Home

The Big, Bad Bunch of Bugs Thread

razorace

Ok, this thread is for reporting bugs that need to need to be fixed. This is for OJP bugs only, not stuff from vanilla JKA that you want "fixed".

OJP Basic:

- Some of the menu files are now displaying the wrong options for given gametypes in the server creation/solo menus due to the additions of the old JK2 gametypes. Someone needs to go thru and check the cvarTest "ui_netGameType"s to make sure they all match up with the new gametypes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, im not so sure if these are bugs, but it sure does seem like it!

1) My saber colors (the presets and rbg) come up with boxes around them accept the black one. ANd when i slash my saber with the black it comes up with yellow text.. not sure if tahts because of a bug or because its still a beta but just though you should know!

2) The DroidEka's shields are not becomming transparent, they stay solid and u cant see the model untill you move forward or backwards! I have Both the basic and enhanced versions (both newest) and im wondering how to fix this? Any help plz? thx

mmm ya it could be because of the AOTC: TC Demo. It has the OJP_Vehicles_002 in it, so it may conflict, ill just get rid of it thanks for the help, lets hope it works i really wanna try out the droideka!

• 2 weeks later...

I installed JKA fresh patch 1.01, and beta install of OJB 002b6... everything works amazing the first time, exit JKA. nothing wrong. Then I go back to JKA load the OJB 002b6 again and I get the strange block effect anomalies, all the sabers do it except for the black one...I also notice it with the flack cannon, and saber scraping the wall... does it have something to do with partical effects? I have an nvidia geforce 4(not the real geforce 4,a crappy MX one,yes) does this mean any bad news or business?

It is another mod conflicting with the shaders, that or another model/vehicle cause I deleted a couple things, rebooted and then tryed agian and there were no shader probs and the droideka also works ^_^ lol

• 1 month later...

I'am not so sure if this is considered a bug, but during the saber switch on animation, in which you twirl the saber while it "lights up", if you do an attack during or slightly after the animation is played, the saber attack has no wind up animation; this means the attack comes out almost instantly and is much more noticable while using the red stance.

I've tried this on the vanilla mp game, and this doesn't happen; I've noticed that in the vanilla version the switch on animation doesn't have the twirl in it so Iam assuming there's sumfing to do with it??

oops sorry its not the OJP's fault, it happens on the base single player or anywhere there's that "twirl"....

But here's sumfing else... on the OJP enhanced, when I did those superman looking jumps (sorry cant remeber the name, but its the arm-spreading jumps), and during mid jumps if I do a slash and lands before the swing is finished, the model stops the swing and do the landing animation instead, then straight afterwards the rest of the saber animation is played...

sorry these are all minor things that doesn't really affect the mod in anyways...

• 1 month later...

Have one for you gentlemen. This bug has happened to me a couple of times.

It was during a match of PowerDuel. The models I was using were Maul, Asajj (the one based off of the Leela model) and a custom skin (it's never caused me problems before). I modified the Asajj model so that she could use the Asajj Ventress saber hilts, that I believe are available via PCGAMEMODS.COM or JK3Files.com.

Each time the bug popped up, it was at the VERY end of the duel, after I had died. I'm quite confident that the Asajj model was holding only ONE of her sabers at the time of my demise. Here's the error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program...jamp.exe

File: C:\jka editing\codemp\game\w.saber.c

Line: 688

Expression: !"Saber with no owner?"

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

I could then elect to try and debug the situation. Each time I did so, it would lead to a black screen with a Microsoft error message informing me that the program had to end, & asked if I wanted to report the bug to them.

Hope this helps.

Yours!

:)

Archived