Home

WIP: AT-AT

Duncan_10158

Originally posted by majinrevan

DogGy, yes I did say it was mine. Here is why: It is. Duncan_10158 made the beta version. I re-modded it completely!! It is easier to call it "my AT-AT" rather than say Dunacn101_58's AT-AT for the beta and the remake. Plus, he didn't make the new version. I did. He just supplied a model, animations, a skin (which I fixed), and temporary .veh and .npc files.

OMG, I'm stunned....

Just when I thought majinrevan couldn't get more arrogant\conceited\outrageous, he tops himself....

"He just supplied a model, animations, a skin..." in other words, he made the most important, hardest-to-create parts. You messed around with his textures and edited some text files. Whoopteedo. Where would your changes to some TEXT files be without his work? Nowhere. Try making a model, even a simple lightsaber hilt, much less a complex, animated vehicle like an AT-AT. Don't have a clue, do you? Sickening :rolleyes:

You have the arrogance and gall to call it "your" AT-AT? I can cut you some slack for being immature even for a 14-year-old, but this is just too much.

I feel very sorry for Duncan :( His creation and hard work is getting hijacked before it is even finished.

Let this be a warning to all modders: choose your collaborators very carefully.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DogGy, yes I did say it was mine. Here is why: It is. Duncan_10158 made the beta version. I re-modded it completely!! It is easier to call it "my AT-AT" rather than say Dunacn101_58's AT-AT for the beta and the remake. Plus, he didn't make the new version. I did. He just supplied a model, animations, a skin (which I fixed), and temporary .veh and .npc files.

Wait wait wait, this realy make my angry, you think you remoded it completly? and i just made the model and animation? (Scouttrooper made the skin btw)

you have no idea what you are talking about! the animations took me two months to do, your needed a few hours for your mod. so dont tell me that i just made the animations. the ATAT is my model and, majinrevan, dont even think of calling it yours. i hope this is absolutly clear now!

i tested the version majinrevan send me and its still quite unbalanced. the death exposion is gigantic, it even kills you if you are in an other atat on the other side of the map. this is not practical. killing one ATAT would kill all on a map, the damage radius is much to big. the green laser shot should be red like in episode V. most other settings are quite ok, altough not perfect yet.

but keep in mind, this ATAT is a beta. you got it cause you beged me for it, its not, its not finished yet. there are still lots of things to do, like fixing mesh and animtion bus, LOD support, finish skins, sounds, shaders and other things. the beta plus majinrevan's moding doesnt mean at all finished version.

please dont make my angry.

Ouch. Sheesh (that word sucks...). Man, I was in a hurry, I guess it counts a lot what you say. I didn't really mean that. Of course, I can't model or animate. I'd love to learn though. I sorta just wrote stuff because DogGy got me pissed (somehow, he didn't even say anything bad!!) and I haven't been having a smooth life right now. If you want to know: My dad has been very mean and irrational lately, I'm not understanding a lot of stuff in school (and I'm a straight A sudent), I didn't play tennis for such a long time, that I suck now, I can't get a girlfriend (shut up...), and my life basically just sucks. So, please don't take it personally if I say something dumb. I am very sorry to say dumb stuff, and I'll try my hardest from now on to not to say dumb stuff when I am pissed off.

So, Duncan_10158, please understand. I didn't mean to say just. Didn't want to get you mad. Definitely, you made most of the stuff. I just fixed the skin in an area where it was incorrect (the viewport). You have to admit though, the "texting" I did was quite good. And plus, I don't have much time. I'm only allowed on the computer for an hour...

Also, I didn't just do "texting." I don't mean to bragg, but I love my texting stuff...

Also, yes the explosion is too big and the laser color being green. Read the other posts about it. You'll find out why...

So, please understand. Amidala, just curious, can you model or animate? If so, please teach me how to. If not..........O.K., LOL.

:fett:

You're only allowed on the computer an hour? What do you do the rest of the time? That would stink. Well, in the original beta version of the AT-AT I didn't notice much that was wrong, right now I can't think of anything but I think there was something I notice(not sure what). Good animations though, actually, great animations.

