Home

The Truth about Admin Mods...

zERoCooL2479

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

I'm looking in the JA manual but i can't find anywhere where there says something in the lines of "included with the package comes the guarentee that all servers must be set to your preffered settings" it's why there is a SP, MP all depends on the community and Raven can't do much about it. Raven doesn't host servers like other games (Savage) or hires ppl to play on them

Sure you expect a good time with MP, but you paid those 49.99 for the SP, packaging, and MP software, not for the servers

And where did I say I expected all of the servers to be set to my preferred settings?

What I am saying is, if all people encounter when they play multiplayer in this game is stupid crap like being suspended in mid-air by an invisible grip, being called a "faggot lamer" then being banned from a server... all for the inexcusable crime of trying to play this online game as it is listed in the manual (you know stuff like "kill enemies to score points", I do believe that is in there), then those people are finally going to just give up and say screw this game and quit.

Things like that tend to not be isolated incidents and in case you didn't notice or were not around back before VAM, as the number of servers running admin mods went up, the overall player base went down quite rapidly.

People became annoyed because it became almost utterly impossible to find servers that would just let you play the game so they just said screw it and left for other games that did not punish people for playing them.

Those of you who were around before the admin mod crap reared it's ugly head can and will remember just how large and thriving this community was compared to the almost barren, dysfunctional state it is in now.

You know what, never mind.

Trying to get any rational point across to people in this community is like trying to teach a retarded monkey the finer points of ballet dancing.

I mean this is a community that by and large, insults and bans players for joining game servers and playing.

You people deserve the empty servers you created, really you do.

To those of you LF regulars who I knew/joked around with, if you are staying in this game good luck and have as much fun as possible (give Kurgan a raise too).

To those of you I competed against, great games it was a blast.

Feel free to stop by our ET/UT2003 servers and give me a shout if you play either game, but I'm done with this community it's just gotten too small and too small minded for my tastes.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JumpinJedi

Slider was deceptive about getting the source code for the JA Mod... he told Chosen it was for an SoF2 mod.

i nerver stole code

i all coded by myself from JK3 SDK made by raven that is why my mod is much stable than his mod because he pasted all code from another game in SDK for JK3......

i nerver wanted to have his code source and i never told him to gave it me

i nerver said it was for a SOF2 game mod....

i nerver stole code

i all coded by myself from JK3 SDK made by raven that is why my mod is much stable than his mod because he pasted all code from another game in SDK for JK3......

i nerver wanted to have his code source and i never told him to gave it me

i nerver said it was for a SOF2 game mod....

OMG Slider... That's probably the funniest thing I've ever heard...

So you say that c1 (who I know for almost 8 months) just gave you the JA Mod code out of generosity?

Plus, why would we believe you saying that c1 lies? Why woudn't we believe that YOU lie (which is what I believe)

If you want to lie, just lie smart and think of what you say; cuz if you act otherwise you'll sound dumb; REALLY dumb *cough*

Originally posted by lauser

Instead of rotting in front of that dam screen why dont you go outside in the sun. So what is it CHOSEN? What EXACTLY are you trying to accomplish here? What is the END goal here? More whining? I'm a nobody in front of this screen until I make a program that people will love. And I will get all the attention I need that I never got before?

Umm...For 1, Your the one that joined here in Jan 2003 and almost have the same number of posts as I do. Perhaps your the one that needs some sun :p

As for my "whining" as you put it...That isnt the case here. I'm not whining about anything. I am simply stating that functionality and ideas were completely ripped off from me, therefore damaging my reputation and what makes JA Reloaded different from the others.

A nobody huh? Please son...how old are you? Did you just get your 'puter for Christmas? Do a search on google and you will see my name all over the place!

Ask yourself this...Is it really necessary to have the same EXACT commands in his mod than what was in my mod? Couldn't he think of something completely original? The answer is no...I mean, seriously, he didnt even change the names of the commands...

