Home

A fading hate for jk3files server

theguyincorner

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

I have regular players from Scandanavia, most Western and Central European countries, Australia, Singapore, Korea, Hong Kong, South America, etc. who play with pings in the 200s all the time, and often do very well.

Thank you Amidala :D. Yes lower pings do help the player but it's all in the skill of the player, there are some days where players from all over the world with high pings are just constantly owning. The reason is because players just have skill.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by theguyincorner

AxVegeta, every post I've seen from you has been you bragging about things that are most likely not true. Why don't you make so demos of your "ownage" and prove all those things. I know none of your insults were at all directed towards me but I can't stand people who act like that.

Most likely not true? ROFL

Well ask shroomduck if you dont believe me, or that TK guy, he is an admin there i guess. I will record demos from now on.

Ill search for you JE REd, youll be my first demo.

[ Edit: Unnecessary flame deleted. ] then druidbremen is either allanon or bremen from JSr, some nooby clan i own, and they know that. And i dont really know who migh tu be, but you must be another noob that hangs out there.

I went to jk3files a couple of hours ago, and killed the duck 8 times, he none, some were lames, some were one on one.

[ Edit: Flames Deleted. Please refrain from insults to get your point across. ]

Originally posted by AxVegetA

Most likely not true? ROFL

Well ask shroomduck if you dont believe me, or that TK guy, he is an admin there i guess.

No, see, you didn't "own" ShroomDuck, you chat-killed him. Chat-killing someone doesn't mean you "owned" him. So be quiet.

That guy TK is an admin *** *** honor noob

Yay I get to report you to the moderators AGAIN! :bounce1:

-[LC] TK-8252

I went to jk3files a couple of hours ago, and killed the duck 8 times, he none, some were lames, some were one on one.

Hard to believe you killed him eight times because I only remember you killing him once in a CHAT-KILL and then for the rest of your time there you were in amsleep and amsilence. We were having some FUN with you!

FACE IT fagets, you all suck.

Well you're the one who has to chat-kill people to score points. :roleyess:

Oh, yeah, and all the vulgar language only proves how low your intellegence is.

Despite the complete stupidity of Vegeta, this thread just made me chuckle at the jk3files newbies. And I thought their rules list for their JK2 server was funny (banning gk). "OH NOZ!!!!!111 GRIP-KICK=INVINCIBLE + I DUNNO HOW 2 USE TEH PUSH/PULL BUTTON!!!!!1111ONEONE"

I like to backstab people while their chatting , then get my ass chased , grip+lunge them one by one , and finaly get banned

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

Yay I get to report you to the moderators AGAIN! :bounce1:

-[LC] TK-8252

OMGZ TEACHER! HE GOT A CAP ON HIS HEAD INSIDE THE SCHOOL!

The point of this thread wasn't to generate hate or sympathy for jk3 files. I wanted to show how I was completly opposed to that kind of server and my view has changed. So give things a chance even if you didn't like them last time maybe it will be better this time. Then I got sidetracked because that ****** kid started talking crap.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you should really look at it from the other side thoroughly before you formulate your opinion and start preaching. There is good and bad on servers where you play and servers with honor rules. So if you don't like the honor rules then don't play there. and if you don't like playing the game, then go to an honor server! Why does a concept so simple have to be surounded by so many arguments? I just don't get it.

If the game-ruining "honor" codes weren't so infectiously propagandistic, nobody would care enough to rant about them on here...

The sad fact is that their popularity diminishes the fun to be had in the community (except for that relatively small minority that finds them enjoyable, such as yourself).

And well-meaning or not, the proponents of the honor code are very aggressive in promoting their systems to the expulsion of all others in the servers...

They don't keep their honor codes confined to their own servers, and there is no "standard" code either, yet many adherents to a "code" assume that everyone knows it, and they are quite unforgiving and uncharitable when it comes to clashing beliefs.

Suffice to say that many "honor" servers don't adequately warn and explain the rules for people joining. Even those that do usually only say "no laming" or something equally vague. How are we supposed to read the admin's thoughts and know how they define "laming"? Usually they'll simply lay in with the insults and abusive admin commands (kick and ban are all I need to enforce my "job" as admin, and I have banned very very few people.. and never needed anything permanent).

These guys just tacitly assume that what they consider "laming" is the same as everyone else's and they assume that everyone believes the same things they do. When they encounter somebody who either doesn't agree or has no idea what all this stuff is about, they assume the person is evil and stupid, and treat them like dirt. It's pathetic and wrong.

