Home

NEW DARTH MAUL project

RJW_ca

I'm working on a new revamped version of a Darth Maul model that will be weighted better, have more voice taunts, and have a moving mouth and eyes

--a Darth Maul that will look more like the movie after we finish up abit more on the head like skinning it better and so on I will show different pic's

--I plan on having his clothes look more cloth like (as the movie) with robed versions as well

I'm now in with 3DS MAX

Aaron Smith has been a GREAT HELP!!

HAPSLASH and NEOMARS1 have both agree to help me by showing me their great gift of skinning

I know a reworked Darth Maul will greatly be admired by the JA and JO community

one of the things HAPSLASH noticed was that the tatoos were based off the promotional art for Episode I merchandise,.... he did a little fudging with the texture to make it more like it was in the movie.

maulnew.jpg

left pic is old and right pic is newer so far

tell me what you think

--anyone else who wishes to help let me know

RJW_ca "OUT"

RJW_ca@hotmail.com or RJW_ca@rogers.com

Actually yes!!! I thought about doing a Darth Maul without his shirt showing his tatoos

I was thinking maybe if someone could help me have a catagory for his species where people could pic Darth Maul with his robe on, off or showing his tatoos--like head, torso, legs ect...

yes I am using the JA skeleton

I want to have a model out for JA and JO with a good veriety of speaking, grunts, and action sounds

T3rr0r thanks those pic's help tp show that the black surrounding the middle horn on Darth Maul's head should maybe be alittle longer

--maybe ALARIS can let me use that nice hilt I saw of his!?

--a way to bring up his round black flying droid would be kool!!

more pic's will come!!!

PLEASE CONTINUE TO GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK!!!

--this is all for you guys man

THANK YOU

RJW_ca

WOW! The model looks great! This is just what JA needs. Only thing I would ask is some higher res skins for the clothes. They don't look that good in JA. Will this model be compatable with skins for the old model? That way I can just add a face or two and have different variants when it's done.

Actually that pic is still alittle rough meaning I think HAPSLASH gave the clothes a grey texture because right now it is the face we are focusing on

--we want to get the model dead on right.

this is the colour of clothing I am going for

movie_bg.jpg

I think Darth Maul will probably have a closed mouth so this way it can be animated :maul: but don't worry he will still cringe his teath in the animation (the mouth would have to be remodelled for this to happen) so the old model won't be able to be used

RJW_ca "OUT

Originally posted by CaladienJedi

Thats cool. I remember the JK2 version having a few weighting bugs with the arms... Are the arms gonna look more attached in the JA version?

yeah, something was really misaligned with the other version... like the arm shortened and the fingers/hand lengthened... something.

Originally posted by RJW_ca

Actually yes!!! I thought about doing a Darth Maul without his shirt showing his tatoos

I was thinking maybe if someone could help me have a catagory for his species where people could pic Darth Maul with his robe on, off or showing his tatoos--like head, torso, legs ect...

yes I am using the JA skeleton

Tell me if you want more.

EDIT: Changed the picture attached. It's now a 1280x1024 collage of Maul pics, robed and not. 56kers beware.

EDIT (again): One small request.. could you also include a version with his mouth CLOSED? :D

maulcollage.thumb.jpg.2229e921e181b4efb4e5c857872be5b5.jpg

Originally posted by Eets

EDIT (again): One small request.. could you also include a version with his mouth CLOSED? :D

and have a moving mouth and eyes

I think Darth Maul will probably have a closed mouth so this way it can be animated :maul:

:)

Thank you. ;):eets:

hey this is great. i had a question. RJW i noticed u said something about moving eyes and mouth. none of the other models in the game do this in multiplayer how will this model work? i noticed the single players models do this. so will this be a single player model also?

i dont know how to post pictures in here can someone help please? i have both front and back pictures of what maul looks like with no shirt on. i wanna upload a pic from my computer but editing wont let me. i saw a part in the editing saying insert a picture. so i figuered maybe typing in for example C:\my art files\star wars\maulpic.jpg that it would work but nothing.

Originally posted by ninja

hey this is great. i had a question. RJW i noticed u said something about moving eyes and mouth. none of the other models in the game do this in multiplayer how will this model work? i noticed the single players models do this. so will this be a single player model also?

actually, mouths and eyes move in mp, too. watch when someone taunts... and you see people blink, too.

Archived