Home

Luke must be slipping... [spoilers]

rccar328

I just got JA for Christmas, and I thought of something while in Darth Vader's old castle. In my first time through, I'm trying to restrain myself and stick to the light side...but while fighting with Kyle I saw him running around using grip and lightning, which the game holds as dark powers. Now, I got a question about this business:

What's Luke doing letting a guy like this teach new recruits?

The Luke character comes across as holding training and discipline above all in achieving status as a light Jedi Master, and the last thing he wants is to create another Desann by letting one of his students go astray. So why would he let someone like Kyle, who's borderline light, train new recruits? Or at the very least, if Kyle can be a light Master and zap people with lightning, WHY THE HECK CAN'T I???

it just doesn't seem right...

Originally posted by rccar328

I just got JA for Christmas, and I thought of something while in Darth Vader's old castle. In my first time through, I'm trying to restrain myself and stick to the light side...but while fighting with Kyle I saw him running around using grip and lightning, which the game holds as dark powers. Now, I got a question about this business:

What's Luke doing letting a guy like this teach new recruits?

The Luke character comes across as holding training and discipline above all in achieving status as a light Jedi Master, and the last thing he wants is to create another Desann by letting one of his students go astray. So why would he let someone like Kyle, who's borderline light, train new recruits? Or at the very least, if Kyle can be a light Master and zap people with lightning, WHY THE HECK CAN'T I???

it just doesn't seem right...

Because (in jk2) kyle has the power to learn and use both light and dark powers and still remains on the light.

Even in ROTJ, luke uses grip on one of those creatures when he came to rescue Han.

Ah...The Uber Jedi (I loved that in DF2) It seems that a few have sucessfully managed to walk that thin line between dark and light, Kyle and Luke being two. Like one above me mentioned, when Luke entered Jabba's palace to rescue his friends, he choked the door men that wouldn't allow him to enter. His intentions, though, were pure (saving his beloved friends). It does seem to do with the ammount of usage though, because they [seem] to be saying that it doesn't matter your intent, it will start you on your pathway to becoming an "Agent of Evil." ("...Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny...") Sometimes things go wrong (Luke in Dark Empire) but hopefully, can turn for the better (afterwards) But perhaps, it doesn't matter... maybe Luke has the mentality "I am above the law!" Think about that ;)

Ive just finished reading "The Unifying Force"(the final NJO book), I was quite impressed with Luke.....(njo spoilers to follow)

using double sabers in a nifty move he decapitates the Yuuzhan Vng overlord, Shimmra.....

but yes, his role in JA was a bit disappointing, at least we got to fight alongside him for a little while in JO

MTFWBYA

Archived