Home

Where the #@$% is it?! (server hosting problems)

MasterSidious

Umm I'm not a newbie and I have already made a server where other people from the internet have connected to it. I just got a new laptop and I've never gotten it to run a server so that I could or anyone else could connect to it. The other computer that I used was a desktop. I have LAN. So, how do I get it to work? BTW the game seems to be looking in masterjk2.ravensoft.com and I'm pretty sure that it needs to be looking or doing stuff with updatejk2.ravensoft.com, so basically how can I fix it to work on my new laptop?

Well, if on a LAN, make sure to open a 2nd port for the laptop to use since that one that the desktop is using (default is 29070) so make sure to go into the router(if you are using one) and forward the port to that laptop's designated IP, probably like 192.168.1.101 or something, and have port 29071 opened for it, so that the 2 servers aren't trying to broadcast from the same port (dont work that way). Now if using a router, what kind do you have, because if its linksys I can DEFINITELY help you with it since I went through the EXACT same thing when hosting 2 separate 4-people server games. Anything else than that, and I wont be as knowledgeable.

Archived