Home

Official Asteroids Thread

Andy867

come on guys, what's your problem. They're releasing this mod, which they make in their spare time, for you guys, without any charge and instead of encouraging them you're all going like "Where's my steack bearnaise, i ordered it 5 minutes ago". I don't think you're giving the dev team any moral boost with this ranting. The longer they work at it, the better it'll be ;) and since a first version bringes the biggest impact (you don't always update) it has to be the best they can deliver now, and balance things out. I'd rather wait another more weeks then have a first version with unbalanced turrets. Keep it up Asteroids team!

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasnt Raven somewhat in on this. I'm REAL sure there gonna be in on a scam. So, even if thats not your work than it will be releaced by the people who had, and they would have pitched a fit to see you do that. You cant fool me. But realy WHEN will you releace it. (Were REALY offended that your not realeacing this on time even though its free. And then if we find anything wrong we'll flame you :-D) Sorry to say this but it happens! :-P

originally posted by Manquesa:

Actually I don't think your bull**** detector is working. Cause there isn't gonna be a release of Asteroids at all. In fact, there really is no such mod in the works either, there never was. This has all been an elaborate joke. The trailer was made in 3ds max, and then we dumbed it down in photoshop to make it look like fraps. And all the vehicles were stolen from other websites of high poly movie versions. You were all fooled.

WE GOTCHA!!!

Sorry, but I just can't go on with this charade anymore.

originally posted by Andy867:

Actually Manquesa is right, we havent given any REAL updates for some time, if you havent noticed. We actually stole the material and decompiled it to just pretend like we working on it. Its all just a scam

HAHA

Right. And I'm Richard Nixon.:p

originally posted by Obi-Kwiet:

Wasnt Raven somewhat in on this. I'm REAL sure there gonna be in on a scam. So, even if thats not your work than it will be releaced by the people who had, and they would have pitched a fit to see you do that. You cant fool me. But realy WHEN will you releace it. (Were REALY offended that your not realeacing this on time even though its free. And then if we find anything wrong we'll flame you :-D) Sorry to say this but it happens! :-P

If the team had stole somebody else's work, I think we would have heard from the original creator(s) by now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Raven given modders/mappers free reign to use whatever they developed? (Hence all the mods/maps?) If they didn't give permission, there wouldn't be any mods or maps. (or if there were, they would be illegal files that one would have to download from bootleg file websites-and in doing so breaking the law)

As for a release date: just be patient. Barring any unforseen catastrophe, the team should be able to release it soon by the sounds of it.

Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet

Wasnt Raven somewhat in on this. I'm REAL sure there gonna be in on a scam.

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

I've been helping manquesa get his vehicles to be 100% like ours and I was in that test that the footage is from... but this isn't an official Raven/Activision/LucasArts map or anything like that, this is just me in my off time.

[/Quote]

Not offical, but slightly affiliated. Anyway I dont think your are stupid enoguh to do that for all that time and then get the JA community realy mad at you. To tell you the truth i'm just waiting for Asteriods to come out then i'm goona play it and uninstall JA.

Hey manquessa, what IS a death glider. Can you post some pics of it?

The Asteroids team obviously didn't learn this valuable tip from Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott of the U.S.S. Enterprise:

Always triple the amount of time when you are asked for a time estimate for when work will be completed (such as getting the warp engines working, recharging phaser banks, etc.). That way, when you do it in less time than your publicly-stated estimate, you become legendary as a "miracle worker":amidala:

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

The Asteroids team obviously didn't learn this valuable tip from Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott of the U.S.S. Enterprise:

Always triple the amount of time when you are asked for a time estimate for when work will be completed (such as getting the warp engines working, recharging phaser banks, etc.). That way, when you do it in less time than your publicly-stated estimate, you become legendary as a "miracle worker":amidala:

Haha. Don't forget to keep saying how utterly impossible it is to do it any faster too, keep hammering that fact in! :)

Man, I'm gonna use this one myself in future.... one question - does it have to be in a thick Scottish accent? :D

Not offical, but slightly affiliated. Anyway I dont think your are stupid enoguh to do that for all that time and then get the JA community realy mad at you. To tell you the truth i'm just waiting for Asteriods to come out then i'm goona play it and uninstall JA

Obviously if you had read anything before the "it's not our work HAHAHA" posts you wouldnt whine about stolen work. Of course it's not stolen work you idiot! What you have before you are 7 pages I think full of posts with their progress etc.

And it's a mod for JA, an addition to JA, if you uninstall JA you won't be able to play Asteroids TFFA

Algis, calm down. How on earth did you think i was talking about stolen work. I know its thiers. I was saying that they wouldn't have stolen it because it would have been alot of work to do all this and it would have done nothing but make the JA community mad.

Next time READ my post. Unless of coure you accedntly quoted the wrong post in which case...

Very nice Death Glider... I'll be sure to get it when is released

Damn, sorry guys. I was just trying to be a bit humorous about the whole situation. Didn't know it would cause such a ruckus.

Anyway, i'm not about to announce a release date, who knows what could happen this time. We were pretty confident about being able to release earler this week we is why we said it was likely. But a delay occured that pushed the release date back a bit, sorry. Basically, (hate to blame this guy but..) I sent all my finished vehicles off to Mike Gummelt of Ravensoft to put his proffesional touches on the .veh files and balance everything out. He said he'd get that done at a certain time which is where we got our tentative release date from. But then he went MIA for aout a week because apparently he just got real busy with a new game that he's working on, or in his words "we got into crunch time with our current project" (something like that anyway). He says now he should be able to get em done by Monday, so hopefully it really won't be too much longer.

Believe me, we're more anxious to get this out than anyone else.

Well, firstly, that crazy fox-headed Gungan is right, they're doing this for free. My favorite mantra is "patience is a virtue."

Anyway, I think that this mod is going to be awesome. My question is, will it be possible for other modders/mappers to create their own maps for this mod? Cause I'd LOVE to see an Endor version.

(This is a little off topic, but I'm kinda waiting on people making an Endor speederbike level for MP. It's possible, and would be AWESOME, if executed properly. Maybe the Asteroids team's next project ;)?)

I just love that endor speeder bike mission in rebel strike, though I can't imagine an equal good one with the engine from JA

They'll pretty much encourage other mappers to map for it, "if they get released i'll play on them em" (quotes from here IIRC) and it shouldnt be any more or less hard.. Good thing is that there's a lot of inspiration to get from the 3 rogue squadron games

Actually, it should be a wee bit easier, considering they don't have to redo the hyperspace effects or anything like that.

Speaking of which, Tie fighters don't have have hyperdrives do they? They need to use larger ships to transport them

???:(???

I know it can't be helped by now, but it's just something I thought I'd throw out there .

EDIT: Deleted the 8) symbol. It's supposed to have geeky glasses, forgot this board doesn't support it.

Speaking of which, Tie fighters don't have have hyperdrives do they? They need to use larger ships to transport them

??????

Obviously the TIE Fighters you see in "Asteroids" have been specially retrofitted by the Empire to have hyperdrive capability.

PS: I may have my fixed pc back this weekend so I can finally get some action! *fingers crossed*

Originally posted by Andy867

The Final Trailer has been released.. Check out JK.net for more information. There are 3 versions available (Low and Medium are in WMV 9 format, and the High Quality is in MPG-1 Format).

Downloading now, come on! COME ON! HURRY UP INTERNET!

sorry, just getting a bit impatient for this great mod :rolleyes:

edit: COMPLETE, now I will have this on constant loop till the real thing is released!

Archived