Home

Game gets choppy when I use force or someone uses force on me.

alizerothree

Any ideas? Here are my specs.

Athlon xp 3000

9700 Pro ATI 3.10

Direct X 9.0b

768 PC3200 RAM

WIN2k all updated

HDD all defragged with 44% space

EPOX Nforce2 Mobo

I can play with EVERYTHING maxed out on 1280 resolution and still get about 70 FPS constantly. But whren i use force i notice the fps drops to 15 and gets really choppy for like a seconds or 2. Even when people use force on me. Any ideas? Can i disable the plasm effect when force is used??? thanks

There is a command to disable the little circle around your hand when you push/pull/grip etc and replaces it with the old JK2 style ones. But I've forgotten it >/

It increases your fps overall by about 2 aswell as stopping what your describing when you use force.

I'm sure someone will post it or i'll look for it later.

• 4 weeks later...
originally posted by Andy867

no its like cg_rendertotexturefx "0" that is the proper command to revert back to raven's old "white wind" effect from Outcast for Force Push/Pull

Yes, this is the command you want. I had the same problem (laggy when pushing/pulling) and when I entered in this command...BAM! Lag's gone. :D

With all due respect to Agen and the 'spoon, I must disagree. Newer drivers allow for better support and have updated features that help improve performance over older drivers. Nvidia's drivers especially hold true to this... when I first got Jedi Academy, I at the time had a GeForce4 Ti4800SE 128MB card and got roughly 60-90FPS, by the time I upgraded to a newer card (for various reasons) my video card drivers were able to make JA run at a near stable 100FPS. Now with my new card, I am able to get roughly 300FPS (though not wise) and hardly ever dip below 60FPS on even some of the more demanding maps/levels

Go to "control panel" and go to "system"

EDIT: You can also tell by right clicking ur desktop, go propoties, go settings and go advance. If its an nvidia card, you should see "GeForce" on top, if its an ATI card, you should see the word "ATI Radeon" on top too.

Originally posted by Andy867

With all due respect to Agen and the 'spoon, I must disagree. Newer drivers allow for better support and have updated features that help improve performance over older drivers. Nvidia's drivers especially hold true to this... when I first got Jedi Academy, I at the time had a GeForce4 Ti4800SE 128MB card and got roughly 60-90FPS, by the time I upgraded to a newer card (for various reasons) my video card drivers were able to make JA run at a near stable 100FPS. Now with my new card, I am able to get roughly 300FPS (though not wise) and hardly ever dip below 60FPS on even some of the more demanding maps/levels

How the hell are you able to get 300 fps?!

Originally posted by DarkLord60

Why not it helps increase performance sometimes. Its Gefroce that makes things worse.

Why not it helps increase performance sometimes. Its Gefroce that makes things worse.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

How the hell are you able to get 300 fps?!

Thats a good question. :confused:

Originally posted by DarkLord60

Why did you repeat it twice?

Eh, andy. How did you get so rich? I know you own a GeForce FX 5900 ultra right?

Oh so its the res then, i cant set my res lower or higher than 1024x764 cause im using an LCD flat panel monitor.

Im running max detail, video sync off, dynamicglow on. com_maxfps 500. I get 80 or higher on some maps. It depends on the driver....

If i set my res to anything else, my graphics will look like sh!t.

I own the GeForce FX 5900 128MB version, not the 256,

256 aint that good really, most of the time 128 will perform better

Archived