Home

The Truth about Admin Mods...

zERoCooL2479

If none of you are familliar with me, I am cHoSeN oNe creator of Jedi Academy Mod for JK2 and JA Reloaded for Jedi Academy. My mod started with the continuation of the Vulcanus Admin Mod from a great friend and brilliant author Marcel Strik. As his time was scarce and could not code, He allowed me to take the burden of spawning a new series mod called Jedi Academy Mod which was initially for the Jedi Academy only (http://www.thejediacademy.net) As the word heard around that a "new admin mod" existed, I began receiving many requests to release the mod publicly.

Well...to make a long story short, it became a huge aspect in the way we played JK2. When the new game for PC was announce "Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy" I was very excited and began to think of new things to add to the modding/gaming community. Realizing my error in offering abusable tools for admins, I simply voided placing those commands in the new mod labeled "JA Reloaded" as the name has more than one significance.

The source code was released and I began my project immediatly, finding out there was more differences than I anticipated with the coding for JA it took longer than expected for a 1.0 version. About 5 days after source was released, a surprising "Omni Admin Mod" came about offering almost everything I have created as well as MarS in his mod. We know who this guy is (BOFH/Spectrum/LashingOut). He told me that he wanted my source code to create a mod solely for SOF2 and that he was not creating one for Jedi Academy, as the game was "horrible" in his eyes. This is Liar and plagerist #1...

Two days after that, JA+ Mod came out with similar functions as Omni and my JA Mod 1.4 for jk2; too close to the title of my mod. (as Jedi Academy Mod was simply called JA Mod for short). So now we had two admin mods about us with a well known one on its way (JA Reloaded) A few days after that, JA Reloaded 1.0 was released and was a huge success as expected. Time progressed and both Omni and JA+ Mod answered back with version after version. Looking at the features of JA+ Mod excusively, I noticed he was taking direct ideas and names from the mod I created for JK2. This is plagerist #2...

I emailed Slider about this and he said that "...all admin mod have those functions so I coded them" I quickly replied with a rebuttle stating that he was obviously taking exact things I made for jk2 and placing them in his mod for JK3. Sure, its a different game, but those are still ideas and hard work that MarS and I have created. Obviously I was going to do the same for my mod (JA Reloaded) with the absense of those abusable commands that Slider and LashingOut failed to eliminate from their mods.

Slider continued to fork out version after version to 1.5, which basically sums up all the things he can copy from my mod. (There is little left) It seems that JA+ Mod is a cheap, mirrored imitation of my mod for JK2, ported to JK3. This not only insults me and ruins my credibility, but it clearly states that Slider is nothing but a plagerist that has no talent and should be jailed for his actions.

I created this thread because I am fed up with him and LashingOut from copying me and other authors to profit their mods. It is sick and disgusts me.

If you wish to see the similarities, I will post links to all readme's of the mods, including mine soon. The war has begun and these abusable/plageristic admin mods are out of control. The only way we can stop them, is to rid of their use...their purpose. I'm going to go ahead and start a "vote no on JA+ and Omni/Revolutions". Until these authors are brought to justice or simply change their ways, real authors like MarS, Hex, Lee Oattes, RazorAce, Wudan, and myself will never be noticed for the inventiveness and creativity for the gaming community.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely

Michael J. Nohai (aka cHoSeN oNe)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the latest email I sent to Slider:

>>From: slider744@hotmail.com

>>To: chosenone@nyc.com

>

> a lot of admin cmd of my mod were in all admin mod ......

>

> some were in yours but not all.....

>

> and i coded a lot of things that are not in your JK2 mod.....

>

>

> and i planne to make also a lot of new things.....that u do not have.....

>

> in your mod,u also use admin cmd that was idea of others (admin guns,

> plenty

> of cmd f vulcanus admin mod)

>

--------------

First of all, this just shows you how much you know...NOTHING!!!

