Home

WIP: AT-AT

Duncan_10158

Originally posted by TIE-pilot

can u make a door in the side of the atat?

then some troops can get in there and the driver must be in the head to dirve the thing

is that possible? if it yes please make it...

it good for a siege map then...

Once again, no

I wish it was possible to make tow cables, and than we could've destroy it like in the movies...

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we have to be realistic, to have an enterable area inside the ATAT is not possible with this engine. to have destroyable parts is also out of what know. the 'lift them selfs up' thing is also something i cant say if its possible but to be honest i think it makes no realy sense in gameplay.

i know its great your enthousiams, but keep on the ground. we got problems with the ATAT we have to solve first be for we can even think of tow cables and snowspeeder attacking.

one thing i am working on, is the vehicle box. its for collision controle, it makes the vehicle hitable and avoids clipping. the box is a square around the center of the vehicle and you cant enter it. but the ATAT isnt a square, right? do you know now what the problem is? thats what we need to figure out first and what takes so long to work on.

Thats Coming on Nicley Duncan you should try to form some way that you can fit a few more people into a :atat: AT - AT Like with the LambdaShuttle Like have 2 people 1 controling front gun other controling back gun and have other people that can get in to just spectate em inside if you no what i mean well good luck anyway :p

SuPa -> Like Manquesa said earlier, having a 2nd passenger is a buggy feature in Jedi Academy and without any kind of coding support, trying to do it would be a very unpleasant experience, even people with broadband connections have problems. Until there is a mod made to support multiple passengers, Duncan will just have to go with a one-person controlled AT-AT (certainly would be a difficult task in RL to do:) )

Next update, i have uploaded a new movie of the ATAT, so you can see the progress. this time it has the skin from Mark and some more animations. the death animations were pain and there are still two to go. here is the link:

http://io.meskinaw.net/images/AT-AT/at-at_walking.avi

tFighterPilot, the open/closed hatch, these are two animations one is used of empty vehicles, the other for vehicles with a driver in it. i didnt thought about that, should i make a door that is open when the ATAT is empty? what do you think, does it make sense to see that the ATAT is empty in game? i still could do that.

Hi Duncan, does the render contain all the frames you are gonna use ingame? If yes, is the playback at the same framerate you're gonna play them ingame? The ATAT is a behemont, so, it should move ver slow and smooth, and the smooth looking can only be achieved by adding several frames to each animation. Besides that simple fact, your getting better and better making animations, keep it up man :D.

Oh, another thing to tweak if you will: check the movement of the ATAT on the movies, I dont know how about the body, but the head moves slightly up and down while it walks.

Originally posted by CortoCG

Hi Duncan, does the render contain all the frames you are gonna use ingame? If yes, is the playback at the same framerate you're gonna play them ingame? The ATAT is a behemont, so, it should move ver slow and smooth, and the smooth looking can only be achieved by adding several frames to each animation.

Oh, another thing to tweak if you will: check the movement of the ATAT on the movies, I dont know how about the body, but the head moves slightly up and down while it walks.

no, in there are more frames that will be in game, i made this render out of two series of each six animation sequences so it fits together. the hole animation has about 500 frames right now.

and no, the framerate of the render is much faster then it will be in game. i simply dont know how to lower the framerate when making these render :rolleyes:

you are right, the head is nodding up and down a bit, but hey lets get realistic, the drivers would get sick this way! i am jocking, the reason i dont add an up down movement is, the head will be playercontroled folllow the crosshair, i dont know if it workes to add an animation to that.

for those who dont want to page back, here is the link to the new movie:

http://io.meskinaw.net/images/AT-AT/at-at_walking.avi

The funny thing about Star Wars is that none single aspect of it realistic, nevertheless it feels possible (except for the jedis and the space combat sounds of course, lol). The only guy that can say what is right and what is wrong on the Star Wars universe is our uncle George Lucas. And since he only expresses his vision os SW with the movies, I think we should all stick to what we see in them.

With that little essay apart, you're right about the player controlled head.

PFB= Prefab

There was an AT-AT prefab made for JO a while back. It was well-detailed and you could go inside the thing. The only time I saw it used was in a custom Hoth series of SP levels. Those levels were great, one could even pull a Luke Skywalker on one of the stationary walkers! Y'know, slash the belly, toss a thermal detonator inside and watch the fireworks! (the head blows off in a cutscene)

It's great to see someone's taking the concept one step further. The vehicle looks great!:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived