Home

WIP: AT-AT

Duncan_10158

Originally posted by Dolmkazaahr

Do i have to become a beta tester to see the beta version that supports the droideka?

Well, you don't need to sign up or anything. You can just download the Beta and try it out. If you have anything to say they welcome the feedback, but there aren't any obligations.:)

The site with the Mod (the finished and Beta versions) is here:

OJP Website

Also, the Droideka works without the mod. It will just be missing the enhancements that the mod supplies.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, I noticed it worked without the mod, but i thought it still worked pretty well, though it was amazing with the mod on. Anyway never mind the Droideka what about the AT-AT, any set dates for it?I know the actual model and vehicle is finish but when will the mod/coding be finished and available for download.

Also Duncan can I post news on JK3FILES.com about the AT-AT, I thought I'd ask cause I thought it wasn't my place to post it as news, though I'd like to.

I only have one question. Will the ATAT be out before BATTLEFRONT? If not not much point in making one. Since JA has mostly annoying player animations and people will have mostly moved on to bigger and better games. I mean AWESOME job and all....it's just if it takes forever to make one there just doesn't seem to be any point in my opinion. BTW...LOVE the HELLFIRE..that was yours right?

first to say, i havent any news from Phunk about the coding part. he is still in the middle of his Moviebattle II project. but i expect the coding to do will not take that long when Phunk get to it. but sorry there is not date.

the skin isnt finished too, to Scouttroopeer, who is making it, i lost contact since our dispute about his ewok models. i hope he will come back and work on on our project here.

Thanks Duncan, but what other sites, if any?

the beta version i will not submit to any other sites, cause i dont like these >this is a next beta version< releases. the >final< version will be submitted to all sites i know and also those i dont know. my work is free to use for everybody.

Originally posted by majinrevan

Hey!! Thanks. I'll be sure to help you. How would I get it though? E-mail? Website?

i just thought of making a >not new code mod needed< version of the ATAT so we can start to work on the veh file settings. it wouldnt have a sequenced walking cycle, only one death animation, the head wouldnt be movable and most of the animations wouldnt be visible, but you would get a fist impression and see it in game yourself. i gone put that together and let you know when i uploaded it to my site.

Also Duncan can I post news on JK3FILES.com about the AT-AT, I thought I'd ask cause I thought it wasn't my place to post it as news, though I'd like to.

The AT-AT project isnt a secret at all, you are very welcome to post news about it everywhere you want. this is an free project, as soon its finished everyone can use it for it own map/siege/mod or whatever.

Originally posted by lauser

I only have one question. Will the ATAT be out before BATTLEFRONT? If not not much point in making one. Since JA has mostly annoying player animations and people will have mostly moved on to bigger and better games. I mean AWESOME job and all....it's just if it takes forever to make one there just doesn't seem to be any point in my opinion.

i see your point and i agree somehow. it doesnt have much sense to work on something that never get finished, right. but i realy want this project to have finished and i want this project to have finished soon. i dont know when BATTLEFRONT will be released but i know that the AT-AT project is about 90% finished. the animation was an incredible hugh work, i had to set some tousands of animation tags, it took very long, but belive me, i want this to be finished.

;)

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

also i point i have to mention, cause the bone movements are limited in distance they can move in animation, and this is linked somehow to the model size, i have to scale down the ATAT to about 2/3 of the size on the pictures. so the ATAT is abit smaller then i wanted but its still hugh. i will post some pics soon.

Hmmm, this seems more practical to have it smaller. One of the reasons is map size and framerate issues. I think I have a good handle with HINT brushes to make a map a little more stable. Nevermind ANTIPORTALS. These will be paramount for maps that will host this vehicle.

I just wish you could get around the size issue or at the very least have it 15% bigger than it is right now. Or about 75% of what it is in ACTUAL scale.

I got no news from Phunk nor Scouttrooper, BUT i loaded up a beta version of the ATAT. its a version that workes without a mod, so the ATAT doesnt work as i want it to, but it gives you a first impression. but keep in ind this is a BETA.

everyone is welcome to test it and give any feedback or post news or picture wherevers thy want, but dont upload it as final version anywhere else, i think i already said that, its a beta version.

you can get the atat_beta07_umoded.zip file on my site:

http://io.meskinaw.net/index.html

most of the best features in my view are missing, so check it out in modview to see all the animations for ex. i will post a long list of final features as soon Phunk is gone start the coding part.

have fun and let me know.

This AT-AT is great, Duncan! My only complaints are that it seems too weak. I shot it a couple times with a concussion rifle and down it went. It also seems a tad too small. It also seems a little odd how it disappears instead of exploding when it falls.

oke i got it to work and i thnx for already saying it TK :D

yea its weak lol very weak i shot it 3 times with the fletchette nades and Poof ***** Be gone he saydand uhm the Scale of the spawning box is a little weird cant you make it like the size of the atat?

and one last thing i think you should make the Primary (however you write it) the same as the secondary fire and maybe the secondary could be some blast like the ATST secondary fire? couse the normal blasters as the primary fire are a little useless Weak lol

Archived