Ouch. Sheesh (that word sucks...). Man, I was in a hurry, I guess it counts a lot what you say. I didn't really mean that. Of course, I can't model or animate. I'd love to learn though. I sorta just wrote stuff because DogGy got me pissed (somehow, he didn't even say anything bad!!)

Excuses excuses :rolleyes: How many times do you think your worthless apologies and excuses are going to get you out of the trouble you get yourself into?

...and I haven't been having a smooth life right now. If you want to know: My dad has been very mean and irrational lately, I'm not understanding a lot of stuff in school (and I'm a straight A sudent), I didn't play tennis for such a long time, that I suck now, I can't get a girlfriend (shut up...), and my life basically just sucks.

:ball: oh boo hoo, take your teenage drama elsewhere. No one cares. Like your life is so horrible compared to some 14-year-old's in Iraq or Gaza. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and get a grip. None of that excuses being an arrogant, grasping jerk.

And plus, I don't have much time. I'm only allowed on the computer for an hour...

I think both you and the community would be much better off if your daddy restricted your computer time even more, and you spent more time studying the things your brilliant straight-A mind can't comprehend, working on your tennis game, and learning how to talk to girls...

So, please understand. Amidala, just curious, can you model or animate? If so, please teach me how to. If not..........O.K., LOL.

You must be joking. I wouldn't waste my time on a future juvenile delinquent like you. And I'm not the one claiming to have "created" something that I don't have a clue how to create. Nice try, "LOL" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Excuses excuses :rolleyes: How many times do you think your worthless apologies and excuses are going to get you out of the trouble you get yourself into?

:ball: oh boo hoo, take your teenage drama elsewhere. No one cares. Like your life is so horrible compared to some 14-year-old's in Iraq or Gaza. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and get a grip. None of that excuses being an arrogant, grasping jerk.

I think both you and the community would be much better off if your daddy restricted your computer time even more, and you spent more time studying the things your brilliant straight-A mind can't comprehend, working on your tennis game, and learning how to talk to girls...

You must be joking. I wouldn't waste my time on a future juvenile delinquent like you. And I'm not the one claiming to have "created" something that I don't have a clue how to create. Nice try, "LOL" :rolleyes:

True, true, very true. Except the part about me not being sincere. I am very sincere this time.

Oh and, please stop playing around with my age. I'm not the only one with lame excuses. I mean: Cut some slack because you're 14. And: Well, you are only 14, so...

Oh, and about the thing with the computer. Don't even get into it. It's my life. I did stupidly post that here, I'll admit. So what you do with that information is your choice. But, still, mind your own business. Things with my dad and I aren't exactly good. Bah!!, I waste my time. You wouldn't ever understand...

Oh, I'm only allowed on the computer for an hour a day at home when I'm modding and playing.

Also, Amidala. Not to be "ignorant," but do you ever try to stop correcting me? What about other people? There are tons of people worse than me. And what about yourself? No one is perfect. And watch, your response to that will be: I never said I was perfect. What gives you that idea.

I get that idea from the way you talk.

So, Amidala. I am willing to make things better again between us. I mean, to forget what stupid things I have done, and give me another chance. I'm not saying that I'm the only one at fault here though. I'll "forgive" you too, if you will.

Amidala, this sounds really stupid, considering what I have just written to you: I have always respected you and look at you as the big sister of Lucas Forums. But, I think you are "extending" your authority. So, let's settle down, and try to start things over again. I won't do or say stupid things. You will try to improve others/and yourself rather than just me. Let's just try it. I'm sure you're gonna disagree. You have a "reputation" of that.

Oh, and I agree, I won't let petty things that are teenager things ruin my life. Iraqi and Gaza teenagers suffer a lot worse. But, I sorta always loved armies, so...never mind...

One more thing Amidala. I'm guessing that you are passed being a teenager, right? If so, did you ever go through the "problems" that I am going through? Even if they are petty, I still need to experience them and my reactions to them. It's a part of life. I don't want some complete stranger telling me that I need to get over it.

As far as crying, "Boo hoo!" ----. I haven't cried in three years. And no, I'm not bragging.

Originally posted by EvillittleJawa

Dude... .LOLLOL what u said Revan looks like its made up!! like anyone here gives...

