Home

Official Asteroids Thread

Andy867

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Manquesa

Oh man, that better be true or else we'll recieve hell for it Andy.

*emperor palpatine* only now, do you see. in one week, you die :lightning LOL! j/k but I couldn't resist, but yes, not nescicarily from me, but if I know ONE thing about the gaming community, it's Delays = all **** breakin loose

Finally some more footage :) First impressions: A-wing looks a bit too bright to me; asteroids move around way too fast.. The fact that it looks a bit lonely is because you're only with 2, I can imagine the fun with 10vs10 :) and new maps for it really are needed.. I feel this mod can go along for a very long time

With the specular textures, it only appears bright at first but as you will notice when you download and play it, it is also dark in areas. And the asteroids arent really moving nearly as fast as you think. Once you play it, you will see what I mean.

I think this mod will be only used for air combat, and hopefully more maps will be added, and perhaps in those maps included vehicles (there are some nice ones out like the jedi starfighter, if you make an asteroid field with geonosis in the background you can put up starfighter vs slave01 fights :D )

Careful Andy, keep up these release date semantics and you may need to consider running for public office!

J/k ; )

Anyway, very impressed with how Asteroids is shaping up, though there remain a few tweaks that need to be done to finish up the mod (Andy & co. know what I mean).

As I've said before I hope (and believe) Asteroids will spur development and interest in many other quality vehicle based maps and mods.

Originally posted by SlapNut

i wanna be playing this by tuesday next week, now hurry...please...still waiting

Patience is a virtue. It'll be done when it's done ; ). Just 1 question (I don't know if this has been asked yet), will there be 'free flight' capabilties? (though I doubt it).

if you mean can you go elsewhere outside of the Asteroid Belt.. No.. once your ship leaves the repsective hangar, whether it be Imperial or Rebel, you will instaneously make the jump to hyperspace which will then set you off just within the asteroid belt.

Well, the vehicles are only being released once the Asteroids are released, which is HOPEFULLY soon.:) Cuz everything is basically done. Just need to get updated vehicles over so that everything can be compiled and such, and its looking like the final file size will be between 12-17MB. (specular textures and all the new stuff added on some "weight")

Archived