Home

The Truth about Admin Mods...

zERoCooL2479

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by acdcfanbill

I dont understand why ppl keep going public with their source, or giving it to someone like BOFH after they saw what he did in JK2. Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me ;)

Indeed.

How about coding an automatic chatkill, and call it /amlame

Alright, after understanding this situation alot clearer, my stance on this issue has changed.

First of all, i'd like to apologise to Slider for accusing him of theft. Please, realise this was a misunderstanding on my part.

Second of all, I really don't see what this thread is going to accomplish. The very first JA mod was a lightly modified version of Vulcanus. Even to this day, alot of the old commands from the Vulcanus admin mod still remain. I'm not bothered about this, however. Slider's mod, whether Chosen, or anyone else, likes it or not, is a different mod, with some different features, some similar. It's like having a pre-set health/sheild limit when you start a duel. Is everyone with that feature in their mod going to post here asking for everyone to boycott the other mods? Unlikely.

Let's just chill out, stick to which mod we prefer, and just get on with things.

I agree with JumpinJedi. I am known to my friends at the academy and to my clan as {HS}KaZ, and way before i knew about the academy, i was in complete awe at Chosen One, I was amzed at the wonderous aid that he had brought out for us. Now my voice is just a small whisper in this huge community. I am not famous, nor will i ever be. Yet beings like this allows me to stnad back and see the whole picture.

As i see it, Chosen One came here to make a point, and that he has done very well. I personally am on his side and find that it is terrible what has been done (though i can only make an opinion on the information that has been given to me.

It is all of you lot that are stirring things up. Chosen one did not enter this forum with daggers and guns, yet you lot are just stiring things up... Chosen One is not whining, YOU ARE! Now i have to go now, bu i have a little more to say when i come back. Please just calm down and act in a civilised manner. You are all taken advanatge of the situation to turn this into one massive flamming session. THIS MUST STOP NOW!!!

Sit down and talk Gentlmen, and everyone else take a seat, don't act aggressively and let the two ppl state their cases propely with out having to defend themselve from imature kiddies throwing offensive 'words of wisdom at them'.

Take your time before you say anything in haste that might make the situation worse. Ad when i come back, it would be nice to see ppl discusiing this as adults (even though not all of us are).

Thx, BarmyBam (AKA {HS}Kaz/ {HS}KazlaarAaric

Yes, now that c1 made things clearer I must apologize to you Slider for accusing you of stealing code. The many names confused me into thinking you stole but as it turns out you didn't.

I admit that writing a mod requires a lot of effort and us accusing you of stealing code while you sat down and coded makes it really unfair.

I am sorry again Slider.

I think that the "amlame" commands are an obsolete (and destructive) holdover from the Vulcanis admin mod days and should be removed. My opinion hasn't changed on that, and I think Xmod2 is going in the right direction.

=================================

Moral of the story:

Don't open-source your mod if you don't want people making derivative works out of it!

May I close this now?

Archived