Not to be rude but, huh???? What do you mean???? Can you please use some grammar and correct punctuation????

One more thing Amidala. I'm guessing that you are passed being a teenager, right? If so, did you ever go through the "problems" that I am going through? Even if they are petty, I still need to experience them and my reactions to them. It's a part of life. I don't want some complete stranger telling me that I need to get over it.

As far as crying, "Boo hoo!" ----. I haven't cried in three years. And no, I'm not bragging.

Listen mate, heres some advice. Don't ever post in this thread again. Ever. Bad things will happen if you do.

This - is - pathetic.

Majin, learn from Amidala.

*I really want to just strangle you right now.*

It takes really, really no skill or talent to change 0's to 1's in NotePad. It doesn't take any skill or talent to fill in a part of a texture flat red in Microsoft Paint.

It *does* take skill and talent to make models, animations, and GOOD skins.

IT IS NOT YOUR AT-AT GOD DAMNIT! YOU MADE .VEH FILE CHANGES AND MINOR SKIN "FIXES!"

NEXT:

Originally posted by majinraven

and I haven't been having a smooth life right now. If you want to know: My dad has been very mean and irrational lately, I'm not understanding a lot of stuff in school (and I'm a straight A sudent), I didn't play tennis for such a long time, that I suck now, I can't get a girlfriend (shut up...), and my life basically just sucks.

THEN:

Don't even get into it. It's my life. I did stupidly post that here, I'll admit. So what you do with that information is your choice. But, still, mind your own business. Things with my dad and I aren't exactly good.

THEN DON'T RAMBLE ON ABOUT HOW YOUR LIFE SUCKS! IF IT'S YOUR LIFE AND YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE GETTING INTO IT... DON'T POST ABOUT IT!!!!!!!

FINALLY:

I am very sincere this time.

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SAID THAT AND EVERYTIME YOU'VE GONE BACK ON YOUR WORD?!

Now I'm sorry, but this is just TOO MORONIC.

You owe it to Duncan to let HIM at LEAST release his AT-AT without you being a parasite and stealing his work and calling it your own BEFORE IT'S RELEASED! It'd be a DAMN SHAME if Duncan's AT-AT showcase thread gets locked because you post such MORONIC CRAP here that people such as myself can't help themselves but go insane.

Take Michael's advice and do everyone a favor just STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

[/rage]

Simply: no. I never meant it as "my" AT-AT. I mean, the one you were modding=your AT-AT. Just a way of making life simpler. I won't ever release "my" AT-AT unless Duncan_10158 likes it.

Umm, dude. Please, read everything. I admitted that I was doing MORONIC things. And I never said that animating and modeling doesn't require skill, not even in the beginning. Of course it requires skill. I have no skill in that area, which I wish I had.

Like I just said, I was being a dick. Like I also just said, I apologize and won't ever do that again.

I don't care if you have to read every post here in Lucas Forums that I posted. If you don't believe me, then I must stop trying to convince you that I am sincere, because you'll never believe me. But, I am sincere.

End of story.

Now, let's get back to the AT-AT. I would never want to see this thread get locked.

majinrevan made some statements that werent appropriate and he apologizes it. this forum is about Jedi Knight Editing, i dont think its a good idea to bring our dayly live problems, which surly everyone of us in some way has, in here. cause we can neighter realy understand nor help eachother. the only thing we can do is talking about the editing and make this part of our live a good one.

so lets stop those flaming, thats past, and go back to the topic of this thread.

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

majinrevan made some statements that werent appropriate and he apologizes it. this forum is about Jedi Knight Editing, i dont think its a good idea to bring our dayly live problems, which surly everyone of us in some way has, in here. cause we can neighter realy understand nor help eachother. the only thing we can do is talking about the editing and make this part of our live a good one.

so lets stop those flaming, thats past, and go back to the topic of this thread.

Thank you.

Duncan_10158, I have created another AT-AT. It is a ton better. It has shields, smaller explosion radius (like 50 times smaller...). And the explosion damage is less (90 times less...). I'll e-mail it to you soon.

