Home

Want to play JKA? Without admin abuse!

KPM

I've rented a JA server! It is 10 slots and its public, Its full force saber only free for all. Everyone is welcome and i hope it becomes active, if it does become active i will pay more for 12 slots. There will be no admin abuse at all, im the only admin and im not strict, the server has no rules, It's running xmod2 and kick is enabled, other than that there is no gameplay changes, Have fun and merry xmas!

gam3rz.co.uk - Jedi Academy Deathmatch

80.253.115.71:29081

have fun and no rules! It's based in the UK and i get 20 ping there. Please check it out and have fun !

on another note theres only one thing i havent configered yet, i want bots to join the game when there is under 4 players, and when theres over 4 players the bots get automaticly kicked, like in the chop shop, i dont know the command for this is there anyone who can tell me? other than this i have set the server up just fine.

The command for auto bots would be "bot_minplayers", this is set to the minimum amount of players that you wish the server to always have, set it to 3 and the server will make sure there are always 3 players, bot or not, in it.

Edit: I forgot, also make sure to define "bot_enable" to 1.

Originally posted by MasteR PudsLiG

thank you, do you know how to make it so the bots have different names? i know how to set a bot a different name but i want the bots that autojoin / auto kicked to have different names

First, you should download the improved bots and botroutes from DDS available here: http://www.perkwerx.com/DDS/downloads.htm

I use my own customized bots, but the DDS I-bots are much better than the stock bots. The new botroutes are a big improvement as well.

If you want to change the bot names, you must use WinZip and extract the file bots.txt from the DDS_Ibots.pk3. It will extract in a folder called botfiles, keep it in there. Open bots.txt and you'll see this:

{

name "Alora"

model alora

color1 0

color2 0

saber1 "single_4"

saber2 "single_4"

personality /botfiles/Alora.jkb

}

{

name "Cultist"

model cultist

color1 0

color2 0

saber1 "single_9"

saber2 "none"

personality /botfiles/Cultist.jkb

}

etc.

For each bot, add a line called funname, then use tabs (not spaces), then enter the new name in quotation marks. You can use ^number for colors as usual, like this:

{

name "Alora"

funname "^3Bad ^1Hair ^7Day"

model alora

color1 0

color2 0

saber1 "single_4"

saber2 "single_4"

personality /botfiles/Alora.jkb

}

{

name "Cultist"

funname "^6Queer Eye for the Jedi"

model cultist

color1 0

color2 0

saber1 "single_9"

saber2 "none"

personality /botfiles/Cultist.jkb

}

Repeat for all the bots. Then drag the botfiles folder with the bots.txt file back into the DDS_Ibots.pk3 file, and select Freshen files. Upload the ibots and botroute files to your server and restart the server.

The bots will come and go according to the bot_minplayers value, and will have the funnames you added. To add a bot manually, use the name, not the funname.

I have another question, i wish to take mp/ffa2 (the korriban ffa map) out of the map rotation, its too big for 10 slots and people end up getting bored and dissconnecting because they cant find anyone to slaughter, im guessing i have to edit in server.cfg :

set d1 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa1 ; set nextmap vstr d2"

set d2 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa2 ; set nextmap vstr d3"

set d3 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa3 ; set nextmap vstr d4"

set d4 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa4 ; set nextmap vstr d5"

set d5 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa5 ; set nextmap vstr d1"

should i just change it to

set d2 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa3 ; set nextmap vstr d3"

set d3 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa4 ; set nextmap vstr d4"

set d4 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa5 ; set nextmap vstr d1"

thanks to anyone who wishes to help

Originally posted by MasteR PudsLiG

thanks for the bot info. Is the DSS bot file things serverside?

I have another question, i wish to take mp/ffa2 (the korriban ffa map) out of the map rotation, its too big for 10 slots and people end up getting bored and dissconnecting because they cant find anyone to slaughter, im guessing i have to edit in server.cfg :

set d2 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa2 ; set nextmap vstr d3"

set d3 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa3 ; set nextmap vstr d4"

set d4 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa4 ; set nextmap vstr d5"

set d5 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa5 ; set nextmap vstr d1"

should i just change it to

set d2 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa3 ; set nextmap vstr d3"

set d3 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa4 ; set nextmap vstr d4"

set d4 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa5 ; set nextmap vstr d1"

thanks to anyone who wishes to help

Yes it is server-side. However, if you decide to alter the DDS_ibots.pk3 file to add the funnames, you should change the name of the file to something like "alteredDDS_ibots. pk3" to prevent problems with pure servers.

Your second map rotation will work, but you don't need the repeated set g_gametype entries since the gametype isn't changing. Also, I prefer leaving the map in the rotation but skipping it like this:

seta g_gametype "0"

set d1 "map mp/ffa1;set nextmap vstr d3"

set d2 "map mp/ffa2;set nextmap vstr d3"

set d3 "map mp/ffa3;set nextmap vstr d4"

set d4 "map mp/ffa4;set nextmap vstr d5"

set d5 "map mp/ffa5;set nextmap vstr d1"

vstr d1

d1 will run the mp/ffa1, but it sets the nextmap as d3 instead of d2. So when mp/ffa1 finishes, it will start d3 (mp/ffa3) as the next map. But if you want to run the mp/ffa2 on a one-time basis (say your server is full or people ask for it), you just have to use /rcon set nextmap vstr d2, and the mp/ffa2 map will start when the current map ends. After mp/ffa2 ends, it will return to your usual rotation, skipping d2 the next time around.

• 3 weeks later...

The IP has changed for my server, the provider promises it wont happen again. The new ip is 213.228.215.50:29076, However the server crashes some times, on xmod v2.1.0 , which i've been told is stable, so i'm not sure if it's the mod, or my server thats causing the problem, so for 1 week (maybe less) it will run basejka, so i can know for sure whats crashing.

Andy is correct, I use Aphextwin's Server Messaging for both my Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers. Don't overdo it though, people get sick of it. I run them for a couple of days (every 30 minutes, the longest interval possible) then stop for a couple of days. Here is a better link http://www.gamerunners.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2

Archived