Home

WIP: AT-AT

Duncan_10158

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahahaha. You guys are funny. I'm not that stupid to modify and release your AT-AT. I am just modifying it, then I'll find someway to send it to Duncan to see if he likes it. Umm, I tried putting the Hoth Turret lasers in it, but when I tried to shoot, nothing happened. For the slot of primary fire I put hoth_turret <--- is that what I am supposed to write? I quicky put turbolaser down in the slot, but I haven't tested it yet. AT-AT's do have turbolasers you know. I might be able to get the sounds for it from the game: Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns.

O.K.

:fett:

I saw it . looking great.

I woudl love to talk to you about the animaitons .I seem to have troubles when I link alot of bones togther. I then get a error about ununiform scaling on the sequence during compile. Any ideas on why?

Now to the ATAT . I to have been working on a ATAT sadly I recently put mine aside for awhile. But I do have sounds and a few things that may be of use to you ,so perhaps we can assist each other

feel free to email me at holly8wood@hotmail.com

Thanks

KOTORMRjay

KOTORMRJAY!!

Dude, you still exist!! Yeah!! Hey, man, I'm still waiting to beta test!! You haven't e-mailed me any updates about the KFS Version 3 map for a long time!! And yeah, your AT-AT was a good start, but Duncan's was definitely the best so far. "So far," what am I saying, only you two have ever made it!!

Originally posted by Dolmkazaahr

Duncan i remember you said that u couldn't make it any bigger because of the limit to the length of the bones but is there no way you can make the AT-AT bigger?Please because its just plain far to small.The atst is the size of its leg, when its really meant to be the size of half its leg so i dont mind a little sizing down but that really is to small, so please make it bigger in the final release.

you are right about the size the ATAT should have, but its not possible to make it bigger any more. there is a limit how far a bone can move from the some center of the vehicle. As you remember i had the ATAT bigger once the animations wasnt yet done. when i finished the animations and assimilated it i got an error telling me that a bone-distant-movement-index is at 800 something and the max is 500. so i sized the ATAT down to get exacly that max index size of 500. with this animation its not possible to make the ATAT one tad bigger. would have to redo all the animatons and everone knows how long it took me to make this one. i cant go into that again, sorry.

if you took a close look at the walking then you would have noticed the the walking cycle is quite long and if you stop walking in the middle of it an ugly moonwalk happens. to solve this i want to cutt the walking cycle into four parts that follow each other to creat the hole cycle. thats one thing i want to use the mod for. another is to make the head moveable so you can aim better/faster independent from the hole vehicles turnig speed.

these are only two of a hole list of features that a mod would support. but i want it make somehow so everyone can implement that kind of improved walker class support into its own mod. its like the droideka, there are MB2 and FM3 implementing/creating code for the droideka to work in thire mods.

about the mod supported/ not-mod supported ATAT versions, if someone played the droideka with and without the mod she/he realized a hugh difference in gameplay, realizm and fun- factor. this kind of diffence will be even bigger with the ATAT. its not possible to make one version of the ATAT for both uses like it is with the droideka (as much as i know now), but i promiss to release a stand-alone version of the ATAT but it will not be nearly as fun to play as the mod supported version in a mod.

where to put the camera was a big problem for me, cause i think to see your own vehicle walking give you in fact the feeling to drive it. if i put the camera over the head, an i thought of that, you cant see the vehicle and animations anymore and most of the cool ATAT feeling gets lost. so i hade to put the camera miles back to get a good overview but it has drawbacks as well. if someone finds a better camera possition, she/he is very welcome to send it to me. i will put it into the ATAT.

thanks majinrevan, your modifications are very welcome if you send it to me. i am happy you proved Lil Killa and Lei Hng Wei ;)

Originally posted by majinrevan

KOTORMRJAY!!

Dude, you still exist!! Yeah!! Hey, man, I'm still waiting to beta test!! You haven't e-mailed me any updates about the KFS Version 3 map for a long time!! And yeah, your AT-AT was a good start, but Duncan's was definitely the best so far. "So far," what am I saying, only you two have ever made it!!

The only place I remember him from is the Stolen Y-Wing comments page in pcgamemods

That was some good ol fashion DRAMA!

Here's what I've done for the weaponry in the atat.veh file:

weap1			atst_laser
weap1Delay		250
weap1AmmoMax		50
weap1AmmoRechargeMS	500

weapMuzzle1		atst_laser
weapMuzzle2		atst_laser

weap2			atat_laser
weap2Delay		500
weap2Aim		1
weap2AmmoMax		25
weap2AmmoRechargeMS	1500
//NOTE: these are *always* linked... permanently linked muzzles don't use a cumulative delay, just the one that's specified here.
weap2link		2

weapMuzzle3		atat_laser
weapMuzzle4		atat_laser

And now the atat_laser.vwp:

atat_laser
{
name		atat_laser
projectile	1
muzzleFX	"turret/hoth_muzzle_flash"
shotFX		"turret/hoth_shot"
impactFX	"turret/hoth_impact"
g2MarkShader	"gfx/effects/scorch"
g2MarkSize	64
speed		7500
damage		1000
splashDamage	320
splashRadius	200
ammoPerShot	1
lifetime	2000
}

I have a different sound for the Hoth turret, it's more of a turbolaser from the Death Star sound. Goes in great!