This stuff isn't exactly rocket science

The thing that amazes me and what I don't understand is all this worship of majinrevan's "modding" of vehicles. Compared to almost any other type of modding, it is ridiculously easy and takes no special tools, talent, or skill, and very little knowledge. People take chances getting him involved with their mods and risking having him stab them in the back and take credit for their work ("MY Republic Gunship", "MY AT-AT") when what he "contributes" is so easy that even a child could do it (and does do it).

Why take chances working with such a loose cannon when anybody can do what he does themselves, with no risk of your creation being hijacked. Here, I'll show you (majinrevan might even learn something, although he would never admit it):

Tools you will need:

• Jedi Academy
  • WinZip or Pakscape to open and make .pk3 files (both free downloads)
  • A text editor like Notepad or Wordpad (included with Windows)
  • The Siege and Vehicle Tutorial from Raven (this stuff is so easy majinrevan probably didn't even read it) available here

It's not like you have to buy an expensive 3D modelling program or graphics program (or have a "friend" "burn one" (pirate one) for him as majinrevan lets slip in one of his posts on pcgamemods.com).

As the tutorial states, each vehicle needs only simple text files to be created (or edited in majinravin's case):

STEP 3: Make NPC and VEH Files for your Vehicle

The NPC file is simple, it’s just a very basic .npc definition that is used to actual spawn a Vehicle NPC in the game. The only rule to remember are that the name of the NPC and the name of the Vehicle must be the same. Also, note that the width and height are in the NPC file so that the bounding box is correct when it spawns. Width is a radius (so it’s half the width value in the .veh file) and height is full height (same as the height value in the .veh).

The VEH file is where all the real definitions for the Vehicle are contained.

For a description of what each field in the .veh file does, check out the template.veh (use any text editing program to view it).

The tutorial also mentions weapon .vwp files. Most of the time people just use the standard Raven-defined weapons such as concussion_missle, imp_laser, etc. However, variations of these weapons can be created by creating new .vwp files based on the standard ones, but that is optional. The .vwp files also are simple text files and Raven provides a template explaining the different weapon characteristics that can be changed.

So you really just need are a .veh file and a .npc file. With me so far? Good.

For instance, this is the tie-fighter.npc file:

tie-fighter

{

playerTeam TEAM_NEUTRAL

enemyTeam TEAM_NEUTRAL

class CLASS_VEHICLE

width 140

height 300

}

This is the lambdashuttle.npc file:

LambdaShuttle

{

weapon WP_NONE

playerTeam TEAM_NEUTRAL

enemyTeam TEAM_NEUTRAL

class CLASS_VEHICLE

width 250

height 248

}

Just make sure that the width in the .npc file is half the width in the .veh file, and that height is the same in both files.

Wow, that was hard.

Next the .veh file. Raven provides a template that describes all the different characteristics that can be modified. Don't be freaked out by all the verbiage, it is mostly descriptions of the various vehicle characteristics. The actual .veh files are quite simple, as you will see:

/*

char *name; //unique name of the vehicle

//general data

vehicleType_t type; //what kind of vehicle

int numHands; //if 2 hands, no weapons, if 1 hand, can use 1-handed weapons, if 0 hands, can use 2-handed weapons

float lookPitch; //How far you can look up and down off the forward of the vehicle

float lookYaw; //How far you can look left and right off the forward of the vehicle

float length; //how long it is - used for body length traces when turning/moving?

float width; //how wide it is - used for body length traces when turning/moving?

float height; //how tall it is - used for body length traces when turning/moving?

vec3_t centerOfGravity;//offset from origin: {forward, right, up} as a modifier on that dimension (-1.0f is all the way back, 1.0f is all the way forward)

//speed stats

float speedMax; //top speed

float turboSpeed; //turbo speed

float speedMin; //if < 0, can go in reverse

float speedIdle; //what speed it drifts to when no accel/decel input is given

float accelIdle; //if speedIdle > 0, how quickly it goes up to that speed

float acceleration; //when pressing on accelerator

float decelIdle; //when giving no input, how quickly it drops to speedIdle

float strafePerc; //multiplier on current speed for strafing. If 1.0f, you can strafe at the same speed as you're going forward, 0.5 is half, 0 is no strafing

