Home

r-e-s-p-e-c-t...

RicardoLuigi...

is there a respect issue on this forum?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. is there a respect issue on this forum?

• definitely. people need to not be as sarcastic or mean to other people.
    • sort of... some people are treated bad and some are very mean, but the everyone else is fine.
    • nah. some people are mean, but a little bit of mean is good for discussion.
    • not at all. nobody is disrespectful and nobody is ever given a lack of respect.
    • Disrespectful DJG

well...i'm making this thread because i personally feel like there needs to be a little bit more respect in the forum. i constantly feel like just because i'm younger than everyone else here or because people just don't like me for whatever reason, i get treated like crap. and i know that other people here as well are treated badly as well. not only that, there are specific people who try and humiliate everyone and are sarcastic. i don't necessarily think it's as bad as it was before, but i still think some work needs to be done. i know that it seems like if people aren't that way and everyone is just straightforward with everything, the whole forum will be dry, but i do think it's possible to carry on a discussion without someone saying something that is combative or basically just destroys the entire thread.

i don't know if anybody feels the same way as i do that some people get very little respect, but i think that and so i'm posting this thread to tell everybody that that is what i feel like this forum is like.

if anybody feels like posting, just say if you think that there definitely needs to be more respect for certain people, if people need to cut out their sarcasm and whatever, or anything relevant to this topic.

I didn't actually know you were that young. Seriously.

Hmm, could this be seen as a self ego boosting thread? Of course if I were to close the thread, it could be a sign of disrespect, and of course we don't want that now do we?:D

Oh, and it's pretty clear that when you say people are treating you with disrespect, you are actually just refering to the mods, in which case please post your quips on the feedback forum to pm one of us. thankyou.

this thread isn't a self-ego boosting thread or anything...i'm sure that many people agree with me that people need to have a little bit more respect for other people around here. and i'm not really referring to the mods. or at least not now, anyway. before there was a huge problem with disrespect from mods, but now everybody's fine.

and if there is a misunderstanding...then maybe people should be clearer in their posts what their tone is. because i know sometimes if someone doesn't mean to say something in a mean or nasty tone, it can still come off that way...kind of like this:

well, what do you think?

as opposed to:

well, what do you think?

i don't know how that could be overcome...but i'm sure it could be done :) if that's what you're meaning...and if you're not then i don't get it.

nah. some people are mean, but a little bit of mean is good for discussion.

Quit Whining. Only reason people are mean to you is because of your Pop Culture threads. Just make one and keep everything pop culture in that thread.

Yeah, like ptdc said "Respect is earnt, now shut up."

Originally posted by ptdc

Respect is earnt, now shut up.

Who else thinks that that should be the name of our forum, no seriously?

But yeah, the answer to Das's thread in a nutshell. In fact, I should close this now, but because of certain responses, I can see this becomeing interesting (with possibly a nervous breakdown)

He's 13.;)

I don't really think there's a respect issue in here. Some people are, admittably, a bit mean sometimes, but mostly people know how to behave. Besides, a bit of mean is fun, just as long as it stays that way.

As to giving false impressions with posts, I think it's mostly in the "eye of the beholder". Most people don't mean to be mean, it just sort of happens. Therefore I'd advise people to just ignore these and continue posting.

P.S. If I've somehow upset anybody by saying weird or inappropriate things, I'm sorry. I'm still studying english in school, and certain idiomatic expressions still escape me. I'm not mean, I just don't know any better.

Originally posted by Branik

P.S. If I've somehow upset anybody by saying weird or inappropriate things, I'm sorry. I'm still studying english in school, and certain idiomatic expressions still escape me. I'm not mean, I just don't know any better.

Dude, you're better than most the guys here whose first language is english.

And I think Thrik was referring to his mental age, that's all that really counts on these forums.

And acrylic, I'm sorry, but your just not that special. I'm afraid it's only 5 for you.

Shivermetimbers, which forum name were you refering to, the current one, or the recommended one?

well...if my age really makes no difference and it's all about my personality or the threads i make then why didn't anybody bother to close the two pop culture threads? i even asked for someone to close both of them, yet nobody did...so if nobody wants me to make a topic like that again then i won't.

and now i see that the problem (most of the time) is a basic misunderstanding in what's being said and that most people don't want to be mean, but somehow it comes out looking like it to certain people.

okay, this case has been solved. close this one too if you don't want to talk anymore or whatever.

Originally posted by Ernil

Remi: Brand spankin new New-Years Resolution - Rename our forum to the wonderful and improved "Respect is Earnt, So Shut Up."

I second that motion! Delete me is boring.

And das, if it helps at all, I always thought you were about 18 before I heard your true age. You're not that childish as one would think looking merely at the physical age.:D

Originally posted by SamNMax

I think I'm the mean, sarcastic one.

Too bad I don't care.

*(Cuts off SamNMax's head.)*

*(Kicks it around, laughing.)*

Well, don't look at me. :dozey: Everyone else was thinking the exact same thing...

*(Adds one head to his tally.)*

*Edited by Neil Joshi before he realised he was meant to quote from and pressed the wrong button, damn you mod powers!*

*Further edited by bored rabbit to completely muck up the brain of anyone reading this. Damn the french black market!*

;)

Archived