Home

Lightsaber crystals/gizka question *Small Spoiler*

Mr.AbusivePanda

you can poison them for 560 xp and no points for either alignment.

you can try to give them to nubassa, a guy on manaan looking to start a zoo. i got 500 xp and no points either way for this. but my persuade skill was hish. i think if you approach the conversation with him the wrong way and lie to him or bribe him you can get ds points out of this but i'm not sure.

or you can simply wait until landing on the unknown world where they will somply remove themselves as it seems their species is natural to this habitat.

for crystals that can be found in bodies and piles etc etc, go with the Solari and Opila crystals for your saber (solari can be found on a skeletal corpse on korriban in Naga Sadow's tomb in the Terentatek room, and an opila crystal can be found in a pile of rubble in the star map cave on tatooine.

If you really wanna kick ass though, go to the yavin space station and buy the Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force crystals after you are done with finding all the star maps (so before going to the star forge system, go to yavin first). These fill the position of color altering crystals but also alter the stats for the lightsaber and the additional crystals. A kickass combination IMO is a mantle + solari + opila crystal

Originally posted by eidospsogos

well you wouldn't have to have much of a computer to outdo the out of date watered down computer components used to construct the xbox.

Not exactly. The XBox, other consoles and sometimes the Mac computers can actually have better performances then a standard PC. They're build as one huge block while the PC requires different drivers for different components that work somewhat independently. The fact that it has a 733 Mhz processor doesn't mean that it's anything weaker then a 2Ghz computer. Only the screen resolution and the textures are actually better with a PC. The rest is the same if not better.

sorry i can't agree with that. so everything is in one place and unchanging so you have less problems with driver inconsistencies. that in no way makes the game quality better or equal. i know people have problems of this nature all the time. but i never have had aproblem with a game running on my system that could not be fixed with an updated driver, or a game patch. but to be COMPLETELY honest i have never experienced issues caused by hardware conflicts with games. maybe i have just been lucky enough to always have hardware that is for whatever reason fully supported. i don't know.

regardless of any of what was said above, and driver issues aside. you cannot tell me that an xbox can in anyway, produce textures and graphics rebndered at the quality of a technologically current PC. even i don't have the most up to date system. but my dual P4 2.4's and QuadroFX 1000 are going to outperform an xbox no matter how standard the xbox hardware is in avoiding driver inconsistencies. i have seen the game run on both, and there is NO comparison.

while an xbox may have set equipment that avoids those inconsistencies, it also has nothing in it to make it's performance anything more than par. while a computer system can be constructed in such a way as to make performance not only above par, but phenomenal. it all depends on what you buy and how you set it up.

and just the fact that the texture size for the xbox had to be cut in half from what the original texture size was when designed for PC, should let you know that the quality of the game is reduced a bit.

but despite any of the above mentioned arguments, i never thought i would see the day where someone thought they could logically say that a console game could come anywhere close to a game made for a PC with a straight face. the end of the world must be coming.

I don't see why you said everything about the texture. I mentionned that it was better on the PC.

You're one of those lucky guys if you've never experience hardware conflicts and other driver problems.

Today, a top of the line computer does out-power an XBox, no doubt about that. I'm just saying that the average computer doesn't really have better performances then a small XBox.

Oh wait you just said you have a P4 2.4...hmm...I have an Athlon 1.3...I just consider my comp more "average" then yours. Of course you have a 2.4 so I guess you're supposed to have better performances.

Remember that it's your computer, not everyone elses.

yeah nothing around here stays completely on topic for long.

though there was a logical progression at least. as a lightsaber crystals disscussion inevitably led to the discussion of two special crystals. discussion of those two special crystals led to a discussion of where to get them. at which point some poor xbox owner had to ask where this location was. and then someone had to tell him it was only on the pc version, and now we have all the elements needed to argue about xbox and pcs. after all they've both been mentioned right. :)

Archived