Home

KotOR Script Compiler (download)

ah, well that's good to know. boy alot more's getting done than i thought would. everyone at the bioware forums was acting like the law would be coming down on anyone who even discussed modding. like you'd make your post and all of a sudden the police would be at your door.

• 9 months later...
Originally posted by Darth333

This is too true. That was the good old times when everything had to be done...without you, Fred, HazardX, Eiz and cchargin, this community would not exist :) Thanks!

Agreed.

And even though HazardX may never see this thanks just the same.

I am currently re-writing nwnnsscomp to make up for some shortcomings in it's command-line parser that make it difficult (or messy) to call from another program.

Back when I got the source, which was before I started on Kotor Tool, I didn't realize that only a simple un-checked option in my Visual Studio .NET installation was all that kept me from compiling it. Last night I managed to build the original source and get it to compile the nwscript.nss for Neverwinter Nights. I also did not realize that all it took was 4 lines of code had to be added or changed to make it work with KotOR to the point that I can build my KotOR scripts :D :D

This may be an ambitious effort, but if there are feature requests that anyone has, make them, and I'll see what I can do. Don't bother asking for a GUI, I have already addressed that in the version of Kotor Tool currently in development.

Originally posted by Darth333

This is too true. That was the good old times when everything had to be done...without you, Fred, HazardX, Eiz and cchargin, this community would not exist :) Thanks!

Wow, i've never noticed that my Tool (well... my portation of Torlack's tool) is still important for the modding community.

Originally posted by T7nowhere

And even though HazardX may never see this thanks just the same.

*wipes tears out of his eyes* Thanks to everyone for all this appreciation. :D

@Fred Tetra: Good Luck with your Tool. :)

• 3 years later...

Hello.

Could you please explain how you get this to work? I read on a modding forum on Filefront that this tool is essential for compiling .nss files into .ncs ones so that dialogue(.dlk) files can execute them, yes?

Well, according to the compiler's readme, the compiler files(.exe and .bat) go in the Kotor II maiin folder, and will compile all .nss files present in the Override folder. I've got that right, yes?

Well, I double-clicked the compiler's .exe file, but that did nothing at all. So I did the same to the .bat file. It threw up a window saying that it's unable to find Neverwinter Nights(I know, it uses the same sourcecode as the NW compiler, but I'm assuming I don't need to own that game as well to use this), and it said "press any key to continue..."

...So I did, and the window closed. It hasn't done anytthing to the .nss file, and no new .ncs file has been created.

Can you help please?

Thanks.

Hi, HazardX.

Thanks for replying.

Hmmm. Not sure if it works for KotoR II you say. Well, I followed a link from a TSL modding forum to this very thread. The link said that this tool of yours is what one has to use in order to compile scripts... so it led me to conjecture that KotoR II scripters have been using it. :(

I guess if not, it begs the question, what tool DO KotoR II scripters use for compiling their .nss files into .ncs ones?

In the sticky of THIS forum, there's a link to a tool by Fred Tatra. I found it AFTER trying with your tool, which is why I haven't yet posted in his thread, as I was waiting for a reply in here. In any case, I know that his tool IS designed for KotoR II... but using his program I still had no success. It seems to do nothing at all. I followed his instructions to the best of my ability - though I must confess I found a great deal of what's written in that thread fairly incomprehensible - but once again, running the .exe did nothing, and the running the .bat just says it can't find any files, not even the game. :(

• 3 years later...

Hey everyone. I've been attempting to compile using this tool and it was working fine up until a few minutes ago, now it says: Unable to locate or open Never Winter Night.

EDIT: Alright, I got it to work again. But it was by restoring a copy of the KotOR directory I had made to test out a TC mod. Is there a better solution, that doesn't involve me keeping that folder there forever?

Archived