With the widespread abuse its caused (honor codes and related admin abuse) it's not surprising that it spills over into community forums.

I don't really play enough JA online to have faced this kind of thing too much, but one thing I do know is that similar 'unspoken rules' spring up around lots of online MP games. In TFC, some people will complain if you use your grenades well "grenade spamming", defend a key point "camping". In some cases, you will get complaints as an attacker, for killing an attacker on the other side as you pass him - this came from league play and spilled over into regular servers. You'll get abuse if you go sniper of HWG, especially if you do well. I even got complained at for using a rocket launcher as a soldier too much....thats his main freakin' weapon!

In CS, you get complained at for using certain guns, mostly notably the big sniper rifle, and if you do well you get a torrent of abuse for 'cheating'.

It seems to me that whatever the game, people will get a load of accepted norms in their own mind and expect everyone else to conform. Many of these rules/conceptions ruin these games as much as this whole honour code does for people who hate them. Man, where did online gaming go wrong...so much conflict...

Originally posted by g//plaZma

(banning gk). "OH NOZ!!!!!111 GRIP-KICK=INVINCIBLE + I DUNNO HOW 2 USE TEH PUSH/PULL BUTTON!!!!!1111ONEONE"

Some of the people who come through there are not as "experienced" as some of you competitive players, as you've figured out. Grip kick can be exploitive for some people who aren't used to non-stop fighting.

Originally posted by Side

OMGZ TEACHER! HE GOT A CAP ON HIS HEAD INSIDE THE SCHOOL!

I did not come to these forums to be called a "gay ass honor noob". If I treat others here with respect, I expect respect in return. I did not come to these forums to be bullied by some kid who can't control his mouth. There is a difference between "reporting" and "tattle-tailing". AxVegetA's remarks here have offended many people on these forums. See the difference?

Originally posted by theguyincorner

Why does a concept so simple have to be surounded by so many arguments? I just don't get it.

Sheesh, good question! I'd like an answer to this too.

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

Some of the people who come through there are not as "experienced" as some of you competitive players, as you've figured out. Grip kick can be exploitive for some people who aren't used to non-stop fighting.

But the counter to grip is given in the rules section of the main menu, you don't need experience.

Force Push in Rules

Force Push

Duration: Instantaneous effect

Area Of Effect: Objects or Persons

Effect: Allows Jedi to push objects away from themselves, deflect missiles, and defend against Force Grip and Force Push attacks.

Kengo I love TFC! :D

So I guess the question now is... Is there anything we can do to stop this honor stuff from getting out of hand? I don't know, I think if all honor servers made an effort to explain what "laming" is then we wouldnt have so many problems. The things you said Kurgan were big generalazations. I know that many server admins do that (that's why I stear clear of clan servers) but I've witnessed someone being punished on the jk3files server. They slept them, then showed them a series of binds explaining what they defined laming as, then gave him some time to respond. I see nothing abusive about this. The people who run a server can make whatever rules they want because they are paying for it. But like I've said sooo many times before... Leave your rules at your server! There's no reason that you should assume the "honor code" is present on every server. These servers have their place. I'm not too fond of standing around pretending like some of them do, but I spend my time there dueling and watching duels because its FUN! I think a lot of the bitterness about honor servers (well my bitterness atleast) came from being constantly abused on JK2 servers. I'm going to do some more "investigating" :D and check out how prominant admin abuse still is in JA.

Originally posted by Kengo

I don't really play enough JA online to have faced this kind of thing too much, but one thing I do know is that similar 'unspoken rules' spring up around lots of online MP games. In TFC, some people will complain if you use your grenades well "grenade spamming", defend a key point "camping". In some cases, you will get complaints as an attacker, for killing an attacker on the other side as you pass him - this came from league play and spilled over into regular servers. You'll get abuse if you go sniper of HWG, especially if you do well. I even got complained at for using a rocket launcher as a soldier too much....thats his main freakin' weapon!

In CS, you get complained at for using certain guns, mostly notably the big sniper rifle, and if you do well you get a torrent of abuse for 'cheating'.

It seems to me that whatever the game, people will get a load of accepted norms in their own mind and expect everyone else to conform. Many of these rules/conceptions ruin these games as much as this whole honour code does for people who hate them. Man, where did online gaming go wrong...so much conflict...

You are totally correct, no matter what the game is, someone is bound to bitch about something.

But it goes much deeper; it's this dickhead "I AM THE ADMIN AND I SHALL DO AS I WISH AND TREAT YOU AS I DEEM YOU SHOULD BE TREATED BECAUSE I AM THE ALL MIGHTY OMNIPOTENT BEING WITH RCON" mentality.

