Home

WIP: AT-AT

Duncan_10158

Having four atsts and four atats sound really good. It wouldnt be like the alamo because the rebels have snowspeeders which will be a very useful weapon against the atats and atsts becuase atsts cant turn fast and niether can atats. The speeders are fast and can fly circles around the atsts and atats blowing them to bits so im going to have more atsts and atats than speeders in the map. I already have probes in the map also four tauntauns.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue of fps have been brought up alot, and one thing I think should be considered is that not everyone is running peak performance systems. Admiral Chemix, I'm running a P4 with 60GB of drive and a decent video card, and I'm pretty sure I cant spawn 50 guys all firing at once without lagging my fps to death. Consider yourself lucky if you can do that and get away wiht it:p

2.2 ghtz CPU

128 megs of DDR ram

Windows XP Pro

Geforce FX 5200 PCI

Running JA witht the following settings:

High detail

800 x 600

Dynamic glows on

Projected Shadows

Dynamic lights on

max sound quality

I get about 20 FPS average, on a good day. I spawn 50 jawas, goes down to 10-15 fps, them shooting lowers it to 8-9 fps, them shooting a hoard of rancors and dark jedi along with good jedi backing them up 4-6 fps. I doubt this thing is over 5000 polygons. 4 won't matter all that much. You could have 6 in the fog, it wouldn't be all that bad.

there arent any real updates on the ATAT. i got only one animation sequence to do and will send it to phunk then. i hope to do that soon but i got quite a lot to do in my other live, you know.

its the same like my droideka project, it was finished about three weeks ago and is now submitted to OJP. but i have no idea when the next version of OJP will be released. it could take weeks or even longer. these kind of vehicles are based on other peoples mod codes i have no access to. sorry.

Hey duncan this is an idea for AT-AT :atat:

1: For the hoth place i think there should be a huge hanger (for imps) with like 3 At_At and then like little at-st's swoops ect

the rebel base shoud have that trench (long 1) and a dish that u can destroy for fun , a few super laser turrets and then the hoth base

and maybe far far away there sohuld be a cave underground that has a invincible Wampa in there :p:deathii:

and for the rebels there should be a hanger inside with a chute leading up into hoth airspace

xwing , snowys , ect.

2: This mite involve a mod

the AtAt vehicle can have a few passengers on board but the first person controls the whole atat power shooting ect ect

the 2nd though should control gun turrets

3: the AtAt i think the vulnerable spots should be in a certain spot that comes in not out at the atat belly

and the nec if u wanna kamikazi into it and blow the thing off lol :p:biggs::atat: Bo0OmM

:p

4: The imperials should have those mega laser turrets that a person can control but it takes ages to reload , atleast 1 min and then it shoots a green long beam and has a HuGe explosion

thatll be a bout it

sry if its to long , my apologies

well, there some problems there Kage...

1. Duncan is not a mapper, but if you check out the mapping showcase there is a hoth siege WIP.

2. To my knowledge other than the console command, you cant have fp view in vehicles.

3. The engine doesnt handle location based damage in vehicles.

4. That would be a whole new model lol, and it *might* have to be made as a vehicle in which case would be a whole other project.

Originally posted by Kage[bDC]

1: For the hoth place i think there should be a huge hanger (for imps) with like 3 At_At and then like little at-st's swoops ect

the rebel base shoud have that trench (long 1) and a dish that u can destroy for fun , a few super laser turrets and then the hoth base

and maybe far far away there sohuld be a cave underground that has a invincible Wampa in there :p:deathii:

and for the rebels there should be a hanger inside with a chute leading up into hoth airspace

xwing , snowys , ect.

the AtAt vehicle can have a few passengers on board but the first person controls the whole atat power shooting ect ect

3: the AtAt i think the vulnerable spots should be in a certain spot that comes in not out at the atat belly

and the nec if u wanna kamikazi into it and blow the thing off lol :p:biggs::atat: Bo0OmM

4: The imperials should have those mega laser turrets that a person can control but it takes ages to reload , atleast 1 min and then it shoots a green long beam and has a HuGe explosion

thatll be a bout it

Kage there are people that want to play a map with Normal FPS with these ideas they wil have about a FPS of -10 now thats something you dont want to have right?

Originally posted by Kage[bDC]

xwing , snowys , ect.

thatll be a bout it

wth are you talking?

Archived