//handling stats

float bankingSpeed; //how quickly it pitches and rolls (not under player control)

float rollLimit; //how far it can roll to either side

float pitchLimit; //how far it can roll forward or backward

float braking; //when pressing on decelerator

float turningSpeed; //how quickly you can turn

qboolean turnWhenStopped;//whether or not you can turn when not moving

float traction; //how much your command input affects velocity

float friction; //how much velocity is cut on its own

float maxSlope; //the max slope that it can go up with control

//durability stats

int mass; //for momentum and impact force (player mass is 10)

int armor; //total points of damage it can take

float toughness; //modifies incoming damage, 1.0 is normal, 0.5 is half, etc. Simulates being made of tougher materials/construction

//visuals & sounds

char *model; //what model to use - if make it an NPC's primary model, don't need this?

char *skin; //what skin to use - if make it an NPC's primary model, don't need this?

int riderAnim; //what animation the rider uses

char *soundOn; //sound to play when get on it

char *soundLoop; //sound to loop while riding it

char *soundOff; //sound to play when get off

char *exhaustFX; //exhaust effect, played from "*exhaust" bolt(s)

char *trailFX; //trail effect, played from "*trail" bolt(s)

char *impactFX; //impact effect, for when it bumps into something

char *explodeFX; //explosion effect, for when it blows up (should have the sound built into explosion effect)

//other misc stats

int gravity; //normal is 800

float hoverHeight; //if 0, it's a ground vehicle

float hoverStrength; //how hard it pushes off ground when less than hover height... causes "bounce", like shocks

qboolean waterProof; //can drive underwater if it has to

float bouyancy; //when in water, how high it floats (1 is neutral bouyancy)

int fuelMax; //how much fuel it can hold (capacity)

int fuelRate; //how quickly is uses up fuel

int visibility; //for sight alerts

int loudness; //for sound alerts

float explosionRadius;//range of explosion

int explosionDamage;//damage of explosion

int maxPassengers; // The max number of passengers this vehicle may have (Default = 0).

qboolean hideRider; // rider (and passengers?) should not be drawn

qboolean killRiderOnDeath;//if rider is on vehicle when it dies, they should die

qboolean flammable; //whether or not the vehicle should catch on fire before it explodes

int explosionDelay; //how long the vehicle should be on fire/dying before it explodes

//camera stuff

qboolean cameraOverride; //whether or not to use all of the following 3rd person camera override values

float cameraRange; //how far back the camera should be - normal is 80

float cameraVertOffset;//how high over the vehicle origin the camera should be - normal is 16

float cameraHorzOffset;//how far to left/right (negative/positive) of of the vehicle origin the camera should be - normal is 0

float cameraPitchOffset;//a modifier on the camera's pitch (up/down angle) to the vehicle - normal is 0

float cameraFOV; //third person camera FOV, default is 80

qboolean cameraAlpha; //fade out the vehicle if it's in the way of the crosshair

//sample tie-fighter.veh file

{

name tie-fighter

type VH_FIGHTER

numHands 2

lookYaw 45

length 128

width 32

height 32

centerOfGravity "-0.222 0 0"

speedMax 1400

turboSpeed 2000

speedMin -100

acceleration 20

decelIdle 0

strafePerc 0.0

bankingSpeed 0.5

rollLimit 45

pitchLimit 80

braking 20

turningSpeed 5

turnWhenStopped 0

traction 12

friction 0.5

maxSlope 0.65

mass 2000

armor 800

toughness 3.5

model x-wing

riderAnim BOTH_VS_IDLE

soundOn "sound/ships/swoop/on.mp3"

soundLoop "sound/ships/swoop/loop.wav"

exhaustFX "ships/burner"

impactFX "ships/scrape_sparks"

explodeFX "ships/ship_explosion2"

hoverHeight 80

hoverStrength 10

explosionRadius 400

explosionDamage 1000

}

*/

All that majinrevan does is change these values and then on a trial-and-error basis sees what happens. Then he brags about how he "added shields" or changed the explosion radius, etc. It's not exactly rocket science.

AND THAT'S IT! The .npc file goes in the \ext_data\npcs folder and the .veh file goes in the \ext_data\vehicles folder in the mod's .pk3 file.

Let's take a look at the infamous "Majin Revan Gunship" files and see all the "hard work" that went into making his "creation".

