Home

WIP: AT-AT

Duncan_10158

well yeah, it travels fast but moves slow. Like the Old Dog thing, tumbling over it's self(but not falling over)

oh! and when it dies, it should fall forward, like in the movie 'yknow? not side ways and retarded like in Rouge Leader or Rebel Strike (I hate it when the die like that)

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions, i will realy thinkabout all you mentioned. right now i have no big update to give, RenegateOfPhunk agreed to do the coding part for the ATAT. and Scouttrooper, if you would like to do the skin, you would be very welcome :) i let you know when the skinmaps are that far. they still need to work on.

Strengths, hmm, well, the armor is inpenatrable in most all places, but... weaknesses, of course the belly is vulnerable, if you're a good enough shot and good enough pilot to hit there. The neck joint is also vulnerable to a laser or torpedo.

i thought that too, the armor should be very strong but vulnerable to some weapons or vehicles. if its possible to have some vulnerable parts like the neck, we could do that too.

I hope you won't adjust the AT-AT's Scaling to make it to fit into maps What about the Head? will there be a little noding animation? cause it looks a little more realistic ... or will the head be controllable by mouse- movement?

we want to have it in the original size, if thats possible. and we try to make the head mouse controled to follow the crosshair in horizontal and vertical.

I think that you should make the AT-ST slow cuz in the movies it moves like a turtle, also you could make it powerfull to balance its slow problem

the balance is quite importent i think. it will be slow but the long legs will make it fast enought anyway. we will see that when its first time in game. the weapons will be powerfull and with the turnig head the aiming could work great.

basicly I'm saying make a Honda AT-AT, not the best ride but it can get you from here to there with out too much trouble.

Hey, nothing against Hondas! :mad:

i am trying to do this ATAT vehicle so people can use them in thier maps, siege maps specialy. i want to have it a gameplay sense somehow and be fun to drive. i know, to keep close to the original would be great but if its not fun or it make no sense in gameplay we have to "improve" it slight a bit. i surely want to keep the origial size for ex. cause its just impresive, but if with this size the driver cant see the ground anymore cause its out of view, we have to size it down. i am not expecting this, but you know what i mean.

se7enraven, i cant realy tell how hight the ATAT will be. i am trying to make it realistic, but it will turn out in the beta. to give the turbolaser a radius of destruction is a good idea, it surely will be a powerfull weapon.

TIE-pilot, sure your help is very welcome. Phunk will do the coding part, also add the sounds. if you could sent me your sound files, i will pass it to him, great thanks. you can contact me under this link:

http://io.meskinaw.net/

now that these forums are up again, here are some news. i got the ATAT first time in game, but there seems to be maximum you can size up models. so this is the max size the ATAT can have, but its hugh anyway ;)

there are still lots of faults, for ex. the small guns are rotating the wrong axis when moving up/down. but take a look on your own, i put an ATST beside it to compare the size. a player model has about the size of the ATAT foot.

at-at05.jpg

at-at06.jpg

That looks Friggin awesome! may i use it in my desert capture the flag map when its done?

also, you got the size perfect. thats exactly how big it should be.

IDEA - you could make the atat be magsealed, so that player weapons (like blasters and the repeater) would just bounce off the armor, but other players could still destroy it with rocket launchers or the conc rifle, because those arnt reflected by magsealing.

when cosidering size, you have to look at the player size, and scale the model to that, so two or three players could realistically be standing in the cockpit like in the movie, etc...

I don't know if thats possible but I think you should make that thing inly enterable from a higher point ...

some kind of docking bay for example

cuz it would look really stupid if someone would just stand next to one of it's feet and press enter to get in...

Archived