Home

Where can I get all the hacking tools?

James Isaac

I used to have all these cool random SCUMM hacking tools I downloaded from LucasHcks. But I can't find them anywhere now :(

There were SMUSH viewers, sound rippers and loads of other stuff. Is there anywhere else I can get that.

And also, on SCUMMRev, there was the article about how to get the patched version of Grim Fandango you can mess around with. Where is the article, and where is the file?

(PS. Is LucasHacks coming back?)

ScummRev2 from Lucashacks

AkosViewer from Lucashacks

Costume Ripper from Lucashacks

EMI Viewer 2.6, 3DO Viewer + SMUSH Player from GameFileFormats

Scumm Rev3 from me

Scumm Rev 3 Fixed Annotations from

me

CMI/Grim Debug Patch from me

Inside the engine article here

Serge's VIMA Compressor from here

John_Doe's EMI Mesh Viewer from here

Resource File Creator And Dumper and Index File Viewer from me

Scumm16 from me

Also, SCUMMRev 2 actually used to crash the IDE whenever you compiled it. Oh yes, those were the days. The last 10 or so versions of it were compiled in the command line compiler. The source is the worst I've ever - not only written - but also seen.

Why finish SCUMMRev 3? Why not just use Scummex?

- Serge

Originally posted by ThunderPeel2001

I cannee find a trace of it their website! :(

That's because we're evil lazy people. We have all kinds of wonderful cool things I never bother mentioning on the website... like Residual, ScummEX, and the famous VaporWare SCUMM compiler.

Anyway, seriously, ScummEX is only available from CVS in source form. Maybe if I actually spend the hours I've been meaning to and clean it up, we'll do a release or at least start doing snapshots.

Archived