Home

So, let's talk about me...

BooJaka

Ok people, I need your help! Having completed Broken Sword II earlier today (which may I say is truly and awesome game, go get it), I now have a hankering for more games to play. So far I've narrowed it down to four contenders which I can easily get:

• The Longest Journey
  • Broken Sword III
  • Syberia
  • Runaway

But here's where I stop. I have no idea which one I should get! So please let me know which one I'd be stupid not to get and why. Make it snappy too, the january sales don't last forever ;

I thought Broken Sword 3 was a lot better than The Longest Journey. TLJ was a little too long-winded for me, I didn't find the dialogue or the story very interesting. However, BS3 was a little short, and lacking in the puzzle-area. Both are good though.

If you're looking for a more puzzling game, with puzzles, choose TLJ. If you're looking for an exciting story and "snappy" dialogue, get Broken Sword 3. Unless you absolutely despise crate-puzzles.

I see, thank you very much. The demo seems pretty actiony, I had to push and crate and jump and climb over ledges. Is the rest of the game like that?

Also, the only demo for Syberia I've been able to find doesn't work. It says it's corrupted. Any idea where I can get one that works?

Just so not to keep you all in suspence I decided to get The Longest Journey since I've been meaning to get it since it game out (which is a lot longer than I've been meaning to get the other games) and I managed to get it from Ebay at a total of £5.50

Thanks for your help and check out the second installment of this post in a month or so.

Archived