My mod was built using vulcanus source code. The author wanted me to continue the mod. Some commands? Try most (90%) of the commands are from my mod...Here is what you just stole from me thus far:

1)amterminator/unterminator

2)amwhois

3)amtele

4)amorigin

5)ampunish/unpunish

6)amnpcaccess

7)allowadminaccess

8)knight level admin (which was created cause of OUR ranking system)(http://www.thejediacademy.net)

9)amlockteam

10)amforceteam

11)amprotect

12)enabling bot_honorableduelacceptance so that its no longer cheat protected.

13)logout

14)cvar bit values for admin/knight commands.

15)amsurrender

16)amwait (i.e. amatease)

----

Things you stole from Vulcanus:

1)amempower/unempower

2)amsay

3)ampsay

4)amsilence/unsilence

5)amslap

6)amrename

7)amsleep/wake

8)amstatus

9)amlogin

10)motd/motdtime

11)broadcast/target/all messages for admin commands

12)aminfo

13)etc. (misc cvars and minor changes to gametypes)

--This is just off the top of my head. So you see this makes up about 90%+ of your features and I have yet to see one ounce of your own ideas placed in the mod. Do you even realize what you are doing? You really need to change the way you do things!!

i agree.

"Ripping" commands from other mods is lame.

Sure. JA mod just has some commands, that should be in every mod, since they are just good.

Still, i think people should ask permission from the original author to copy certain things from mods.

Ripping = lame. Copying 1 on 1 is even lamer. Come on. If you rip, AT LEAST take the time to edit the readme files, instead of copying them one on one.

Honestly, i think mods should be approved more strictly.

Of course, we can always use some new mods, but where's the creativity?

Everyone has the right to practise modding/coding. We all need to start somewhere. If you want to read the source code from the JA mod, and learn from it, that's fine imho, but dont add the same things in "your" mod, without asking, nor giving credit to the orginal author.

right. I have known c1 for nearly a year now, and i have seen his work EVEN BEFORE i applied to become a member in the JA. Me and my mates would all play the JA mod, version after version, when i relized i should join the JA...and i did. i learnt so much off the JA mod and now i hear this...hmm...pretty lame dont you you think?

copying somebody elses work just because yours isn't as successful isn't right. C1 and Mars worked 2gether then some 'newbie' thought it would be a great idea 2 copy somebody elses mod, change a few things, then say it's theirs...no way. considering i dont know C1, i still have the confidence to say that i am on his side as this is, basically, pure greed. Slider wanted to get all the glory from a few ppl...but hey, look at C1, he has thousands...millions (?) that play his mod, which i think is incredable

oh well, thats my $0.02

ps: C1 RULES!

Yes, I"ve always respected your Academy to teach people things. What you should do is to get people in your academy to understand your situation. Then, get them to go out to other servers and spread the word.

Me, I'm a dishonest man and a dishonest man u can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest one u want to look out for.

It truly is sad when you rip commands from someone else cause your to dumb to make them yourself. I mean, that just shows what a complete rip off you are. It wouldnt surprise me if he would make a game soon called Jedi Knight: Slider but it would be the exact jk3 only the character name would be slider...... Seriously lame man, seriously, seriously lame....:mad: :mad:

*Cough* Rip Off *Cough*

Signed:

Jack Sparrow

(nickname already taken so I had to use this one :p)

Fortunately, I was more than satisfied with JA Reloaded/JA Mod because I knew that this admin mod was made by a skilled and respected prgrammer. The advantage with using C1's mod, is that you know that it was created by an intelligent person, who whole-heartedly created a the perfect admin mod. Somehow, C1 always manages to better his already perfect mod :)

And Slider, answer me this. Why would WE, the GAMERS, settle for second best? We all know and trust Chosen one. We know that his work is always of Top-quality. Hell, I would PAY for a copy of JA Reloaded. I mean that.

I'll be perfectly honest. I will NEVER download another admin mod again, unless it is created by C1.

I also encourage EVERYONE to stay well away from other mods. After all, why should YOU settle for second best? why should YOU settle for a cheap, badly edited copy? why should YOU settle for bad programming, when you can have C1 programming? Answer me that.