Originally posted by JumpinJedi

I've known Chosen for nearly 2 years, and I can tell you, he really worked his ass off for this mod. He pulled all-nighters, stopped teaching at the JA, and everything, just for the sake of making this mod. Not only that, but Slider was deceptive about getting the source code for the JA Mod... he told Chosen it was for an SoF2 mod. Obviously, it's illiteracy, theft AND impulsive bull****ting that Slider is guilty of here. :p

I thank you for the support, but how did this turn into Slider being accused of stealing my code? In his defense, he did not take my code. It was LashingOut aka BOFH that asked for my source code to create a SOF2 mod...You guys should be more careful with reading what I wrote, hehe...Sorry bout that part Slider.

So what did Slider do? He basically looked at my JA Mod from JK2, copied all of the commands/features (renaming a few of them), named his mod JA+ Mod (obviously to fool those into thinking it was the one from JK2, thus resulting in more downloads) He totally disregarded the fight against "abusive" commands and continued to put them in his mod. ( copied from Vulcanus ) Just now is he starting to put in "new things". If you call flip kick a new thing than you're obviously talking like a n00b. The flip kick code is in the basejk, just commented out. It is real simple to just eliminate the "//" from the commenting and make it work.

FK | unnnamed - I have played Shrub for RTCW and I like it a lot. Although its a highly cheat allowing mod, it has several things that Vulcanus has and well as the admin mod for HL. The commands I mention that he stole from me, are not functions that are in either of those mods. You dig?

Someone also mentioned something about competition. If you knew me you would also that I'm not a glory hog whatsoever. The fact that someone else mimicks my every move in my work annoys the hell outta me as well as violates alot of third-party rights I copied and pasted on page 1. This goes back to why I created the JA Mod in the first place. For the jedi academy. People requested it to have it launched publicly, I initially had no intention of doing so.

Right now, I am working on a 1.3 that will be a huge success. How do I know this? Well, I have things planned and already coded that you have never seen in admin mods. I'm simply saying this now, so you can all watch JAR be copied from these plagerists. I can almost guarentee that will happen. As will it hapen to xMod as Hex brought some new tools to the table. He has some great ideas. Does that mean I am going to create the same feature just to destroy his mods originality? That is such a dumb thing to do. Not only does it destroy our mods, but it makes others think there is no difference from downloading one from the other, which there is.

That's all for now,

-Mike

cmad_x said

So you say that c1 (who I know for almost 8 months) just gave you the JA Mod code out of generosity?

Plus, why would we believe you saying that c1 lies? Why woudn't we believe that YOU lie (which is what I believe)

If you want to lie, just lie smart and think of what you say; cuz if you act otherwise you'll sound dumb; REALLY dumb *cough*

it is just the opposite i just said

i never asked C1 to give me its code

i never stole his code

i all coded myself

why don't you create alternatives, slider? Instead of amfreeze or amsleep, you could have amstop, that would stop a player whole suddenly. Or instead of slay, /amkill. Don't just rename the commands, make it look different too.

I don't know what he really stole, the sleep/slap/slay/silence stuff, or was it something more? because I'm sure he can create commands with similar effects, with similar names, it wouldn't be copied that way. I would do that in his position, but then again, he isn't doing bad.

for the cmd for whiche i use C1 idea i kept the cmd same name in respect to its ideas for jis JK2 mod.....

but that nobody want to see it

i kepts for thos cmd the same name so that everybody ccould see that it is refering to C1 ideas in his JK2 mod

i think jsut rename the cmd name is not good because the feature keep identical

but i have also very new cmd that fo course have new name pp

let's see what i am coding for the next versions

http://www.bytewire.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=228

Slider744 said:

I used the same command names as C1's mod out of respect for his great ideas...

But, nobody wants to see that

I made all those commands the same so that everyone could see I love C1 and his mod ideas.

I think just renaming the commands is not the best idea because it is identical to reloaded's

But, I also have very new commands that have their own names

let's see what i am coding for the next versions

http://www.bytewire.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=228

For all of our american friends...

Originally posted by Slider744

cmad_x said

it is just the opposite i just said

i never asked C1 to give me its code

i never stole his code

i all coded myself

Really?

You coded

it alll

by

your

self?

thats

amazing!

But I find that hard to beleive since you can't use paragraphs properly or spell correctly, I hardly see how you can code a whole mod.

