Home

this makes me mad!

Pie™

my brother and i have lots of star wars toys...

these are my pride, and i love 'em :)

they are collectibles, and most of them are unavailable in norway :)

at some occations our family and loads of other families get together, often like a party. When thes 'partys' are at our house loads of small kids come over, and they all want to play with my precious figures.

Me and my brother always says no, but my mom gets mad and says stuff like; "It's only toys!" and "they'll clean it up, they won't break any of them."

:|

Every single time after everyone have left, all the toys are spread around the house, numerous of them are either broken or smeared with grease (from potato chips), and most of the weapons are gone/broken.:mad:

Yesterday (new years eve) we had a 'party' like this, and today i found lots of figures eveywere. i'm afraid many of the weapons have gone in the vacum cleaner, or possibly eaten by the smallest kids.

I say OMFG!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

argh, i hate those gatherings :mad:

anyone experienced anything like this? :confused: I hope not, for your sake...

i know how you feel....my nephew likes to play with my collectable Jeff Gordon cars and he broke the wheel off of one the day and it totally sucks....my cousins put red marks on my toys to show where the toys have been "cut" and they rip everything apart....so i know your pain MMMPIE.....ive lost a many toys to the young ones and such.... :mad: :mad:

Ugh, all this makes me glad my cousins are teenagers now and my friends don't break my toys anymore. I used to dread whenever my younger cousins came over to my house. I had to put any and all toys I valued out of reach from them, a task made increasingly difficult as they grew older. I didn't have any video games at the time and the few computer games I had were too complex for them, so I couldn't get them hooked on a screen. Invariably, they always got ahold of something I didn't want them to get, and sometimes it got abused a bit.

Around the same time, I had some (former) friends who just couldn't come over to my house without breaking a toy or two. One broke them because he played roughly with them. (he broke two NES systems that he had because of a nasty tendancy to pound on them when he got frustrated trying to beat a level)

The other "friend" had far more devious reasons. He comes from a family where material wealth is a status symbol. They're so bad that they refuse to treat less fortunate individuals as equals. Unfortunately, the parents poisoned their children's minds at an early age.

Often times (on the few occasions they let him come over to my house) their son would break my toys under the guise of performing "experiments" in order to "see how they worked." In reality, he was just coming up with an excuse to make sure his family had more stuff than we did. His sister was no better. She went to a friends house and discovered that her friend had gotten new Barbie dolls. She ended up breaking every single Barbie doll there and told her friend "There! Now we're even!"

Fortunately, I no longer have to deal with the aforementioned friends. Additionally, my cousins have taken a liking to video games. With an N64 and a Gamecube now, I have no trouble keeping them occupied. Besides, they're old enough now that they wouldn't break my stuff anyway.

Come on people, can't we stand up for our rights here?

First thing to do is tell your parents or the kids how you feel, and how important the toys are to you. Compare them to something that is valuable to your parents, like say a piece of jewelry, and then explain to them that when your toys are damaged/destroyed you feel just as sick/sad as if the piece of jewelry was broken. I'm sure your parents will eventually see through this and understand your reasoning. The world is sometimes harsh, stand up for yourself.

Originally posted by Semicolon

Heck just buy 2 copies of the figure...Keep on in the packiging and stick it on your wall and then play with the other one or whatever it is that you do....

as i stated in my first post, you cant get them in norway, where i live :(

Originally posted by Semicolon

You can't buy them online either?? Yikes! That's too bad...Come to the US for the summer then and buy all that you can :D Then take em back to Norway and tell all your friends what a great country we are..LOL.

:xp:

i dont really like to think of the price online, including shippin...

I actually bought all my figures in the US some years ago when i lived there ;)

Originally posted by DarkLord60

Ouch I remember those days but thats why I would leave them in the package so your parents know how much they mean to you.

DO'H! :eek:

stupid, stupid me!!! *hits himself*

hmmm... maybe if i glue them back in... :p

((YAY 400th post :D ))

Hell yeah, I know how you feel. :mad: Yesterday, a family came over with a 1-year old boy, a 3-year old girl and a 7-year-old boy. The 3-year old girl was quiet and I didn't worry about her. I just didn't like the 7-year old who I had to take care of. He turned out to be the least of my troubles.

I have a container with drawers where I keep all my small Lego pieces. I organize them by type: weapons in one drawer, hinges in another etc. It took me days to organize them. So anyway, I had put them up ontop of the bookcase, out of reach of the toddler. I was upstairs with the 7-year old when I heard a HUGE crash. I ran downstairs to see my whole container toppled on the ground, Lego sprayed everywhere. the 1-year old had climbed up the bookcase and pulled down the container. I was so friggin mad, I started crying, and believe me, I don't cry a lot. My mom just yelled at me, saying we should be "courteous". :mad:

:swear:

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

Hell yeah, I know how you feel. :mad: Yesterday, a family came over with a 1-year old boy, a 3-year old girl and a 7-year-old boy. The 3-year old girl was quiet and I didn't worry about her. I just didn't like the 7-year old who I had to take care of. He turned out to be the least of my troubles.

I have a container with drawers where I keep all my small Lego pieces. I organize them by type: weapons in one drawer, hinges in another etc. It took me days to organize them. So anyway, I had put them up ontop of the bookcase, out of reach of the toddler. I was upstairs with the 7-year old when I heard a HUGE crash. I ran downstairs to see my whole container toppled on the ground, Lego sprayed everywhere. the 1-year old had climbed up the bookcase and pulled down the container. I was so friggin mad, I started crying, and believe me, I don't cry a lot. My mom just yelled at me, saying we should be "courteous". :mad:

That is some messed up crap yo.

I understand your rage. I would've been mad too.

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

And by some evil hex he goes straight for the container, I think your jynxed man...

Archived