Home

Official Asteroids Thread

Andy867

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so you all know, the mod is ready for release, I have everything zipped up and ready to go. All I'm waiting for is the linux build, which someone is doing for me. I gave him the final code today and he was going to compile it tonight. As soon as I get it from him, I'll add it to the .zip and pass the .zip to Andy for posting... :)

Originally posted by Andy867

FFVII: Advent Children.. Should be sweet:) I am a huge FF fan:)

My cousin used to have a PSone with ff7, I wasn't that in to ff then, not now either, but I will see that movie for one reason

*sephiroth's theme plays with me in his costume, in the scene with the fire and shadow*

I'm probably THE most promenent sephiroth fan.

EDIT: I can't help but notice, does anyone else notice that the lyrics sound like

"X-box, eat berries, he's a fair entitie, X-box eat berries, he's a fair entitie SEPHIROTH"

*withholds the urge to strange andy*

That HAD to have been the only time I have ever been patient...and for a false alarm! Aragh!

However, the sheer joy at knowing the most anticipated mod (for me and many others) is comming out with-in a few minutes is enough to counter act my violent reaction. I agree with Neverhoodian, though. NO MORE FALSE ALARMS (LoL)

Another little something I found, the asteroids space combat server (password protected) has been up for the last few days, I just checked ASE, and it's down! that can only mean one thing....

*still has those weird lyrics to sephiroth's song stuck in his head*

"X-box, eat berries, he's a fair entitie, X-box eat berries, he's a fair entitie SEPHIROTH"

GAAAAAAAH!

A mappers intrepretation of AIVAS's song:

X-Box, A box with an X texture applied to it...

eat berries, Um...well...eats berries?

he's a fair entite, Well...the above box must not be a brush, but an entite, most likely of the 'func' catagory...

So, AIVAS is singing about an X-textured entite...got'a remember that one...

I don't want anyone trying to join the server until I get a chance to update the files to the final "gold" release. As soon as I upload those files I'll restart the server, and there will be no password.

Just so you know, I have friendly fire ON, so don't shoot wildly. Anti-team killing is also ON, so you'll get booted if you kill 5 of your teammates, either accidentally or through incompetence.

It will rotate asteroids1, asteroids2, then siege_destroyer2, repeat.

Quick question, say I SOMEHOW manage to figure out how to put a new music track in (replace it with sephiroth's theme, and keep the patch info the same, not sure how) and change it to the same name as the music that comes with the mod, will I be able to connect to other servers with it?

People, PLEASE STAY OFF lucasfiles.com and the other download sites or else uploading will be IMPOSSIBLE, forcing the DELAY of it... Cuz essentially, all you going to lucasfiles and such are tying up bandwidth, making it impossible to release it.

*steps into Imperial hanger in an Imperial Flightsuit*

*hops in Tie Intercepter*

"...zzzzt...this is Omega-1, reporting. Incercepter powered up, all systems are nominal. Omega Squadren requesting launch codes...zzzzt..."

Archived