Home

this makes me mad!

Pie™

Originally posted by IG-64

my mother's friend has an autistic son... you can't really feel sorry for him when he destroys everything in the house....

But its still your property, and you should have the right to set limits/rules on it. I'm sure you all should be smart/confident enough to come up with some good reasonings.

my mother's friend has an autistic son... you can't really feel sorry for him when he destroys everything in the house....

He'll get over that habit. If he doesn't, talk to 'im and try to help 'im find a way to calm down. If that doesn't work, try bribery. Try to find some sort of way to resolve this kid's problem. Those are the only things I'm sure would work, being since I am also sort of autistic.

I sort of know what it feels like to have your figures destroyed, Pie. I've saved over my little brother's save files and saw how he would react, and vice versa. So to say (and I hope I'm not sounding like I'm some sort of psychologist), it's a good thing that you expressed your anger.

when my niece and nephew come to visit the toys above my computer are hands off. they are my 10 inch Yoda, my Lenore the cute little dead girl doll, my virtual spooky voodoo doll what squeaks, my filler bunny in his cryogenic capsule, and my 3 Invader Zim plush toys. they can have anyhting else, but not these.

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

Hell yeah, I know how you feel. :mad: Yesterday, a family came over with a 1-year old boy, a 3-year old girl and a 7-year-old boy. The 3-year old girl was quiet and I didn't worry about her. I just didn't like the 7-year old who I had to take care of. He turned out to be the least of my troubles.

I have a container with drawers where I keep all my small Lego pieces. I organize them by type: weapons in one drawer, hinges in another etc. It took me days to organize them. So anyway, I had put them up ontop of the bookcase, out of reach of the toddler. I was upstairs with the 7-year old when I heard a HUGE crash. I ran downstairs to see my whole container toppled on the ground, Lego sprayed everywhere. the 1-year old had climbed up the bookcase and pulled down the container. I was so friggin mad, I started crying, and believe me, I don't cry a lot. My mom just yelled at me, saying we should be "courteous". :mad:

:swear:

Mayobe you should be "courteous" with their car next time. ;)

he only came over once, but that was enough, I had so much trouble trying to keep him away from everything my mom ended up paying me a couple bucks when he left.

Well, I guess that's a fair enough solution, then. :sweat:

Originally posted by ZBomber

Semi - Pay aton of money to buy doubles for some kids to destroy them? Not really solving the problem...... Besides, they look better opened. ;)

MMMPIE, send me your collection via PM. I'm curious. ^_^

Action figures are what.. 5 bucks? I said play with them or whatever...Not destory them Z :D

Originally posted by jebbers

i know how you feel....my nephew likes to play with my collectable Jeff Gordon cars and he broke the wheel off of one the day and it totally sucks....my cousins put red marks on my toys to show where the toys have been "cut" and they rip everything apart....so i know your pain MMMPIE.....ive lost a many toys to the young ones and such.... :mad: :mad:

the gordo car prolly deserved it:p

"Action figures are what.. 5 bucks? I said play with them or whatever...Not destory them Z "

Aye, but the action figs can break rather easy.

Pie, just tell me some of the highlights of your collection. I like to talk with fellow collectors. ^_^

Originally posted by ZBomber

Pie, just tell me some of the highlights of your collection. I like to talk with fellow collectors. ^_^

Well, i'm not a real collector, i just have 'em for the fun of it, but still i hate it when they break...

Some highlights...hmmm... Maybe Darth Vader's Tie Fighter... thats pretty cool :)

I also have a pretty old Gran figure i found :D

I was really small when i found it, and didnt find out that it had anything to do with SW until several years later :)

• 2 weeks later...

All I can say is hide the things you treasure when you have a "gathering".

When people come around to my place and they have little kids I put then infront of our old macintosh and walk away:)

I started doing thins when one of the kids got sick from eating qui-gon's head:rolleyes:

Archived