Home

Return of the King...

elTee

Well... anyone seen it yet? Its been global for 24 hours here now, some of you must have done. I just got back from seeing it, anyway.

:D

I loved it - a great end to the trilogy. I know the end was.. different.. from the book, but it was a good way to tie it up I thought. The battles and special effects were simply incredible, Weta have raised the bar. I thought it had ended about 4 times, but every time it faded back in to reveal another 5 or 10 minutes of movie... brilliant.

The only sad thing is, next christmas will feel somewhat hollow :/

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who hasn't seen it shouldn't really be reading this thread now should they.

I also loved it, the ending was... alright. i have to say, I'm not as hysteric about it as most and can tell a flaw when i see one. I'm not gonna put this in a spoiler because people who haven't seen it yet shouldn't be here, as stated before, but really, it should have ended when Frodo wakes up, gets greeted by everyone and then just shares a small smile with sam in the doorway, the rest was nice as it manage the last line in the book to be the last line in the movie, but it was a little strung out.

Never the less, it was brilliant, and yes it was different, it's artistic liscense and would have been utterly crap if it was exactly like the book, but the main gist of it was there and the whole point was made nice and clear, so kudos to Jackson and Walsh and the rest of them.

Archived