Home

WIP: AT-PT

LightNinja

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as an idea the droid NPC tag that goes on vehicles homes in on enemies I beleive. Or it may be turret tags. I can't recall off hand. But it would be a neat idea to modify your front gun to take advantage of this. making it swivel to point at enemies on its own.

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

EDIT: BTW, how's the skining going?

Is going., but remember that im not a great skinner, so i dont know how the atpt will look at the end

kesire, i know what u mean but i think that the model will only move the head like atst; and, will u release that model of your avatar? =^P

The model needs some tweaking still, like the scale, the origin and the parts that will move when looking up or down. But the rest is pretty much done.

Thanks tFighter for the tip on the bone thing and thanks Lightninja to lemme help you on this one, you know how much I like to on the frontpage, lol, just kidding.

Anyhow, one piece of advice for all the modellers out there: when modelling a new vehicle or character, do not mess with the scale and position on the global space inside the 3d editor. You can fix that, and you must fix that during compile time by selecting a scale and origin. You must edit the .car file and add a line like this "$scale 0.5" or whatever scale do you want between 0 and 1.

As long as the origin concerns, well, it's only necesary when you are compiling you own skeleton. If you are compiling a model using an existing .gla file you cannot override the scale.

don't worry about tfighter, the kid seems to be gifted when it comes to expressing the truth. The guy never hesitated to tell me I was screwing things up with the ATPT, lol.

He would go like -Hey! It's all wrong! It was better in the first place when I did it!-.

And when I finally got it working, he went -Yeah, well, you did what I told you to-.

Corto, i think that the body should move with the head, not the head on her own; and look at the face, you mixed the head with the sub_head and there are 2 verts that look wrong, put them correctly (i think that you will see what i mean) becuz with that wrong verts the skin won't look good :p

It looks great so far. Besides, Duncan isn't a great skinner, nevertheless he made the skin for his first 2 vehicles (don't know about the rest)

Man, i also have started know how to make textures, so forget that the skin will look like NeoMarzs or Duncans models lol

Archived