Home

Saber Throw and Player Roll

bart0047

Dear Community,

I have been playing h3x's mod for some quite time

Part 1 - Saber throw is ridicoulous with setting at sv_nopullthrow 0 - i see you can set it at 2, but it messes this up totally. I have posted a thread on lucas forums about this issue.

The damage scale for the throw is too high, and cant be changed. I have tried messing with all settings, but none are good. I guess you must have to change the code in the game, but that is beyond me and a lot of people. How can we go about fixing this issue with the damage. On the previous version of h3x mod; h3x mastered this by the code and then setting it so the cvar could g_saberthrowdmg 30 or what ever number you wanted this. Is there any way you can fix this? Please I will keep bugging the programmers at lucas until they come up with a theory.

Part 2 - Roll. Why is roll so lamed now that might save the FC if he could roll more than 1ft in any direction with out rolling off something higher IE a legde he might survive. I mean you used to be able to roll like 5 ft or something this might a be a useful cvar setting

How can we as a community help the programmers and developer of these great mods and patches? Please figure out something thank you.

- the pro

Saber throw is insane in it's current form.

It basically is like a thrown heavy swing from anywhere on the map.

I'm not one to support nerfing, but being able to basically throw a 100 damage move from across the map, guide it and then guarantee it's landing by pulling causes too many problems.

Don't get me wrong, I by no means support the "pull throw is an exploit" mentality, all I say is there needs to be some type of damage scale cvar that can reduce it to where it can be enabled and not be so insanely effective.

Jedi Outcast had the damage at 30 for a reason, they (the devs) knew if it did the same damage as when swung, there would be scores of problems.

The roll:

Garbage in it's current form.

I understand the reason for slowing it down a bit, in Outcast rolling was faster than running and it made things look a little silly when you think about it.

But the side rolls are where the main problem lies.

In Outcast they were the one true defense against kicks and PTK's, those fast-snap side rolls in the hands of a person who knew how to use them, would literally make him immune to pull-kicks and PTK's.

In Academy, that same person can still time his evasive roll to dodge the PK/PTK, the problem is the roll is "locked" or "restrictive" and won't let him roll far enough to fully dodge the attack even though he predicted it and evaded it correctly.

Also the inability to "hit the brakes" and halt your movement in a forward roll is dumb. This was great in 1.04, it along with the ability to use force such as push/lightning/grip as you came *through the roll, not after it (another nerf from the recent patch) made that rolling player a serious threat.

Now rolling in general is just pure suicide.

The throw itself doesn't do more damage. The saber throw will in fact sometimes go through the person and then hit again on the back way so that is 60+ damage right there.

Or it will stay rotating within the person for the timespan of the pull/push stun, so that's like 90+ dmg at least.

Most pull throws do 60~ dmg now but with speed and lvl 3 throw you can usually get a 1/4 chance of doing 90~ dmg

yeah I kind of figured it may be related to hit detection such as the ghoul2.

when I ptk I aim very low, as in the knees/feet (to get under saber deflection) and right before I connect with the throw I pull up so on the knock back it stays "on them".

I did this in JK2 just in case the initial saber throw did not connect, it had no effect on damage.

But in JA I'm getting 2 throws + a kick = about 80 damage on average for a ptk.

Archived