First off, because of the whole Lee Oattes/ShroomDuck ordeal, I know what you're going through but you're getting a little out of hand on a few of the comments. I recommend you cool off before you go commenting because I don't think you really want a flame thread here, you just want to get your point across.

Secondly, I spoke with Slider & told him about Janos's situation & how Janos is dealing with allowing the abusive admin commands in private mods & taking precautions in dealing with them in case they ever leak out but appearently he didn't heed my warning (like I figured he wouldn't).

He just made the first step to putting himself in that same boat as BOFH. He's already been warned a few times about the consequences in putting the abusive admin commands out there publically like that, now he'll have to deal with it. If he needs help from the other coders in the community, they'll more than likely tell him to FO; Even BOFH has removed (or so he has told me) abusive commands from his mod so for him to do it was just stupid.

I plan on covering a variety of areas in the CM manual, this will be one of them. I'll even cover how to remove these abusive mods from their server lists. That should put a dent in his fan base & I'll do the same for any mods that make abusive admin commands available.

Well,

I agree with Mike. He's right about that rip off's. Those guys are a bit pathetic. As we see they can code but riping off ideas isnt good way to get popular. If you guys can realy code that good why you wouldent make an Client side mod ? There are lots of mods with can be made without any rip off's and can be quite cool. Take a look at Movie Battles (with is one of the greatest mods I ever saw) its completly diffrind. Its not based on any other mods. And he's gameplay is totaly awsome.

Same thing is with Mike JA Reloaded. Its unique. It was continuation of first admin mod with author permision.

Your guys even rip off commands - amterminator ? you cant replace it with own ideas ? why always "am" on begining of the commands, why even same name's for few admin commands ? Cant you make something unique ?

I'm making admin mod neither but wont develope it separatly or he's code. Its admin mod for our own mods with we will make. Commands are even diffrind and he dont contain any futures similar to JA Reloaded.

So try to be orginal guys ;)

As for mike:

You see its free world u cant deny them to do admin mod if they want.

Sorry for all my gramma mistakes.

doesnt JA Reloaded have a copyright? and arent there copyright laws? and isnt there a police force? send him a fine, or a pair of handcuffs ;)

i wonder if any of the things he "planne" to put in "his" mod ever got in there........

EDIT: Something to take note of, on lucasfiles JA Reloaded has a 5/5, while omni and JA + have a 1/5:rolleyes:

Oh no, thats not the case here. Anyone can make their own mod whether its an Admin mod or clientside, or whatever...the point is to copy others hard work and pawn them off as your own is wrong and unacceptable.

It seems that this Slider won't stop with his accessive copyright infringement upon other modders. The only way it can be stopped is that no one uses the mod, as he will be forced to create something on his own.

I feel when this situation is straightened out, and things are semi-normal in the Jedi gaming community, I will feel that my work here is done.

This is what comes with the source code...

-----------------------------------------------------------

LIMITED USE SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT

This Limited Use Software License Agreement (this “Agreement”) is a legal agreement between you, the end-user, and Raven Software, Inc. (“RAVEN”). BY CONTINUING THE INSTALLATION OF THIS SOFTWARE (THE “SOFTWARE”), BY DOWNLOADING, LOADING OR RUNNING THE SOFTWARE, OR BY PLACING OR COPYING THE SOFTWARE ONTO YOUR COMPUTER HARD DRIVE, COMPUTER RAM OR OTHER STORAGE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.

1. Grant of License. Subject to the terms and provisions of this Agreement, RAVEN grants to you the non-exclusive and limited right to use the Software only for the uses permitted in section 3. hereinbelow. The term “Software” includes all elements of the Software. You are not receiving any ownership or proprietary right, title or interest in or to the Software or the copyrights, trademarks, or other rights related thereto. For purposes of the first sentence of this section, “use” means loading the Software into RAM and/or onto computer hard drive, as well as installation of the Software on a hard disk or other storage device and means the uses permitted in section 3. hereinbelow. You agree that the Software will not be shipped, transferred or exported into any country in violation of the U.S. Export Administration Act (or any other law governing such matters) by you or anyone at your direction and that you will not utilize and will not authorize anyone to utilize, in any other manner, the Software in violation of any applicable law. The Software shall not be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods or to anyone or into any country who/which are prohibited, by applicable law, from receiving such property.

