Home

WIP: AT-PT

LightNinja

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! AT-PT walker, cool!

a walking cycle for a two leged vehicle is damn difficle. to look realistic it needs to have a dynamic equipoise. if you take a look at ravens AT-ST, the "hips" are moving dynamicly sidewise to keep the centre of mass above the standing leg. and if you have such a fitting walking cycle, you have to add a >standtowalk< and >walktostand< animations on how to get from standing on both legs to this dynamic equipose movement.

on each leg the AT-PT needs at lest one ball-and-socket joint, like hips on the human body. (so we can shake our back:)) looking at the blueprints i am not sure if the AT-PT realy has such a joint, but for a dynamic equipose movement it needs to have one.

btw, make sure you dont mirrored the bones, for ex. mirroring the right leg to the left. creat every bone individualy befor starting to animate or you get hell of difficultes. believe me!

its difficlult but this will be a realy cool model!

Also it needs to be smoothed out. I'm hoping your not done.

The feet need bones and animating to look like gravity is effecting them.

I'd also do some research into the way mechwarriors move.

You think that is bad. Try animating the Acklay. I had to do research into bat and crab movement. And had to animate a modified alternate tripod movement.

I'm going back now and reanimating everything again because I really want it realistic. Hope Monsoontide can wait a little.

Well I never bothered every getting Force Commander, but have seen alot of stuff about it. Ive mostly just played the Rouge Squadron games. I hope we are able to get those weapons to work as said from the blue print of the AT-PT. I actually have that book, theres alot of neat vehicles in it. Alot would be great to make for JA.

Yeah Zappa, Duncan, you are right about the dynamic equipoise, but i've seen in Rouge Squad that the AT-PTs are fasters than AT-ST so the dynamic equipoise is not very pronuncied because the legs move quicker so it dont needs the same dynamic equipoise than AT-ST i think, but it needs one anyway lol =P

Archived