so the walker class can turn the head,

stop in the middle of a walking cycle

and other features.

here i have got two pictures and a short

movie of a walking cycle for you.

at-at03.jpg

at-at04.jpg

http://io.meskinaw.net/images/atat/at-at_walking.avi

take a look at it and give me some feed back.

specialy would be great to know what you

expect of an AT-AT. i am making this for your

MP maps, siege maps specialy, what animations

do you would like to have? Whats an AT-AT

to drive like, what strenght what weeknesses

does it have?

and please, do me a favor, if someone asks

for a AT-AT point him here. i cant stand threads

in the request forum anymore, in which they

discuss why nobody creats a model while in the showcase forum is a WIP thread on that!

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking great. Strengths, hmm, well, the armor is inpenatrable in most all places, but... weaknesses, of course the belly is vulnerable, if you're a good enough shot and good enough pilot to hit there. The neck joint is also vulnerable to a laser or torpedo. The AT-AT is basically the ground equivalent to a star destroyer. (Hope that helped. Somehow I feel that it didn't.)

well great work !

I hope you won't adjust the AT-AT's Scaling to make it to fit into maps :D

What about the Head? will there be a little noding animation? cause it looks a little more realistic ... or will the head be controllable by mouse- movement?

But I have to say that if everything works out well it'll be the most impressive JKA Vehicle out there ...

Swiss quality work I guess :D

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

take a look at it and give me some feed back. specialy would be great to know what you expect of an AT-AT. i am making this for your MP maps, siege maps specialy, what animations do you would like to have? Whats an AT-AT to drive like, what strenght what weeknesses does it have?

It must be BIG! HUGE! What else to except of an AT-AT? Just think of the moment of the Battle of Hoth when Luke almost got crushed like some insignificant bug by that one huge foot...

It would be quite a moment to see that monster coming toward you. You would be looking up and up and up. The ground would be shaking, and then... SPLASH.

Hmm. I guess I'm imagening how it would look like in some SP map... Wondeful work, Duncan_10158!

Nah I think it should be only damagable by Shipweapons and those Laser thingy Turret things on hoth.

then shipless players are screwed. = )

I'd say ,ok, make it techincal if it's soley going into a seige map, but keep it simple so it's playable anywhere.

and futher more keep it simple so Duncan can get it done with out weeks for tormenting working trying to find out how to make certain areas weaker than others..or..yeah!

basicly I'm saying make a Honda AT-AT, not the best ride but it can get you from here to there with out too much trouble.

Originally posted by Altus_Thrawn

I don't think it should be slow. It never moved slow-it took steps slowly, but when each step is mega huge, you don't need to take lots of them.

I'll second that! Such a big thing would look unrealistic if it ran like some mouse around. With each step big enough, it will make a good distance in no time at all. And being slow enough in its movements will make it more imposing and grand.

Archived