Home

Official Asteroids Thread

Andy867

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Andy867

In case you are wondering about why I havent said anything much tonight, its because I've learned of this AWESOME News

Clickie

I will definitely do my best to host BOTH of these great maps on my *cough*6-person* server...

Now at least we have something new to keep ourselves occupied while waiting for the astroids map. :)

This is awesome :D I was on the verge of getting a life, but now... Oh now! We get to usher in a new era of star wars gaming-ish thingies ( I have a way with words don't you agree?) so that makes... an ffa space map (Flight school), a TFFA space map (astroids), and a siege space map (Destroyer). all that's left now is CTF space maps :D I think that would be so awesome, two bases seperated by space then once inside the base you have to run to the flag and stuff, oh man! and they say this game is dead... Guess I better go ahead and learn how to get the space ships to fly or something.

Cool Tie Defender!!! If only they'd make a new x-wing game. Or any space sim at all.... :(

Star Trek and Star Wars are both good imo. Star Wars is about great action and incredible art-design, and Star Trek is, or at least used to be, (curse you Berman), a more reflective show about possibilities and humanity.

Who Cares!! COWBOY BEBOP would kick all of thier asses! Its way better than star treck, star wars, stargate, and any other thing that starts with star.

spike speigel would destroy the enterprise with his swordfish 2 monoracer, and then fly to the death star and bust a cap in darth vaders helmet, then he would throw a grenade and blow up the death star, while flying into a hyperspace gate and randomly coming across the stargate thing, He would destroy it too!

booya!

:uzi1::cyb2:

:uzi1::vadar:

:uzi1::edeaths:

Hey, anyone else get the new Siege Destroyer map? I did it is cool!! But, the hangars are EXACTLY like Asteroids TFFA's hangars... Also, the Hyperspace is the same!! And the alarms before hitting an asteroid!! Ahh, did the Asteroids TFFA team COPY off of them? Or did Raven COPY off of the Asteroid TFFA team? Or, maybe, the people at Raven just wanted a universal, same looking hangar. Who knows, I don't. Also, somehow the X-wing sucks in it. The Z-95 is better. I've always like the X-wing better, but in this the Z-95 rocks!!

BTW: Star Wars rules, it is more possible then Star Trek or Stargate. I've see Star Trek (who hasn't) and Stargate. Stargate was a bunch of BS to me (it just rambles on and on, no fighting). Star Trek was better, but not good enough!!

Anyway, I can't wait for Asteroids TFFA to come out!! You guys said that it might come out this week. Hopefully you are right.:vsd: ----We need one of those for JA, please!!

:fett:

Originally posted by Andy867

Because the DARK SIDE is TOO TEMPTING...

CANNOT RESIST....

"Resistance is futile...."

Col Jack O'Neill: Oh for crying out loud.

No one should be allowed to mix that many Sci Fi quotes in one post :)

Obi_Kwiet, that is totally uncalled for and in no way connected with these forums, and quite possible extremely offensive to some people an' all.

majinrevan, was good shooting you out of the sky and vise versa :) I agree, the Z-95 seems a lot better than the X Wing, though I think the X-Wing's missiles do a lot more damage and are good for attacking the SD especially.

Well, once again the Official Asteroids Thread

has gone off-topic, so once again I will try to bring

it back on-topic.

Just so you know, some important features and tweaks

were just added and need to be debugged, then once

it is finished in Win32 form it needs to be compiled in

Linux because most hosted servers use Linux.

Then a first and final test on a Linux server needs

to be done, then it should be ready. The Asteroids

team is working very hard to give you a polished

and fully-featured mod that runs well from day one,

so please be patient.

Thank God this is a leap year and February has an

extra day:amidala:

Here is another screenshot to remind you of the original

purpose of the Bespin landing pad:

falcononbespin.jpg

Archived