Home

Name Your Finish Times !!!

Astrotoy7

How long has it taken you to finish KOTOR !  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How long has it taken you to finish KOTOR !

• Less than 30 hours
    • Between 30 and 35 hours
    • Between 35 and 40 hours
    • Between 40 and 45 hours
    • Between 50 an 55 hours
    • More than 55 hours

Ive just finished my first time through. Ultra light, jedi consular, lv 12, female...took me 50.5 hours and I did every sidequest(that I know of) except the one(s) asscociated with winning the swoop races, which I was essentially crap at.... :p

how quick was the game for others, I can imagine if you skipped alot of sidequests and went more along the dark route then youd probably get through it quicker ?

MTFBWYA

the first time through, doing all of the quests took over 100 hours. this was of course without a walkthrough to guide you to every possible detail needed to complete the quests in the most erxpedient fashion. it involved making mistakes and re-loading, searching searching and more saearching, as well as talking to everyone and i mean everyone in the game.

of course by my second time through knowing how to proceed with most of the quests shaved 30 hours off. and it was cut down 15 more the third time.

but i seriosuly don't know how someone spends only 30 hours on this game. i guarantee that if you are only spending 30 hours on the game you are not only missing SOME sidequests you are missing MOST sidequests.

EVERY character in your party(except the utility droid) has a line of questioning sidequest. for every character that has a line of questioning sidequest(except hk-47, who's sidequest involves repairing him for the line of questioning) an event will be triggered when levainfg the ebon hawk with them in your party once a point in your dialogue has been reached that will lead to one, if not more chracter related sidequests)

this does not include the many many sidequests found on each planet. so i don't see how anyone can get through this in under 30 hours without a) a walkthrough or b)missing alot.

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

Mine have been around 25 hours each, doing everything.

yeah, thats ridiculous !! have you consulted a waljkthrough ? You just cant get through the whole game in that time unless you skip most of the dialog, never race a swoop and pass on all the SQs......

MTFWBYA

I'm on my first time through, and am purpously NOT doing everything (for example, Canderous' side-quest, as I hardly ever

take him with me. In fact, I'm now on Tatooine, where I went to

right after Dantooine, and he hasn't been off the Ebon Hawk since

we got it. I think it's because I'm playing Light-Side and prefer

to have Bastilla and either Juhani or Carth with me.). That way,

I'll have something new to do next time, when I spend more time

with different characters. 18 1/2 hrs. in, on my 3rd planet, and

just getting started there.

I have no doubt telling everyone that I have finished in 28-29 hours.

However,I have been missing a lot of the side quests,although I know it's a big part of the game I didn't do that much side quests as I don't see not much of a reward being given away.That,IMHO,is one of KotOR's flaws:not enough motivation(personally,for me).I usually do side quests for reward.

Anyway,I've clocked in 27 hours.But I can't understand how a person spent more than 30 hours and is yet still a lv12 Jedi Consular.

65 First time.

I thought it would never end, at a certain point in the game the enemy ceased to be a problem, I simply swatted them aside, sometimes I had fun and took a swipe to finish them off with the sabre. More bosses would have been better, lots more minions to slaughter, and more equipment and guns :D

well, i would guess you are in possession of a detailed walkthrough. either that or you are laboring under some pretty large delusions. :)

seriously if you have to figure out the proper course of a conversation for every quest, main and side, for your particular alignment, for every mainquest and sidequest, as well as figuring out where you have to go and who you have to talk to and what you have to find and where you have to find it, all on your own, with no guided help, it is impossible to finish in under 30 hours having done every possible sidequest and having had every possible conversation. it's just not physically possible. unless you click your way through every conversation, knowing what to say on every occasion. and the only way to do that is with a walkthrough.

