Home

What's the Deal? (xbox ruined by honor already?!)

grokking

Originally posted by Celladur

For god's sake, these "honor Nerds" are everywhere.

It's a favourite sport of mine to get together with a few friends, find a server that is really strict about honor And "lame" it to death for a few hours.

All the fun I have doing just that is about 99.9% of the reason why I still have this game installed.

:cool:

Originally posted by grokking

Yeah, it's not a true FFA, but I can see the merits in this as well. Although I do think they went overboard by all killing themselves over and over again in protest.

I've defended people setting their own rules in the past, but that is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard; top five at least. I wish there was some way to record your game on Live! because that would have been funny as hell to watch.

What it comes down to is that all online communities are essentially the same as far as population. Unless technical reasons limit stupidity, it will always be out there. I really don't know Microsoft's Live! that well but I would guess there are still some good servers on it somewhere. Just find the good ones and play there.

Originally posted by Side

aint there duel server on jka xbox?

Yeah, but in the FFA setting you can have more challengers quicker, and also do true FFA if everyone wants. I was in a cool game last night. It started out as a real FFA but then people just started naturally letting people finish their fights and we all just decided to do it that way. A couple times there was an odd man out and we did every man for himself again. It was a good time. Kind of mixed the two styles of fighting.

Originally posted by MrDomin0

I've defended people setting their own rules in the past, but that is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard; top five at least. I wish there was some way to record your game on Live! because that would have been funny as hell to watch.

It was funny looking back on it. This one guy kept laying down thermal detonators in a circle and then walking into them. I guess it was the only way to let me know they didn't want me in the game since I didn't have my voice enabled. The host kicked me twice but I kept coming back because I didn't understand what was going on.

I think you can record it. Just gotta run a camcorder through the av ports. I've seen my buddy do it.

If you're fighting with someone and having a good duel it can be annoying when someone else who's fresh steps in and kills either you or the other person. It all depends on how you want to play the game. You can either show skill on the saber and have a good fight one on one, or just care about getting as many kills as possible regardless of how you do it. Not saying one is more right or wrong than the other. Both ways can be fun.

Wait a minute, so you're saying the Xbox version of JA doesn't have Lightsaber Challenges?

Because those isolate a duel so nobody can interfere and the winner gets full health!

Sounds like these guys either don't understand the game or else the Xbox version cut some features. ; p

Duel also isolates the opponents so nobody can interfere and you get full health. In fact, the matches always START at full health too and people can't even get in the way visually. So Duel is actually better if you're going to just have one on one fights.

In the pc version, people can at least argue "well use mods that let you have multiple saber challenges at once in FFA 'cause then you can all duel at the same time and not wait" but since the Xbox version doesn't have mods, it makes more sense to use Duel Mode and quit whining!

The Lightsaber Challenge is the poor man's Duel.

I bet you most of the JA Xbox players are n00bs still... if they don't even know how to use a feature that was in JK2 for the pc!

PS: Let me get this straight, the only way to communicate in JA Xbox is to talk into a headset? Ah, interesting...

Originally posted by Kurgan

Wait a minute, so you're saying the Xbox version of JA doesn't have Lightsaber Challenges?

Because those isolate a duel so nobody can interfere and the winner gets full health!

PS: Let me get this straight, the only way to communicate in JA Xbox is to talk into a headset? Ah, interesting...

No, it seems we don't have that saber challenge feature on xbox. Damn, that would be nice. Yeah, and the only way to communicate is via headset.

Where's the guy that says the honor peeps are the majority of players online;

because from all the stuff I have read on the subject, the ratio is more like 70-30 or 80-20 in favor of competative play. I say if they cry honor...........................................................................

..........................................................................................

KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL them, then kill

them some more, then when they are chatting or have their

saber down.............................................................................

KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL, then as they are kicking you, KILL

them one last time. Sometimes my goal is to see how fast I

can get kicked from a server for violating their "unwritten"

honor rules.

See what I wish is that if you "lamed" somebody and made them mad, that THEY would leave the game and move on to an "honor" server... instead of trying to get YOU kicked.

Each day I become more and more convinced that "honor" is really just an excuse for sore losers and poor sportsmanship.

Looks that way, but I sure as hell ain't buying a PC just so I can have saber challenge on JA.

I'll survive without such luxuries.

Ah, but you'll be sad with all the great mods you'll be missing out on! (Asteroids, Matrix Unplugged, Melee Mod, AOTC TC, OJP, JA Bonus Map pack, DDS IBots/Rerouted, etc).

Face it, you're already dealing with whiners, and while the risks (more whiners) the rewards (mods, larger community, more features and tweaks) are that much greater.

Plus the graphics and controls are better on the PC.

Plus the chance of updates/patches and trying your hand at editing!

So if you buy a PC your JA experience will be about 10x better overall.

But, your $$$, your choice...

Hysterically & maniacally ROFLMAO

...you'd think this crap would at least be diluted/minimised on console gaming online........

Arise !! A new generation of whiners and the ppl who irritate them !!

Im looking forward to playing FIFA soccer online on my PS2, I hope I wont get anyone expecting me to bow before I score a goal........ :p

*Thanks The Maker he has washed his hands of JA*

*gets back to KOTOR with much glee*

MTFBWYA

Archived