2. Prohibitions. You, whether directly or indirectly, shall not do any of the following acts:

a. rent the Software;

b. sell the Software;

c. lease or lend the Software;

d. distribute the Software (except as permitted by section 3. hereinbelow);

e. in any other manner and through any medium whatsoever commercially exploit the Software or use the Software for any commercial purpose;

f. disassemble, reverse engineer, decompile, modify (except as permitted by Section 3. hereinbelow) or alter the Software;

g. translate the Software;

h. reproduce or copy the Software (except as permitted by section 3. hereinbelow);

i. publicly display the Software;

j. prepare or develop derivative works based upon the Software;

k. remove or alter any legal notices or other markings or legends, such as trademark and copyright notices, affixed on or within the Software; or

l. remove, alter, modify, disable or reduce any of the anti-piracy measures or components contained in the Star Wars, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy game, including, without limitation, the exe check or the CD check.

3. Permitted Uses.

a. So long as this Agreement accompanies each copy you make of the Software, and so long as you fully comply, at all times, with this Agreement, RAVEN grants to you the non-exclusive and limited right to distribute copies of the Software free of charge for non-commercial purposes by electronic means only and the non-exclusive and limited right to use the Software to create your own modifications (the “New Creations”) for operation only with the full version of the software game Jedi Academy; provided, however, you shall not make any New Creations unless and until you have agreed to be bound by the terms of this Agreement and of the LIMITED USE SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT which accompanies the full version of Jedi Academy. Other than the electronic copies permitted above, you may make only the following copies of the Software: (i) you may copy the Software onto your computer hard drive; (ii) you may copy the Software from your computer hard drive into your computer RAM; and (iii) you may make one (1) “back-up” or archival copy of the Software on one (1) hard disk. You shall not use, copy or distribute the Software in any infringing manner or in any manner which violates any law or third party right and you shall not distribute the Software together with any material which infringes against any third party right or which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, false, misleading, or otherwise illegal or unlawful. RAVEN reserves all rights not granted in this Agreement, including, without limitation, all rights to RAVEN’s trademarks. You shall not commercially distribute the Software.

b. You shall not create any New Creations which infringe against any third party right or which are libelous, defamatory, obscene, false, misleading or otherwise illegal or unlawful. You agree that the New Creations will not be shipped, transferred or exported into any country in violation of the U.S. Export Administration Act (or any other law governing such matters) by you or anyone at your direction and that you will not utilize and will not authorize anyone to utilize, in any other manner, the New Creations in violation of any applicable law. The New Creations shall not be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods or to anyone or into any country who/which are prohibited, by applicable law, from receiving such property. You shall not rent, sell, lease, lend, offer on a pay-per-play basis or otherwise commercially exploit or commercially distribute the New Creations. You are only permitted to distribute, without any cost or charge, the New Creations to other end-users so long as such distribution is not infringing against any third party right and is not otherwise illegal or unlawful. As noted below, in the event you commercially distribute or commercial exploit the New Creations or commit any other breach of this Agreement, your licenses, and this Agreement, shall automatically terminate, without notice.

4. Intellectual Property Rights. The Software and all copyrights, trademarks and all other conceivable intellectual property rights related to the Software are owned by RAVEN and are protected by United States copyright laws, international treaty provisions and all applicable law, such as the Lanham Act. You must treat the Software like any other copyrighted material, as required by 17 U.S.C. §101 et seq. and other applicable law. You agree to use your best efforts to see that any user of the Software licensed hereunder complies with this Agreement. You agree that you are receiving a copy of the Software by license only and not by sale and that the “first sale” doctrine of 17 U.S.C. §109 does not apply to your receipt or use of the Software.

5. NO WARRANTIES. RAVEN DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE. RAVEN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS. ADDITIONAL STATEMENTS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, DO NOT CONSTITUTE WARRANTIES BY RAVEN AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON. THIS SECTION 5. SHALL SURVIVE CANCELLATION OR TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.