I've modified the AT-ST laser as well to go much faster. The old one couldn't hit the side of a Sandcrawler. Here it is:

atst_laser
{
name		atst_laser
projectile	1
muzzleFX	"atst/main_muzzleflash"
shotFX		"atst/shot_red"
impactFX	"atst/wall_impact"
g2MarkShader	"gfx/damage/bodyburnmark1"
g2MarkSize	16
speed		5000
damage	75
splashDamage	20
splashRadius	50
ammoPerShot	1
width		8
height	8
lifetime	10000
}

As well as modifing weapons, I've modified the AT-AT's explosion. The new explosion is taken directly from the Star Destroyer siege.

explosionRadius 5000
explosionDamage 10000
explodeFX		"ships/sd_explosion"
explosionDelay	5350
maxPassengers	32

It creates a tremendous explosion, that destroys everything for quite a ways. I've also given the AT-AT passenger support for 32 players (an entire server), since the AT-ATs were used for transportation too.

See anything you like, Duncan?

Heh, I have done most of those things, minus the sounds. I also am trying to put a turbolaser in which is the most realistic thing. Turbolasers are actually used in AT-AT's believe it or not.

Otherwise, nice work, TK-8252.

True, the Hoth turrets/turbolasers aren't vehicle weapons, they're their own weapon.

BUT! There's another vehicle weapon called "yt_turbolaser" which seems to be much like the Hoth turret. I still haven't figured out what vehicle uses the yt_turbolaser, I guess it's just something Raven made and never used (typical). I based the AT-AT laser on the yt_turbolaser. Here's yt_turbolaser.vwp:

yt_turbolaser
{
name		yt_turbolaser
projectile	1
muzzleFX	"ships/yt_turbomuzzleflash"
shotFX		"ships/reb_blastershot"
impactFX	"ships/reb_blasterimpact"
g2MarkShader	"gfx/effects/scorch"
g2MarkSize	64
//loopSound
speed		25000
//damage		500
//splashDamage	160
damage		1000
splashDamage	320
splashRadius	200
ammoPerShot	1
lifetime	2000
}

Majin you will get to see what KOTORJay has been up to within the next few days. I have about 10 or more pics of KFS 3, which looks awesome. Plus a few new SW vehicles, including his on ATAT. More can be read in the interview later on. Speaking of ATAT's Duncan, do you know you can noclip under the beta version of the ATAT and take it up in the sky then when you move out under it the law of gravity kicks in. Its really funny too. The ATAT could use longer life and more weapons, maybe even a secondary weapon system. Over all I like what you have done with it.

Umm, I really made the AT-AT really good yesterday. I used the atat_laser and the atat_gun and tweaked them, changed noises. Oh, and I got the correct noises for the AT-AT!! I haven't tested it yet because I didn't have enough time. And besides, I'm in school right now. And I'm supposed to be working on a project, LOL. I also changed the graphics for the atat_gun and I improved the cockpit. It wasn't red enough..........

I am also improving health, rate of fire, speed (yay!!), possibly height, and possibly width. Other things too. But I bet my AT-AT improvements are somewhere in the top 2, if not the first.

"The only place I remember him from is the Stolen Y-Wing comments page in pcgamemods

That was some good ol fashion DRAMA!"

Oh come on now , you at least have seen some work

And yes the interview will be up soon ,I hope.

now for Duncan:

As far as the size issue I have a solution that will help drastickly without re doing your animations .I also have a few other things that might be of interest to you.

Feel free to contact me holly8wood@hotmail.com

(please use a subject head that is fitting)

""Dude, you still exist!! Yeah!! Hey, man, I'm still waiting to beta test!! You haven't e-mailed me any updates about the KFS Version 3 map for a long time!! And yeah, your AT-AT was a good start, but Duncan's was definitely the best so far. "So far," what am I saying, only you two have ever made it!!

""

you to can contact me if you like , we all get togther every friday or so for testing and catch up on whats new just look for me on msn .

KOTORMRJay

"The only place I remember him from is the Stolen Y-Wing comments page in pcgamemods

now for Duncan:

As far as the size issue I have a solution that will help drastickly without re doing your animations .I also have a few other things that might be of interest to you.

""Dude, you still exist!! Yeah!! Hey, man, I'm still waiting to beta test!! You haven't e-mailed me any updates about the KFS Version 3 map for a long time!! And yeah, your AT-AT was a good start, but Duncan's was definitely the best so far. "So far," what am I saying, only you two have ever made it!!

""

you to can contact me if you like , we all get togther every friday or so for testing and catch up on whats new just look for me on msn .

KOTORMRJay

now for Duncan:

""

KOTORMRJay

Archived