Home

KOTOR ruined my PC!

Sakone

i kind of like that your saber turns off automatically after a while. sure as hell is smarter than running around with it always lit, like in the jedi knight series. how often does anyone seeing a jedi running around with his saber ALWAYS on in the movies? they were turned on immediately before a battle and turned off immediately after. it would be as bright as being the kid who ran with the scissors balde pointing up. :) besides one of the things mentioned frequently in the game, movies.....everywhere in the SW universe is being wise enough to know when to ignite your saber and when to leave it by your side.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

I mean the detail is great, but our laziness factor in reading manuals is even greater :p

I never read a manual before, or at least not completely.

Anyways, I also found out that the x button can be used yesterday. I didnt do anything apart from spinning sabers. Great feature.

EDIT: 1900th post! Yay!

-Clemme

You can turn your lightsaber off in Jedi Outcast/Academy. You just press your lightsaber key again. :p

As for being able to mod the game, I bet that's more a Lucasarts thing than a Bioware thing. I mean look at Neverwinter Nights.

You can turn your lightsaber off in Jedi Outcast/Academy. You just press your lightsaber key again. :p

As for being able to mod the game, I bet that's more a Lucasarts thing than a Bioware thing. I mean look at Neverwinter Nights.

why does everyone say that? you played JO and JA right? (and the key word in my saber comment was AUTOMATICALLY....i knew how to turn it off.....i like that kotor does it automatically.) those games have HUGE mod communities. HUGE!! and i don't see LA giving a rat's @ss that people are modding those games. in fact as long as i can remember the jedi knight series has always been a modding extravaganza. so all of a sudden a game comes out, bioware says "no talking about modding this game". and now everyone points their finger at LucasArts and blames them for this. excuse me if this is rude, but that is just really f#@king stupid. no one has ever been locked up for modding any other LA game. and no other LA game has ever had the topic of mods banned UNTIL kotor.

so what does that say logically to people out there with the ability to think logically? it says bioware doesn't want the game modded. for what reason i don't know. obviously NWN was modfriendly. but it has been the only bioware game to be such. so maybe they figured it would not make them as much money if this game were being modded. i do not know why bioware took this position. but THEY did. not LucasArts. as they have never taken this position OFFICIALLY on any game i am aware of.

Archived