First Mars Marshall's original .npc file:

gunshipx

{

playerTeam TEAM_NEUTRAL

enemyTeam TEAM_NEUTRAL

class CLASS_VEHICLE

width 130

height 100

}

Now majinrevan's "improved" gunship .npc file:

republicgunship

{

playerTeam TEAM_NEUTRAL

enemyTeam TEAM_NEUTRAL

class CLASS_VEHICLE

width 130

height 100

}

Wow, he changed the name.

Well, in all fairness, most of the important stuff is in the .veh file. But they are so similar, I'll just show Mars Marshall's .veh file and put majinrevan's changes that he worked so hard on in red:

gunshipx republicgunship

{

name gunshipx republicgunship

type VH_FIGHTER

numHands 2

hideRider 1

killRiderOnDeath 1

lookYaw 45

length 460

width 460

height 60

g2radius 460

centerOfGravity "-0.222 0 0"

speedMax 1100 2000

turboSpeed 1400 2500

turboDuration 2000

turboRecharge 6000

speedMin 0

acceleration 15

decelIdle 8

accelIdle 10

speedIdle 800

//test: speed stays at whatever you last set it to...

throttleSticks 1

strafePerc 0.085

bankingSpeed 0.5

rollLimit 35 75

pitchLimit 60 75

braking 20 25

mouseYaw 0.0022

mousePitch 0.0022

turningSpeed 4.2

turnWhenStopped 0

traction 12

friction 0.4

speedDependantTurning 1

maxSlope 0.65

mass 1000

//armor 1000

//malfunctionArmorLevel 666

//health_front 300

//health_back 200

//health_right 250

//health_left 250

//shields 600

armor 1500

malfunctionArmorLevel 750

//armor 2400

//malfunctionArmorLevel 1200

health_front 600

health_back 400

health_right 500

health_left 500

shields 700

//ms per point of recharge

shieldRechargeMS 400

toughness 90.0 100.0

model gunshipvm

riderAnim BOTH_VS_IDLE

droidNPC "random"

radarIcon "gfx/menus/radar/XW"

dmgIndicFrame "gfx/menus/radar/circle_base_frame_reb"

dmgIndicShield "gfx/menus/radar/circle_base_shield"

dmgIndicBackground "gfx/menus/radar/circle_base"

icon_front "gfx/menus/radar/XW_front"

icon_back "gfx/menus/radar/XW_back"

icon_right "gfx/menus/radar/XW_right"

icon_left "gfx/menus/radar/XW_left"

crosshairShader "gfx/menus/radar/XW_reticle"

//shieldShader "gfx/misc/shields_green"

shieldShader "gfx/misc/shields_blue"

soundOn "sound/vehicles/x-wing/on.wav" "sound/vehicles/tie-interceptor/on.wav"

soundLoop "sound/vehicles/x-wing/loop.wav" "sound/vehicles/tie-interceptor/loop.wav"

soundOff "sound/vehicles/x-wing/off.wav" "sound/vehicles/tie-interceptor/off.wav"

soundFlyBy "sound/vehicles/x-wing/flyby.wav" "sound/vehicles/tie-interceptor/flyby.wav"

soundFlyBy2 "sound/vehicles/x-wing/flyby2.wav" "sound/vehicles/tie-interceptor/flyby2.wav"

soundHyper "sound/vehicles/common/hyperstartreb.wav"

soundTurbo "sound/vehicles/x-wing/xwingby.wav""sound/vehicles/tie-interceptor/turbo.wav"

soundFire1 "sound/vehicles/weapons/imp_blaster/fire1.wav"

soundFire2 "sound/vehicles/weapons/imp_blaster/fire2.wav"

soundFire3 "sound/vehicles/weapons/imp_blaster/fire3.wav"

soundImpact "sound/vehicles/weapons/imp_blaster/impact.wav"

exhaustFX "ships/xwing_exhaust"

turboFX "ships/xwing_exhaust_turbo"

impactFX "ships/scrape_sparks"

explodeFX "ships/XW_explosion"