Take a look at this, here are the server rules for the rtcwfiles.com server, oddly enough, it's a sister network of jk2files.com

http://www.rtcwfiles.com/file.stuff?body=GameServerRules

Ok at first glance I got the impression it's just another newbie RTCW: ET server, you know "no spawn killing" etc.

No big deal right?

Look a little deeper...

Admin Powers

The admin(s) have a special rank in the server via Shrub Mod. Shrub mod is installed on our server and lets ONLY admins use these features. The admin may allow other players to have preset ranks at his/her own choice.

Some of the admin powers are listed bellow

Self Revive ( for cheat detection)

Jump/Launch

Disorient/Orient

Shake

Ban

Rename a player

A admin may use these powers when ever he/her feels the need to.

DO NOT CALL THIS CHEATING, THE ADMIN WILL GIVE YOU 1 WARNING THEN IF YOU CONTINUE YOU RUN THE RISK OF GETTING BANNED, this is a built in feature to shrub mod

Now you see how this stupid "admin" crap has gone too far?

You don't think that jackass 14 year old admin won't self revive himself after getting raped by a better player?

Sure he will.

You don't think that jackass 14 year old admin won't "shake" (think /amslap) a camping player who out smarted him and got the jump on him twice in a row?

Sure he will, and he will justify his bull**** actions with cries of "lamer".

Look, I've ran servers since the days of Quake.

I didn't do so because I wanted to play God in my own little micro universe, I did it because I enjoy gaming and I wanted to provide other games with a place to play.

But today that seems an almost extinct concept.

The bottom line is, if you choose to set up and admin a server to provide gamers with a place to play I applaud you.

That said...

If someone wants to admin a server because they feel it is their god given calling to keep order and peace in the world of online gaming... well I think that person is a self absorbed, deluded asshole, pure and simple.

/edit this was not directed at you Kengo, sorry if it came out that way. I just quoted you because what you said made a lot of sense about how things have turned for the worse over the years.

Enough with the flames already, c'mon guys (esp. AxVegeta) you know better than that.

Believe it or not, this CAN be discussed without flaming board members!

Master William, ping is not as important in regular FFA and CTF as it is in Dueling and Instagib (not saying it's not important, just not as important). I have regular players from Scandanavia, most Western and Central European countries, Australia, Singapore, Korea, Hong Kong, South America, etc. who play with pings in the 200s all the time, and often do very well. In fact, one of the top players is from Finland and always has a ping in the 200s, but it doesn't stop him from owning people with much lower pings.

Even in Instagib, I have a regular player from Germany (female too BTW) who does very well (looking right now, her ping is 211).

Amen to that Amidala. Crow_nest regularly gets pings in the 300's on my server, and yet he more often than not trashes the people who join (except for a few other regulars here who are pretty darn good in their own right!)... unless of course he's just stopping by to tell me something then leave. ; )

And of course my server isn't nearly as good as Amidala's in terms of power, so for me pings in the 100's are decent. I've had people playing with pings in the 90's and 80's though before.

When it comes to Q3 I was always told that 250 ping was "bad." The thing is of course is that people on dialup and foreigners are always going to get higher pings, so they just learn to deal with it in gameplay. If you're spoiled by sub 100 pings you might find it difficult to adjust at first.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Master William, ping is not as important in regular FFA and CTF as it is in Dueling and Instagib (not saying it's not important, just not as important). I have regular players from Scandanavia, most Western and Central European countries, Australia, Singapore, Korea, Hong Kong, South America, etc. who play with pings in the 200s all the time, and often do very well. In fact, one of the top players is from Finland and always has a ping in the 200s, but it doesn't stop him from owning people with much lower pings.

Even in Instagib, I have a regular player from Germany (female too BTW) who does very well (looking right now, her ping is 211).

Don't worry about ping so much, you're missing out on a lot of fun servers (not just mine, either).

yeah ping is pretty relative. usually under 500 in ja is playable and 330 in cs. ut2k3 i can't remember. all i know is during any of these games i can hold my own easily and often dominate sniping or playing insta.

Originally posted by Master William

no, you don't get it... 100+ ping = guns shoot slow, sometimes it looks like someone behind you is shooting when in fact I am.

Also, sabers hit me from quite some distance, totally annoying... you slice through people and nothing happens... and everything reacts slowly. still playable, but painful for me.

One of the top gunners in the game plays on a 28k.

Archived