Home

Official Asteroids Thread

Andy867

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I... can't... wait... another... WEEK!

I've been talking to my friends about this mod/map for AGES. It looks like it could bring a little bit of that multiplayer action we were all hoping for in Rogue Squadron. Looks like a cross between RS and XWA. And we all know the equation:

RS+XWA=SOFRICKINAWESOMEI'MGONNAHURLFROMAIRSICKNESS!

... and I don't get airsick. Ever.

Are flying vehicles allowed in SP? I guess I remember spawning tons of ridable rancors and wampas and swoops and such but TIE's and X-Wings in SP? I don't recall if it even works...

Without a SP SDK I'd think you'd be more limited in what you could do, plus the handling of vehicles is different in SP, but....

Who knows!

Then again you could also be creative and create Single Player style scenarios for MP!

Originally posted by Kurgan

Are flying vehicles allowed in SP? I guess I remember spawning tons of ridable rancors and wampas and swoops and such but TIE's and X-Wings in SP? I don't recall if it even works...

Without a SP SDK I'd think you'd be more limited in what you could do, plus the handling of vehicles is different in SP, but....

Who knows!

Then again you could also be creative and create Single Player style scenarios for MP!

Yes but the sudden reason of my intrest in sp mods is that my parents have put a complete and total ban of my playing games ONLINE :(:mad: :mad: :mad: must... KILL... parents...

This is an immensely cool idea, with some skilled people involved - here's hoping!

Originally posted by Kurgan

Who knows!

Hmmm....I think so...I'm pretty sure I played around with Monsoontide's Naboo fighter in SP...I think.

Anyway, its a good idea. I think the reason you haven't seen any vehicle-centric SP stuff yet is that it will be very, very time consuming to make, and difficult to code. You can't play around with the SDK like Kurgan said so...ICARUS scripting is your main tool. At the very least, I'd love to see some cool vehicle bits/levels in upcoming SP campaigns, its a wonderful area Raven have given us room to play around with!

Dev Translation: 1 week: Next Month, 2 weeks: Never, 1st quarter this year: Q3 Next year, When its done: we will only releace updates furtavly and infrequenty, and only after you've forgotten about it, also it will ony be releace after the game is so out dated no one will care, or, more likley our team will break up in two months after some petty squables.

Actually, we just had a testing session last night as Manquesa can confirm. We are just working to get the turret balanced. I am working on the teaser trailer as I am typing this so this project is definitely nearing completion. We did have a few minor setbacks, but we are back on track and the release is just around the corner.

Originally posted by Andy867

Actually, we just had a testing session last night as Manquesa can confirm. We are just working to get the turret balanced. I am working on the teaser trailer as I am typing this so this project is definitely nearing completion. We did have a few minor setbacks, but we are back on track and the release is just around the corner.

If my Bullsh*t detector isn't malfunctioning, (And it isn't I had it checked last week) then he's right, my guess is, that now we can probably expect this within a week from now?

I'm going to sound like a skeptic, but I think that, like other mods, the question isn't "Will it be released within a week?" anymore, but "Will it be released while we still care?"

I've seen too many mods die when they were DAYS away from completion. Most of them that are "days away" really are days away, but every now and then they die QUICKLY and SUDDENLY, kind of like a jackrabbit on crack. ;)

Actually I don't think your bull**** detector is working. Cause there isn't gonna be a release of Asteroids at all. In fact, there really is no such mod in the works either, there never was. This has all been an elaborate joke. The trailer was made in 3ds max, and then we dumbed it down in photoshop to make it look like fraps. And all the vehicles were stolen from other websites of high poly movie versions. You were all fooled.

WE GOTCHA!!!

:p

Sorry, but I just can't go on with this charade anymore.

:confused::eek:

Archived