//trailFX "ships/wingtrail"

dmgFX "ships/heavydmg"

injureFX "ships/lightdmg"

noseFX "ships/XW_nose"

lwingFX "ships/XW_lwing"

rwingFX "ships/XW_rwing"

flammable 1

hoverHeight 80

hoverStrength 10

explosionRadius 400 800

explosionDamage 1000 4000

maxPassengers 7 9

landingHeight 300.0

surfDestruction 1

weap1 atst_rocket imp_laser

weap1Delay 500 50

weap1Aim 1

weap1AmmoMax 40 90

weap1Link 1

weap1AmmoRechargeMS 300

weap2 atst_rocket concussion_missle

weap2Delay 500 950

weap2Aim 1

weap2AmmoMax 40 90

weap2Link 1

weap1AmmoRechargeMS 150

weapMuzzle1 atst_rocket imp_laser

weapMuzzle2 atst_rocket concussion_missle

cameraOverride 1

cameraRange 450 500

cameraVertOffset 110 100

cameraPitchOffset 10 0

cameraFOV 100

cameraAlpha 0

}

Those are the kinds of simple edits that he made in Duncan's AT-AT that in his mind means he "re-modded the whole thing" and now it's "his" AT-AT.

This stuff is so simple, anyone can do it. The sad thing is that someone would think this quick, simple, easy stuff is more important than the weeks it takes to, as he put it "...just supplied a model, animations, a skin.." and that doing this childsplay makes something that someone else did the heavy lifting to create, "his" (majinrevan's).

No matter how much he "apologizes" for what he said, that's how he really feels. He has no respect or appreciation for the hard work of others as he hijacks that very same work. He will apologize and "promise" not to do "stupid stuff", and then break his promise hours later: http://www.jk2files.com/file.news?ID=9897&action=expand#343555

#19 - Posted by: Amidala_from_Chop_Shop (Member) on 05-09-2004 at 08:32

If you were truly sorry about what you did you would stop making your earlier stuff available, and would stop trying to publicize and distribute it when you think no one is looking.

#20 - Posted by: majinrevan (Member) on 05-09-2004 at 12:33

O.K., you're right Amidala. I won't do those things again, I swear.

Posted by majinrevan at pcgamemods a few hours later:

majinrevan

5-9-2004 4:11 PM LOL, same thing happened to my Republic Gunship remake. You can still get it at http://www.geocities.com/majinrevan

#25 - Posted by: majinrevan (Member) on 05-10-2004 at 08:54

O.K., yes I shouldn't have said that, but...too tempting... But, don't ban me, I beg you, please...

It really pains me whenever any good, decent person's (Duncan's) trust and goodwill is taken advantage off by a dishonest, arrogant, grasping, immature individual whose adolescent craving for attention and approval exceeds whatever honesty, modesty, talent, skill, and knowledge that he might possess. That's what this is all about. I hate it when nice, creative, hard-working people get stabbed in the back and taken advantage of.

I hope that this tutorial has shown just how easy this stuff is so that modellers and modders will just do it themselves and keep majinrevan away from their projects. If not, I hope someone with integrity and character will step up to take majinrevan's place as the .veh file person. As a last resort, if you ever feel you have no choice but to use majinrevan, contact me and I'll do those files for you. It's so easy and trivial I won't even ask for any credit. And I certainly will never hijack your hard work and call it "mine'. As Viper said to Maverick in Top Gun, "If you can't find a back-seater, give me a call. I'll fly with you".

Those that know me after more than 800 posts here know that I don't go around picking fights with everyone. However, majinravin's behavior is so shameless and unbelievable I really feel I must speak out. He suggests I need to go improve the "tons" of people worse than him. No, after writing hundreds of posts and reading thousands here, I can honestly say I have not seen anyone like him. As I have said elsewhere, he is truly in a "class" by himself.

Duncan has offered nothing but help to the community. I can't beleive anyone would have the gall to basically backstab him.

This is one of the reasons why I keep my projects to myself and people who have a proven record for being trustworthy.

Also, Your damn lucky he is as forgiving as he is. Lord knows I'm not.

*Applauds Amidala.*

Originally posted by DogGy

or the moddered one of majin?

NO.

I'd be willing to help Duncan with the veh file (if he even needs help, that is, he's perfectly capable of making the veh file himself) and not make the AT-AT "mine."

Archived