Home

WIP: AT-AT

Duncan_10158

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ZH@o YuN

Has anyone got a picture of it firing? If not, is the laser red or yellow (like the AT-ST)? I would love to make the weapon for it :)

pretty sure it red but I could be wrong...

Just checked google and saw that it has red lasers along with some missles :)

Oh-MY-GOD! That is going to be the best vehicle model released! You rule, oh yeah. I was thinking, I'm not sure how the vehicle properties operate, but if you could not garrison people inside the haul, it would be neat if a docking bay allowed the imperials or the team of the at at driver, to stand on top and fire at the ground soldiers/opposing air craft. And from an offensive postion, if it is possible to leap from aircraft, the opposing team could land on the roof of the at at and lob grenades, saber, ect at the atat roof/head and be out of harms way of the at at. I have'nt played multiplayer much, but if there is a such thing as freindly fire, any enemy trying to shoot the opposing force from the roof of the at at could risk hitting the at at itself and causing damage to it. O.k....I'll calm down now. Good work!

Originally posted by Neo_Knight

Hmm, we need a lot of snowspeeders, they have only lasers against that giant monster !

Hey how many people will be able to use this thing, one pilot and ?

to fight with snowspeeders against this gigant monster will surly be one of funiest things. but how to set that is up to the map-mod creator. cause the ATAT will be a mod too i would like as much as possible liberty for the siege creators for ex. how they will use the ATAT is up to them.

i havent seen any vehicle that have usefull multible driver support. i dont even think its possible to let one player drive and an otherone to aim. if someone know how to do this, please let us know. but i think it makes no sense for a second driver if he cant do anything or only fire where the main driver is aiming.

Originally posted by imyourfather

That would require modification, since as I made it, it only has one pilot that's using both weapons...

how did you do that? whats possible that way and what no?

and thanks imyourfather for the pics. they show that the ATAT has quite the right size. perhaps the ATST could be a bit sized up :)

Originally posted by SD_Radical_Ed

That looks Friggin awesome! may i use it in my desert capture the flag map when its done?

also, you got the size perfect. thats exactly how big it should be.

IDEA - you could make the atat be magsealed, so that player weapons (like blasters and the repeater) would just bounce off the armor, but other players could still destroy it with rocket launchers or the conc rifle, because those arnt reflected by magsealing.

when cosidering size, you have to look at the player size, and scale the model to that, so two or three players could realistically be standing in the cockpit like in the movie, etc...

sure, SD_Radical_Ed, everyone can use my models.

right now the ATAT has the same veh file like the ATST and this one has some kind of magsealed protection. lasers are bouncing off but it takes small damage. it would make sense to have different weapon having different effect and amount of damage. the ATAT will be a very tought one and only destroyable with special/strong weapons or vehilces. if someone has suggestions or know how to do it, please post it.

Originally posted by TIE-pilot

why cant i send u the files????

but u need to edit the cannons on top and under the head

they must be on the sides of the head :/

my pc said : user unknown...

try to sent me your files to this mail: duncan_10158@gmx.ch

the cannons on top and under, thats what i meant with wrong bone axis. its already fixed. a vehicles never shows up as expected the first time :)

Originally posted by Pahricida

I don't know if thats possible but I think you should make that thing inly enterable from a higher point ...

some kind of docking bay for example

cuz it would look really stupid if someone would just stand next to one of it's feet and press enter to get in...

i dont think this will be possible, as RaSiN_HeCk wrote, it could cause problems when someone jumps out in the middle of nowhere. btw, if someone jumps out, he gets quite some damage cause he is falling from a high possition. what also probably want be possible is to walk between the legs or go under the ATAT trough. there will be the vehicle box that makes lasers or any other model going through the ATAT without any effect. we are working on this, so we will see.

Originally posted by se7enraven

it would be neat if a docking bay allowed the imperials or the team of the at at driver, to stand on top and fire at the ground soldiers/opposing air craft. And from an offensive postion, if it is possible to leap from aircraft, the opposing team could land on the roof of the at at and lob grenades, saber, ect at the atat roof/head and be out of harms way of the at at.

O.k....I'll calm down now.

Yes, you should calm down now ;)

we should stay realistic, is it possible to stand on a walking vehicle, does the engine allow that? it sounds very cool but i dout its possible.

