Home

Portals Hint and so on

Livingdeadjedi

This is a complicated one but.....

In Jedi Outcast Hint brushes and area portals were the norm.

But in Jedi Academy Hint brushes dont seem to do anything, and we have shaders like Terrain, inside and outside.

What do these do ?

Ive also been using CODradiant for Call of duty game and in that you have PortalNODRAW for placeing in outside areas

what is the equivelent of a portal no draw in Jedi Academy

E.G a brush you place outside in a door of an outside hut so it acts like a hint brush and ya dont need to fog ya level

Wrong forum, LDJ. ;)

What do you mean, they don't work in JA? Have you tried turning on r_showtris to see if they created a split?

CoD is a bit different, because it doesn't use a PVS for visibilty determination like other Q3 games do. It just uses some straight up portals.

E.G a brush you place outside in a door of an outside hut so it acts like a hint brush and ya dont need to fog ya level

Huh? Hint brushes are for forcing BSP splits, making more leaf nodes, letting you create a tighter visibility list. Areaportals you put inside doors so anything beyond the door isn't drawn when the door is closed...

The inside and outside shaders are for weather. You can use inside to mark one area as inside, and the weather system assumes everything else is outdoors, and puts weather effects in it. With outside, it only puts weather effects in those areas. Terrain, uh, probably something for ARIOCHE terrain, haven't looked into that yet.

What exactly is it that you want to do?

LOL i did put it in wrong thread didnt i HEHE

well i just wanted to know what they did as the hint brushes i used in my latest map dont seem to work as usual...

the area portals work fine though

OH and i use GTK radiant the new version for use with Jediacademy

oh by the way has q3map2 been given jk3 support yet ??

Archived