Home

WIP: AT-AT

Duncan_10158

It needs foot step sounds but this is only beta right. Its a little to small. A little to weak. If you make it bigger make it faster too. It is to slow. Believe it or not it can move up to speeds of 60 KPH. The real size is about 15 m tall, and 20 m long. Very good job. With some tweaks it could be perfect.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, is this where I come in? May I start tweaking it? If you know good places for sounds, I could even put sounds in. I just downloaded it and I will be trying it soon. Maybe you should make the dimensions bigger (you know in the .veh file).

:fett:

I've done some changes for it... I've made it a whole lot tougher, and way more effective weapons. The primary fire is the same as the AT-ST's, and the secondary fire is a linked Hoth turret laser. Very powerful they are.

TK-8252 and MadCow1989,

HA... i got you, you didnt read the readme file!

sometimes i realy ask my self why i write these files when nobody reads it? is there anybody out there who can read at all?

do you know Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll? when Alice follows the white rabit into the rabite hole, she come into a room with two doors. the one she enterd is normal size but the door on the other side of the room is very small, only a few inches. in the mddle of the room is a table and on the table is a bottle. when Alice comes closer to the table she sees that the bottle has scrap of paper on it on which is writen, drink me.

to understand this, you have to see what means this bottle, what is it for, why is it there. its some kind of riddle, to get into the better world on the other side of the small door you have change yourself, give up all our dayly belives. this bottle is there to be drunk, that its all about, drink me. it says Alice what she has to do, give up the rational thinking and just do what she want to do and creat her own world.

to make it short, READ THE README FILE!!!!!

well lol i was so Glad i got totaly Hyperactive couse a beta of the atat was out so i was like Screw the readme so tested it :p but oke il read it

and another thing are you ever thinking of Doing an B-wing in the future lol since your such a great modeler

the atat is a "bit" imba...

1) 2 shots of the laserturrets on hoth and the atat is destroyed...

2) the primary attack is too weak and the secondary, too

3) the primary and secondary laser attack should be red not orange or whatever ;)

4) the primary attacklaser need a little splash.. like the laserturrets on hoth

4) the secondary attack need mora ammo

If you want to see the death animations of the AT-AT, why not use npc kill all? ;)

BTW, a great map to use the AT-AT on is the Sarlacc map by LivingDeadJedi. Very wide, open desert... you can even fly ships around and take shots at the AT-ATs.

Umm, Duncan, may I modify it and release it as its own vehicle. The OJP stuff sucks (no offense)!! I like vehicles seperately, not in some other mod that I don't want.

Also, Duncan, I would be very thankful if you could do some modelling for me. I wanted four models. Of course, it is your choice on if you want to do them. I'll give you credit for the models, and me credit for the rest.

Here they are:

1. X-TIE Ugly (TIE Fighter with X-Wing cockpit and engine).

2. Y-TIE Ugly (Same as above, with Y-wing cockpit).

3. TYE-Wing Ugly (Y-wing with TIE Fighter cockpit).

4. Chir'daki (spelling?) A.K.A. X-Ball Ugly (X-wing with TIE Fighter cockpit and engines).

I would be very thankful if you could make these because I don't have 3DS MAX (I'm gonna try to download it from somewhere) and I also don't know where I would make the skins. I mean, if I just paint the wings in a .jpg files, how do I know that they will end up on the wings? What if they end up on the cockpit!?!?!

:fett:

Originally posted by majinrevan

Umm, Duncan, may I modify it and release it as its own vehicle. The OJP stuff sucks (no offense)!! I like vehicles seperately, not in some other mod that I don't want.

NO, this beta version wasnt made for that, its exactly what i dont want! i will release a stand-alone version on my own. i didnt gave you the access to this file so you can release it with some veh modifications. if you have a good veh file setting, send it to me and i will put it into the stand-alone and/or mod-using versions. that was the deal, cooperate on this project.

majinrevan, i know you just want to creat a improved vehicle version, thats what you are good in, but it make no sense to release your improved version of my ATAT befor my ATAT is released. sorry, i cant allow you to imporve something that isnt even finished. so to make it absolutly clear, NO.

Originally posted by Lil Killa

true he'll probably mod the vehicle before it's released but if he submits it to any of the major file sites Duncan can get it taken down easily.....

i hate the idea to checking the file sites and requesting them to take that down. its confusing and makes the community very angry. i dont like to do that, but i would do it, so once again:

majinrevan dont release the ATAT, please.

wait until we finished it, thanks.

Originally posted by TIE-pilot

:( :( :( i tryed to spawn the atat on the map naboohills... the atat works but if i spawn the snow-speeder-tfp the game crashed... :( :(

EDIT: PHEW good news... i spawned them on ravens mp/siege_hoth.. and it WORKS

the game crashed couse naboohills also takes all the vehicle slots in one map it means taht there are too many vehicles placed in a map so it cant take to spawn new ones and it crashes

Duncan i remember you said that u couldn't make it any bigger because of the limit to the length of the bones but is there no way you can make the AT-AT bigger?Please because its just plain far to small.The atst is the size of its leg, when its really meant to be the size of half its leg so i dont mind a little sizing down but that really is to small, so please make it bigger in the final release.

Archived