Originally posted by Andy867

Hey Duncan, were you going to apply specular textures to the AT-AT. I have been helping Manquesa out with his vehicles for specular textures, and they have turned out great and will be featured in the asteroids map.

i dont know what specular textures exactly, so i dont realy know if we gone to apply them. Mark (Scouttrooper) is probably doing the skins, if you could give us some hints, Andy867, would be great. every suggestion or help is welcome!

there is also another point i d'like to take up again, death animation. they are more difficult then i tought, i know the onces from Ep. V but they doesnt reals fit for a destruction caused of missile hits. what you think, how should they look?

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

the ATAT will be a very tought one and only destroyable with special/strong weapons or vehilces. if someone has suggestions or know how to do it, please post it.

This is set by the "toughness" entry in the .veh file.

I will try to explain it as well as I can...

Toughness judges how much damage is filtered out when something hits the vehicle. If, for example, the toughness is "80.0", 80% of the damage will be removed as the projectile/laser hits the vehicle, so it will only recieve 20% of the weapon's full power. So, if a weapon that does a damage of 100 shoots the vehicle once, the vehicle will take 20% of the possible 100 damage, and take a 20 HP hit instead of 100.

Sorry if that's hard to understand, ask any questions if you're not sure!

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

i havent seen any vehicle that have usefull multible driver support. i dont even think its possible to let one player drive and an otherone to aim. if someone know how to do this, please let us know. but i think it makes no sense for a second driver if he cant do anything or only fire where the main driver is aiming.

It is possible, if you set up a gun as a turret. The driver won't be able to fire it, but another player could. Look at the .veh file for the yt-1300, that has the turret info. I'm just trying to figure out how to set up the bones for the turret right now. But basically, the driver will fire whatever main weapons it has and missles or whatever. Then a passenger could get in and control a turret, only problem is that the turret would be useless without a passenger. Although there is also an AI controlled turret. The whole thing is a bit buggy though.

Okay I may be wrong here but I suspect this vehicle would be better suited to a STATIC MD3 model instead. REASON......Have you tried making a map that will accomodate this NPC? I mean I have an original PREFAB of one and it's to scale. But I mean come on you guys this thing is just too big in my opinion. I REALLY LOVE the idea but think it's just too unrealistic. I know you are all hyped about it and stuff but think in terms of map size here. I hear people making maps as big as 20,000 units. This is TOO big. Takes you 15 minutes to get from one end to the other without a vehicle and the framerate is terrible. I mean the terrain height alone would have to be at least 2000 units+. Kiss your FPS goodbye. Now we come to the animation part which the engine has to calculate. So lets say you have the bare MINIMUM of two ATATs moving along the ground in a HUGE map enviornment.......4FPS or lower?

Please...someone correct me and say I don't know what I'm talking about. At least this way I know that the ATAT model is a REALITY and I can look forward to a cool vehicle!!:D

Have you tried making a map that will accomodate this NPC? I mean I have an original PREFAB of one and it's to scale. But I mean come on you guys this thing is just too big in my opinion. I REALLY LOVE the idea but think it's just too unrealistic.

I think you're wrong because that statement is hypocritical.

You're saying if we scale it so it's the correct size compared to a player, that'd it'd be unrealistic? isn't doing that realistic though? and if maps can be big enough to allow space ships to fly around in with out crashisng I'm sure at AT-AT will fit.

nice Skin btw, but I think you should make it look used, like rust on the feet/legs, and maybe blast marks on the hull.

Well Raisin I did say correct me. I did state it would be cool. I didn't say it was a bad idea I said it's unrealistic. UNREALISTIC as in why put it in a map if your FPS hits the floor? And I haven't got an answer yet still. I want to know how you can have such large animated MODELS moving GREAT distances without KILLING the framerate. Cramming something this size into lets say the JKR maps would be silly. NOT enough room!!

PLEASE!! Someone send me some screenshots of ATATs moving around in a HUGE map so that I know it's possible. LARGE MAP.....need TONS of room to turn around. Tell me its true...thats all. I'm just as excited as the next guy here.....don't keep me in suspense.:D

Tfighter...if anyone knows about scale its a modeller. It is the right scale. Watch the movie again a few times and you will see. 2 times higher? Yikes...not at all

Archived