Home

Deathmatch: Bastila Shan vs Jolee Bindo

-NGE-

Does experience come with the years or is the youth once more the future  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Does experience come with the years or is the youth once more the future

• Bastila Shan
    • Jolee Bindo

hmmm. well, it was just a joke. i hope no one out there truly gets turned on by polygons.

that aside why is it that you think bastila's supposed to be stronger. jolee was actually made a jedi, while bastila is still a padawan. i know she has her battle meditation power, but what good does that really do against jedi. all jedi-mind powers work only on the weak-minded.

then we have the experience issue. we have one who fought through the war with exar kun, and one who only recently joined the fight in the latest war with the sith.

the only thing i can see putting jolee at a disadvantage is the fact that he is a consular, while bastila is a sentinel. so were it to come down to a purely physical fight, he would probably lose. but is any fight between jedi purely physical?

lol yeah jolee does have some hilarious conversation but to me it also seems he's the most real person of the entire gang... he doesn't need no jedi council to tell him which is good or bad... he trusts his own instincts cos he feels that joining either the jedi or sith wont change what you are inside... plus he considers both extremes wrong... which is also my way of looking at things...

and HK-47 has the most hilarious lines :D

- "Statement: because I hate all meatbags, with the exception of the master, of course."

- "..if you feel your meatbag skills are up to the task.."

- "Query: shall I begin blasting, master?"

he's the best! :D

Originally posted by eidospsogos

hmmm. well, it was just a joke. i hope no one out there truly gets turned on by polygons.

that aside why is it that you think bastila's supposed to be stronger. jolee was actually made a jedi, while bastila is still a padawan. i know she has her battle meditation power, but what good does that really do against jedi. all jedi-mind powers work only on the weak-minded.

then we have the experience issue. we have one who fought through the war with exar kun, and one who only recently joined the fight in the latest war with the sith.

the only thing i can see putting jolee at a disadvantage is the fact that he is a consular, while bastila is a sentinel. so were it to come down to a purely physical fight, he would probably lose. but is any fight between jedi purely physical?

I thought you didn't mean it as a joke :D

Anyway, perhaps my real reason for saying she's stronger then Jolee is simply the AI problems. Jolee's a consular and he keeps running up against 20 enemies even if I tell him to go Jedi Support. He's the character that died the most often for me. Bastilla at least can handle herself.

one thing that has always bothered me, and this isnt an AI problem but your comment on carth made me think of that eidospsogos, is the fact that droids also seem to have an off hand. Which means putting points in the dual wield feat while those three points are much better spent in other feats... but I really like HK-47 with dual mandalorian blasters, and as an assassin droid he should be able to wield them with near perfection... but he doesnt...

He's a consular. He's not supposed to run up against 20 enemies. He still does it.

I'm not talking about character specific AI problems. At least Carth has enough strength to go to point blank(although you really don't want him to do that.

As for HK-47. I think he's more of a sniper then some droid that simply runs up its opponent with dual pistols. That's why if you use the auto lvl up, he'll eventually get master sniper shot.

well as far as i'm concerned just because one character is better suited to the stupidity of the ai in this scripting system doesn't diminish the fact that every last one of your characters is stupid unless you are in direct control of them.

so carth can take more punishment when his stupid course of action is dictated by the idiotic ai script commands. that in no way lessens the idiocy of the system.

character classes are different for a reason. and what i was attempting to point out, regardless of who was better suited to getting chopped at, is that if you have someone equipped with dual blasters or any ranged weapon, there should be a script that will keep the character at a distance. just as there should be a script that keeps primnarily force-wielding jedi at a distance. (and don't say jedi-support, because that's s#!t ....when i turned it on jolee just stood there and did nothing)

if you want a script driven supporting character system that's fine. just design a good one please. or maybe a decent one.

i have found that when your party member has blasters if you target an enemy that is blocked by a wall or door isntead of moving to possition where they can get a clear shot the run right up to the enemy and get there head lopped off by an angry wookie with a vibroblade:p

also i have come across several places where there are invisible walls in the middle of a corridor and your character has to go backwards then turn around again:confused:

i have seen errors like this. but i don't think it's invisible walls as much as it bugs with the combat system again. or even with the game itself. as i have given a character facing away from a footlocker the command to open it. the character then proceeded to run 6 feet from it before turning around coming back and opening it. things like this happen all the time.

i can't count how many times i've gone into combat with both my characters no less than one foot from me, and when i swap to a supporting character to give them commands, all of a sudden that character is magically teleported miles away to the other side of the map. i have found this teleport bug in so many areas by now though, that it can't be loaction specific.

yeah ive had that teleport bug a few times too. once my character teleported inside a chair and had to reload

but then again this game is pretty new so give it some time to get the proper patching treatment just as long as it doesnt end up like JA

anyway lets get back on topic shall we?:)

Archived