Home

Official Asteroids Thread

Andy867

At the meantime, the Asteroids trailer is only available on JK.net but we soon going to be making a new one with new stuff in it, which will kind of make the current trailer somewhat obsolete. So, just look forward to more news coming in the next week or so:) You could use like Download accelerator to obtain the files. just install it from http://www.speedbit.com and then right click on which ever file and click download with DAP and it has download resume support:)

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I am aware of, but I do know that Manquesa was able to fix the muzzle effect to that it shoots forward and not off to the side (apparently some problem in the Q3A). I personally cannot wait to release this and go up against the best fighter pilots out there:) Should be awesome. And Manquesa, working on the LOD's, is certainly wanting to get this project done:)

well, the muzzle thing was a mistake I had made before that I fixed, nothing wrong in the game itself with that.

I think that everything is pretty much done except for my stuff which means I better get back to work. But i'll give an update on where I stand now.

Awing -- 99%, just need to do the LOD's

Y-wing -- 90%, need to fix landing gear animation, muzzletags, and do LOD's

Tie-Interceptor -- 99%, just need to do LOD's (though we may go with 7IM's tie interceptor instead, I think I may like his better)

TIe-Advanced -- 99%, just need to the LOD"s

well, back to work I go, hopefully we can get this thing out real soon. keep your fingers crossed :D

more updated please, cmon cmon cmon, hurry up and finnish it, cos at one stage it was a "christmas presant" accorfing to jediknight.net...well thats true i guess... for next christmas!

nah im just mucking around mate, but seriously, hurry up, this looks too good

Hehe, yeah the pressure's on.

Well here's where I stand now.

A-wing: DONE!!

Tie-Interceptor: DONE!!

Tie-Advanced: DONE!!

Y-wing: 97% (need to do the LOD's still and I need to figure out how to set up the bones for the turret)

Hopefully this thing will be done soon but I really don't know where we stand on the map itself though. The hangars as well as the big Asteroid in the middle of the map were being completely remade, I think they're just about done but i'm still waiting to hear something on that.

But i'm still keeping my fingers crossed that all will be done and released within the next week or so, hopefully not much longer than that.

Well, we are currently awaiting back to get the updated map, and then we will be testing this weekend hopefully and are aiming for a release for tentatively next week sometime. We will try to get some footage of the updated vehicles just before the release. but dont expect to see too much in it. be more of just a teaser clip than anything really

Well, this weekend we will be Finally wrapping up the testing which means there is a 99.9% chance that Asteroids will be released this upcoming week. What day for sure? Not able to say just yet, but things are looking pretty good with the new hangars and new asteroid modelled, plus Manquesa finishing up the Vehicles and all their stats and eye candy:)

fraglimit should be fairly high, at least 100-200 since when ships with droids count as 2, and sometimes when we were just testing with 2 people, for 15 minutes, it got to be like 59-39 so with many people, like 6 vs 6, it should yield some high scores. Timelimit.. When we tested, we really didnt use a timelimit, since it was just the 2 maps.. one with the huge asteroid and one without it, which allowed for a little more dogfighting room.

Archived