so once again, either you are missing a mighty big chunk of the game and don't know it, or you have had some very detailed help through the game. :)

let's see... yesterday I started over again (fourth time playing)

started at: 13.00 hours

went to bed at: 01.00 hours

minus one hour of dinner = 11 hours of playing

today I started at 11.00 hours

I went over to my friends at 12.00 hours

I came back home at 18.00 and launched the game

I finished the game at 23.00 hours

minus one hour of dinner = 5 hours of playing

so that's 16 hours of playing, missing maybe one or two minor quests... new ones I discovered and completed this time round were the Sunry, Dustil Onasi, Bastila's Mom, and Genoharadan quests. The only quest that I heard of that I haven't done yet is the Griff quest (Mission's brother).

ahhh yes. but just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it's not there.

and if we are going off the premise of hearing about quests, then we are saying that you are being guided as to your quests. i am talking about people who play the game through on their own discovering things in an rpg game the way they should be found. talking to everybody in a trial and error fashion.

and if you're saying you completed the game in 16 hours, you are missing so many quests it's not funny. i can guarantee there are at least 100 quests in this game total. if not more. i know of at least 70 i counted up in my quest log before going to the unknown world, and that does not include the ones that disappear when moving on in the game to another planet, as many from taris and dantooine did. so if there are 100 quests and you played 16 hours. then you spent 9.6 minutes on each quest. and i'm sorry if to me that sounds like you missed quite a bit, as such a feat would be impossible.

well my first time round it took me a healthy 55 hours to complete and even then there were loads of quests I hadn't done yet...

the quests that I didnt do last time that I can name from the top of my head are:

Taris; All the bounties and The Promised Land

Dantooine; Mandalorians, Elise's Droid, and Sasha

Tatooine; None, I've done everything there... unless Missions Brother is on Tatooine then that's the only I skipped

Kashyyyk; Eli Gand and Bacca's Blade. I played darkside so I just killed Freyyr. I did attempt at the Eli Gand quest but I found the droid before I even spoke to them about Matton's situation so Eli prevented me from showing the droid to Matton.

Manaan; Mercenary Investigation, and the Selkath Youth quest

Korriban; None. I've done everything on Korriban.

Yavin; Uhh... quests? I just killed all the Trandoshans the fourth time I went there... and bought the crystals.

Unknown World; Did everything.

so yeah you could say I missed quite some stuff... but nothing i hadn't done before...

No matter what, KOTOR is the one of the longest lasting games I have ever played. The only other game I have played that rivals KOTOR in playing time is Diablo 2. But then I haven't played many RPG's apart from those two.

I'm still on my first time through. I've been to Taris, Dantooine, Kashyyyk and Tatooine. Just starting Manaan. I'm at 43 hrs or something. I can't have missed much of the side quests, if any, as I consequently talk to everyone and explore different dialouge options. When I'm finished, I will of course play it through two or three more times. The replay value is fantastic!

yes FFX was wonderful about taking forever. of course if you took the time to try to dodge 100 lightning bolts in a row, and beat the chocobo lady with the correct time; what was it? i knew it was really low and i thought it was impossible until i relaized all you had to do was get the right amount of ballons to subtract enough off your time(of course dodging all those d@mn birds). in a way swoop racing reminded me of the chocobo racing in FFX. but the ultimate weapons sidequests took forever in FFX

Originally posted by tuskenguy

geez samus you need to play some FF games...IX took me about 120 hours doing everything i could find...X took me about 150..

Sheesh ! How can you tell Samus he needs give Final Fantasy a go....dont you recognise his avatar !!!! (or mine for that matter!!!)

(Samus' avatar is Squall Lionheart, FF8, for all those kids who are curious; Mine is Kuja, dragon riding bad guy of FF9) :cool:

MTFBWYA

finished in 19.4 hours

took 4 days

i admit i rushed through it but i did all the swoop races (i always win) died only 2 times and didnt read a walkthrough

but i did read some strategy thing for feats and skills which was useless cuz all they said was lies like there is no point in maxing out double weapons because at level 2 it halves it but at level 3 it only lowers it by 1 which is BS cuz this game deals in low numbers and 1 attack point can help alot

Archived