6. Governing Law, Venue, Indemnity and Liability Limitation. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the applicable laws of the State of Texas and applicable United States federal law. Copyright and other proprietary matters will be governed by United States laws and international treaties. Exclusive venue for all litigation regarding this Agreement shall be in Dallas County, Texas and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in Dallas, Texas for any such litigation. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless RAVEN and RAVEN’s officers, employees, directors, agents, licensees (excluding you), successors and assigns from and against all losses, lawsuits, damages, causes of action and claims relating to and/or arising from: (i) your breach of this Agreement; and/or (ii) your distribution or other use of the Software; and/or (iii) your distribution or other use of the New Creations. You agree that your unauthorized use of the Software, or any part thereof, may immediately and irreparably damage RAVEN such that RAVEN could not be adequately compensated solely by a monetary award and that at RAVEN’s option RAVEN shall be entitled to an injunctive order, in addition to all other available remedies including a monetary award, appropriately restraining and/or prohibiting such unauthorized use without the necessity of RAVEN posting bond or other security. IN ANY CASE, RAVEN AND RAVEN’S OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, LICENSEES, SUBLICENSEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, SPECIAL, INCRAVENENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY ALLEGED CLAIM FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY EVEN IF RAVEN OR ITS AGENTS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE, OR LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This Section 6. shall survive cancellation or termination of this Agreement.

7. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. To the extent applicable, the United States Government shall only have those rights to use the Software as expressly stated and expressly limited and restricted in this Agreement, as provided in 48 C.F.R. §§ 227.7201 through 227.7204, inclusive.

8. General Provisions. Neither this Agreement nor any part or portion hereof shall be assigned or sublicensed by you. RAVEN may assign its rights under this Agreement in RAVEN’s sole discretion. Should any provision of this Agreement be held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal by a court of competent jurisdiction, the validity and enforceability of the other provisions shall not be affected thereby. If any provision is determined to be unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, you agree to a modification of such provision to provide for enforcement of the provision's intent, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Failure of RAVEN to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision or of the right to enforce such provision. Immediately upon your failure to comply with, or immediately upon your breach of, any term or provision of this Agreement, THIS AGREEMENT AND YOUR LICENSE SHALL AUTOMATICALLY TERMINATE, WITHOUT NOTICE, AND RAVEN MAY PURSUE ALL RELIEF AND REMEDIES AGAINST YOU WHICH ARE AVAILABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW AND/OR THIS AGREEMENT. In the event this Agreement is terminated, you shall have no right to use the Software, in any manner, and you shall immediately destroy all copies of the Software in your possession, custody or control.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, YOU UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT, AND UNDERSTAND THAT BY CONTINUING THE INSTALLATION OF THE SOFTWARE, BY DOWNLOADING, LOADING OR RUNNING THE SOFTWARE, OR BY PLACING OR COPYING THE SOFTWARE ONTO YOUR COMPUTER HARD DRIVE, COMPUTER RAM OR OTHER STORAGE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT, EXCEPT FOR WRITTEN SEPARATE AGREEMENTS BETWEEN RAVEN AND YOU, THIS AGREEMENT IS A COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE RIGHTS AND LIABILITIES OF THE PARTIES HERETO REGARDING THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF. THIS AGREEMENT SUPERSEDES ALL PRIOR ORAL AGREEMENTS OR UNDERSTANDINGS AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN RAVEN AND YOU RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT.

As a member of the JA and enjoyer of c1's mod, it saddens me to see another 'coder' if you can call him that, ripping the code and claiming it as his own in what is no doubt an inferior version.:mad:

Root out plagiarists everywhere and burn them at the stake (metaphorically speaking of course). They only make life worser for the rest of us.:mad: :mad:

As a student and a human being i am disgusted.:mad: :mad: :mad:

By the way, i'm mad.:mad:

You will find this entertaining, heh.

