Home

WIP: Raiden

graves

Feh yer hotsauce:D!

I still can't get a working xsi exporter for 3dsmax6 so i guess i have to redo all the weights in max4:mad:

I did some minor texture work on the body and added a very light specular map so his suit looks more like rubber. Other than that, it still looks the same:p

Can I please get some crits on the last pics i put up? I'm mainly worried about his face atm.

Originally posted by graves

I still can't get a working xsi exporter for 3dsmax6 so i guess i have to redo all the weights in max4:mad:

Hey, graves, I don't think you'll need to redo all the weights!:)

I was having problems in 3ds max 6 with an XSI exporter that involved a file called "XSIFtk.dll". (Kept crashing max)

I looked again and found a different one on the softimage site.

Here' a link to the site (download the "dotXSI4MAX6_v17_bin.zip")

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=40241&package_id=32639&release_id=205314

If the link above dies for some reason:

Here's the link to the page of plugins:

http://www.softimage.com/Connect/xsi/FreeConnections.htm

Click on "dotXSI xchange for Max - Export" , then click on "dotXSI4max" (the name seemed a little deceiving to me, more like it was for max 4 and not 6 :rolleyes: ). You'll want to download the "bin" file.

I got that and it worked. :D

Hope this helps and I definately hope you get this message before you start redoing weights.:(

P.S. Great job on the model. Off the top of my head I don't see anything that stands out as looking wrong from those last pics you posted. Keep up the good work!:)

OMGOMGOMG I LUB you!:D

It worked:)

I cant seem to generate a .skin file tho... Its not a problem right now because i can just use the old one, but ill be kinda hard for future models.

All i have to do now is update the teamskins and create new icons. It should be released in no time! But don't quote me on that:p

Great Job!:)

It came out really good!

Oh, and if you don't mind me asking:

Did you weight him manually or did you use envelopes?

Just curious.;)

Also, were you planing on recompiling your Snake models from JO to JA? (I know they work in JA with the exception of the left hand saber for the taunt and the one special move.) Anyways, just asking.:D

*takes a bow*

Yeah i did the weighing manually, I don't like envelopes. Actually I AM planning on re-doing snake. Probably just a face update with some minor body changes that will be fully JA compatible.

Originally posted by graves

*takes a bow*

Yeah i did the weighing manually, I don't like envelopes. Actually I AM planning on re-doing snake. Probably just a face update with some minor body changes that will be fully JA compatible.

Okay, thanks. I've been weighting manually too and just wanted to know what method other modelers prefer.:)

Also, I didn't mention it before, but I really like the way the hair came out. It looks really good.:)

Archived