Cmad, who posted, is 14, and Greek. He spells better than you. I'm 14, I speak 4 languages, and I'm Danish. Don't use the fact you're not a native speaker as an excuse, unless you're less than 10 years old, in which case I doubt you could code.

You make lots of mistakes when you write with high speed, yes. Then slow down, or at least correct the most stupid/obvious mistakes. We don't demand perfection.

Ive tried out JA+ on my server. The only difference i can see is amslay, you renamed the emotes and you have to type amstatus to get someone kicked or somthing.

1. The amstatus thing is just trying to make your mod look less ripped off.

2. Renaming some of the emotes is just annoying and another way to make it look less ripped off.

3. If you actually took the time to make a proper mod, then you may have even come up with something much better than JAR. Im sure c1 would have helped you a bit if you told the truth and gave him some of your ideas. :)

Chosen you may have pulled some all-nighters and I can sympathize because I do the same thing mapping. I am virtually unknown but I am now getting attention from RAVEN designers. I'm not even sure why.

But anyhow you didn't read my other posts. I think it's clear SLIDER stated that he left the names alone giving you the full credit. But you are blinded by rage. That is OBVIOUS by your swearing at jk2files!! But no you had to create this thread to whine and bitch. You stated that in the beggining. Not in so many words but thats what this thread is here for.

What does this all boil down to? Chosen is mad because this MOD will be very popular. Know what I think? Chosen is the Bill Gates of the JK modding community!!

BTW, I'm suspecting I'm old enough to be your DAD......son.

Originally posted by BadBob

Ive tried out JA+ on my server. The only difference i can see is amslay, you renamed the emotes and you have to type amstatus to get someone kicked or somthing.

1. The amstatus thing is just trying to make your mod look less ripped off.

2. Renaming some of the emotes is just annoying and another way to make it look less ripped off.

3. If you actually took the time to make a proper mod, then you may have even come up with something much better than JAR. Im sure c1 would have helped you a bit if you told the truth and gave him some of your ideas. :)

if u think there are the only differences it seems that u didn't take time to read the readme fully in detail.......

and i must add all emots comme with the game SDK, so it is not a copy

u simply have to make a function for each one and call the proper animation made by raven...

let's see the 1.5b version of my mod if u want to see carfully all diferences...

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3668/

they are numerous.....

stop considering only the amempower, amsleep, ampunish functions

i made a lot of other functons that are very different from JAR MOD

I think it's clear SLIDER stated that he left the names alone giving you the full credit

Are you really certain that's why he left them that way? You only have his word to go on the claim that he left them there to give C1 credit after this matter has been brought up. In his original readme was their any acknowledgement in his initial readme's of where his "ideas" came from?

C1, would it be possible to take out and post the specific portions of the third party rights he's violating rather than the entire section? There's an awful lot of legal mumbo jumbo in there to spin people around. And I doubt if a lot of people here read through all of it to see exactly where he is in violation.

What does this all boil down to? Chosen is mad because this MOD will be very popular. Know what I think? Chosen is the Bill Gates of the JK modding community!!

theres nothing wrong with being mad that your hard work has been taken or copied. but there is something wrong with almost everyone on this thread thinking slider did that (including me).

as for JA+ Mod having the same command names, would it be that hard to change it to something else? it seems that C1 doesnt like that you've kept his names.

i kepts several cmd names (punish, protect, empower, silence) only to show to everyone that i were using several ideas from other mods....

indeed most of people are coming from JK2 and so they recognize those cmds and know who frist intruced them....

but if C1 you want me to change the cmd name, i do it...

NONO Don't call c1 Gates!!! Gates found M$, so he's lame (lol) Anyway this isn't a M$ flame, so to heck with it.

I still don't think you just happen to have SAME commands with the JA mod slider, kind of IMpossible. Of course maybe it's just coincidence.

If you wanna show you got ideas from JA mod you could ALWAYS say "I would like to thank cHoSeN-oNe for helping me out with the mod" or something, and put that in some readme...

Still I know c1 better than you so I still believe him... Why would he want to accuse you of something you didn't do... He's really popular already. No need for more fame is there? ;)

Archived