--------------------------------------

Date: Thu, January 1, 2004 1:34 pm

To: chosenone@nyc.com

among a lot of cmd u accuse me to steal, there are a lot of cmd that we can

find every mod of JK2 that were containing admin cmds.....

a lot of admin cmds in all admin mod are immediate and needed.....

when the SDK of raven has been released for JK3, i began to code full force

duel, flipkick.....and i would like to controle everything on my server so i

began to code a lot of admin cmds.....

the first version of my mod was released before yours....i didn't know that

u will decide to code an admin mod for JK3....

when i saw that, i already code a lot of admin cmd that was based on what i

had liked more in admin cmds of JK2 mods......

but i also coded a lot of new features that your mod does not have.....

and your mod has also features that mine does not have....

each mod has its own particularity but it is clear that all admin mod will

have a lot of cmd in commun because they are a need.....

but it is true that i used idea from other mods in JK2.....but it is a

different game now....

and i also coded very new features.....

when X-mod and Omnimod coded respectively flipkick and duel full force, i do

not accuse them to steal my ideas because it seems to be a need in their

mods.....

according to me from your idea i have used only those thos ideas:

-1)amterminator/unterminator ==> no i didn't coded that

>2)amwhois ==> NO because they are in all admin mods

>3)amtele ==> yes

>4)amorigin => yes

>5)ampunish/unpunish ==> yes

>6)amnpcaccess ==> no didn't coded that

>7)allowadminaccess ==> no didn't coded that

>8)knight level admin (which was created cause of OUR ranking

>system)(http://www.thejediacademy.net) ==> no because several admin level

>are in all admin mod

>9)amlockteam ==> no because it is an idea from raven see the rcon cmds

>forceteam

>10)amforceteam ==> no too

>11)amprotect ==> yes i use your idea on that

>12)enabling bot_honorableduelacceptance so that its no longer cheat

>protected. ==> no it is in every mods

>13)logout ==> NO because when you want to log as an admin you may want to

>logout

>14)cvar bit values for admin/knight commands. ==> i coded that because

>everybody want more configurable cmd, and i couldn't put a cvar for all

>cmds so i made like g_weapondisable 15)amsurrender ==> no this emots is in

>every mod

>16)amwait (i.e. amatease) ==> this emots is in every mod

so it is true that i used some of your ideas but not all u accuse me to

use....

just a little part....

but my mod contains many admin cmd very new and a lot of new features of the

game play

each mod has its particularity but its is true that every admin cmds part of

mods tend to have a lot of cmd in common because their are a need and not

only in JEdi knight but also sof2 or Cs or unreal....

--------------------------

Dude, you are so wrong. amwait and amsurrender is every mod? ehem...look at the dates of when the mod came out. I was the first to add those emotes, then I decided to allow LashingOut to have them so I gave them to him. So yeah, you stole it from me. Amnpcaccess...your wannabe copy-cat command is "admGrant" as for other commands up there, not "all" admin mods have them...just one...MINE!!!

Nice try, but you are wrong again.

I agree with most of you... but just because ja+ and omnimod are total rip offs, doesnt mean that ja realoaded is the only thing that has atleast some origanal features, xmod2 is very good indeed and i think they are both as good as eachother, give or take.

This must be pretty discouraging to people who do take the time to write their own code and do so creatively, and shouldn't be tolerated.

For the two organizations I am associated with; SGN (http://www.sgnonline.com) and the BLU Order (http://www.thebluorder.com), we are banning all non Hokai-coded mods for our JKA and JK2 servers.

If you aren't willing to put in the work to make something brilliant (or at least original, please don't bother to steal someone else's creation in part or whole to call it your own.

There's only one thing worse than a plagerist; and that's a bad plagerist, who doesn't even bother to rename the commands, which are all stolen from an original mod.

MasteR PudsLiG-> Nope, and that was never stated. :)

Other mods are good, and we need more mods than just JAR, for the sake of difference, but ripping off another mod is just down there along with making viruses to ruin other people's computers.

- Jacen Aratan, Jedi Academy Knight / Little Red Riding Hood

Archived