.

Does the following seem like a good idea...?

Add a new weapon to multiplayer that "unarms" you of all your weapons (even takes the lightsaber handle out of your hand), and takes away your Force push, pull, grip, lightning, and drain. You will become a "ghost" to armed players, so the following happens:

-You cannot be harmed by Force powers, guns, explosives, or lightsaber attacks

-You cannot interfere with armed players, so you will simply travel through armed players as if you aren't even there

-Everyone will see a "peace" sign or some kind of "unarmed" symbol over their crosshair when they aim at you

-Unarmed players are NOT invincible to drowning, fall damage, burn damage, etc.

Also, when you are chatting, this will happen:

-You cannot be harmed by Force powers, guns, explosives, or lightsaber attacks

-You cannot interfere with active players, so active players will simply travel through you as if you aren't even there

Duel interference removed also:

-Duelers will travel through everyone on the map except their opponent in the duel

There is a disadvantage to this which could be highly exploited. There is nothing stopping someone from continually attacking someone and then right away unarming. This would be something new to be enforced by a server admin.

But with my idea up there, you would NEVER hear the word "lamer" or "chat killer" AGAIN.

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

There is a disadvantage to this which could be highly exploited. There is nothing stopping someone from continually attacking someone and then right away unarming. This would be something new to be enforced by a server admin.

There can be a timer, let's say 5 seconds or so from when you unarm yourself to when you become invulnerable to attacks. That'd make it harder to exploit and easier on admins.

TK, Hex's way seems pretty simple to me:

Turn off your saber and stand still for x seconds. You then become protected from saber and Force attacks (kind of like amprotect, but no admin is necessary) and can move around. Protection lasts as long as you take no aggressive action. You can stand and wait for a duel, sit, twirl like a ballerina, pretend to order Bantha soup in the cantina, trade hair and makeup tips, gossip about boys, etc. as long as you don't try to "defeat your enemies to score points" (heavens no, can't have that on a FFA server). If you start actually playing the game, you lose your protection.

As an option, if a so-called "lamer" attacks you, the "lamer" loses his lightsaber for y seconds and becomes easy prey.

This prevents so-called laming without the need for abusive commands or (sorry) subadmins. We shall soon see if the "honor" community genuinely just wants peace and no "laming" on their servers, or if they really are addicted to admin mods and abusive commands because, as someone once said,

I just want to be an admin because it would be cool to have infinite power over people. Not that i'd be a power abuser, it's just that I want to be incharge.

Originally posted by g//plaZma

There can be a timer, let's say 5 seconds or so from when you unarm yourself to when you become invulnerable to attacks. That'd make it harder to exploit and easier on admins.

Yeah that could work... but I have a better idea now inspired by the xMod's.

Originally posted by g//plaZma

TK, Hex's way seems pretty simple to me:

Turn off your saber and stand still for x seconds. You then become protected from saber and Force attacks (kind of like amprotect, but no admin is necessary) and can move around. Protection lasts as long as you take no aggressive action. You can stand and wait for a duel, sit, twirl like a ballarina, pretend to order Bantha soup in the cantina, trade hair and makeup tips, gossip about boys, etc. as long as you don't try to "defeat your enemies to score points" (heavens no, can't have that on a FFA server). If you start actually playing the game, you lose your protection.

As an option, if a so-called "lamer" attacks you, the "lamer" loses his lightsaber for y seconds and becomes easy prey.

I see... this could definantly be good, but there is a problem. See, any protected player could cause a serious interuption by walking into the area of a large FFA, and cause all of the fighters to lose their lightsabers. Here's my new idea:

To go into the protection mode, turn off your lightsaber and stand still for a certain amount of time specified by the server. (Just like xMod's idea) Then you will be invincible to other player's weapons, Force powers, explosives, etc. But you are NOT safe from fall damage, fire damage, drowning, etc. When you are invincible, your lightsaber handle will disappear so you are completely unarmed. You can also not use Force push, pull, grip, lightning, or drain. While you are unarmed, a little "unarmed" icon would appear on your screen where a Force power-up or Ysalamari icon would appear. Other players will see your name with an (unarmed) tag at the end of your name like when you are piloting a vehicle. So your name would show up as, for example, Luke Skywalker (unarmed). While you are unarmed, if another player attacks you, nothing happens to them for punishment. All that happens is they are personally told not to attack unarmed players by a message like ampsay (but no admin required). As soon as you pull back out your lightsaber or a weapon you will lose invincibility.

For chat killing:

After you have had the chat bubble up for a certain amount of time specified by the server, you become invincible to other player's weapons, Force powers, explosives, etc. But once again NOT to fire, water, etc. And when you are chat-invincible, you can keep your weapon, but as soon as your chat bubble disappears, you are not invincible anymore. When you are chat-invincible, a chat bubble icon will appear with the Force power-ups, Ysalamari, etc. icons.

Yeah that could work... but I have a better idea now inspired by the Xmod's.

I see... this could definantly be good, but there is a problem. See, any protected player could cause a serious interuption by walking into the area of a large FFA, and cause all of the fighters to lose their lightsabers.

The "lamers lose their lightsabers" is optional. You could just have protection of saber-off people.

Here's my new idea:

To go into the protection mode, turn off your lightsaber and stand still for a certain amount of time specified by the server. (Just like Xmod's idea) Then you will be invinsible to other player's weapons, Force powers, explosives, etc. But you are NOT safe from fall damage, fire damage, drowning, etc. When you are invinsible, your lightsaber handle will disappear so you are completely unarmed. You can also not use Force push, pull, grip, lightning, or drain. While you are unarmed, a little "unarmed" icon would appear on your screen where a Force power-up or Ysalamari icon would appear. Other players will see your name with an (unarmed) tag at the end of your name like when you are piloting a vehicle. So your name would show up as, for example, Luke Skywalker (unarmed). While you are unarmed, if another player attacks you, nothing happens to them for punishment. All that happens is they are personally told not to attack unarmed players by a message like ampsay (but no admin required). As soon as you pull back out your lightsaber or a weapon you will lose invinsibility.

For chat killing:

After you have had the chat bubble up for a certain amount of time specified by the server, you become invinsible to other player's weapons, Force powers, explosives, etc. But once again NOT to fire, water, etc. And when you are chat-invinsible, you can keep your weapon, but as soon as your chat bubble disappears, you are not invinsible anymore. When you are chat-invinsible, a chat bubble icon will appear with the Force power-ups, Ysalamari, etc. icons.

Please go to the =X= forum and give Hex your suggestions directly. He is very open to new ideas.

http://x.fragism.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=f864a0a174b7cb5d3b162058c5b69659

Archived